Norwegian Jewel - 21+22 Dec 2 days Sydney at end of cruise ?

Given that my contract is now ending.. on my the hunt for some cheap quick cruises at the end of November / December (yes it's a rotten time when suddenly you are given notice and you miss all of those other deals)

However - Norwegian Jewel - 11 Dec from Auckland to Sydney...

.... but ..  it arrives in Sydney on the Sat 21st 0600 - and you disembark on the 22 Sunday.

Most stupid question -  why ?  

can you get off on the Saturday... have a bit of a walk around town and then head back to the ship for dinner / show overnight - then formally disembark on the Sunday  ( ***noting I'm a Sydney / Shire resident) - OR - are you 'captive' for that Saturday - and you can't get off but just remain on the ship ???  

Edited by shireboi

I'm on that sailing (and yes, it's a very good deal indeed ...) Nobody has advised that we will be unable to leave the ship on Saturday. My assumption is to treat Saturday like any other (overnight) port visit and then disembark on Sunday morning. I'm in the same 'boat' as you (living in Sydney that is).

Do stay safe tomorrow!!

Edited by boeckli

Hi Boeckli,

Noticed that you live in the Sydney area. Can you please give information on the wildfires? I am scheduled on the Dec 1 cruise and then plan to spend a week in Cairns & Sydney area after disembarking. Would like to get an "insiders" idea of what the situation is and your opinion on how it might be in a few weeks.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

I expect you will be at anchor the first day with Tender to shore an Dock the second day for disembarkation.

Sydney Ports are reporting that the ship is at Circ Quay - so I do that this 'end of cruise' a little weird...

... anyway... considering this cruise at the moment....  (which will be a few days after having 2 days on Explorer Dream from Bris to Sydney.. might need something else decent to do after reading some of the ED comments..

5 hours ago, travl2day said:

Hi Boeckli,

Noticed that you live in the Sydney area. Can you please give information on the wildfires? I am scheduled on the Dec 1 cruise and then plan to spend a week in Cairns & Sydney area after disembarking. Would like to get an "insiders" idea of what the situation is and your opinion on how it might be in a few weeks.

Thanks!

These fires are NO where near Sydney - they are several KMs north - and the only impacts Sydney would be getting is haze / pollution...... which we have had in recent weeks. 

As for what the situation will be like in a few weeks..  who knows...  the fires may have burnt out ... but you'll find that we have moved into early summer here.... and with less rain.

Conditions today are expected to be bad in the regionals - mainly due to existing fires.. and high winds. 

5 hours ago, travl2day said:

Hi Boeckli,

Thanks!

Bushfires are unable to accurately predict so far ahead.  However, Cairns is tropical, so less likely to have bushfires.  We didn't use to have bad bushfires in Queensland because of our tropical wet weather.  However, due to lack of rain, conditions have changed in Queensland. If you google bushfires in New South Wales and Queensland, it will show you current bushfire conditions.

16 hours ago, Goldconnection said:

Sorry but according to NCL, we will not Tender as the ship will dock on Dec. 21st and we be able to get on and off. It will not anchor.  

thanks - kinda 'strange' - more so for us Sydney residents... you can hop off.. take a few things home . maybe pick up a few fresh clothes... and head back for the last night on board 🙂