Princess loyalty OBC

I am interested to know what other cruisers have experienced with the Princess loyalty OBC. It is difficult (I would have to say impossible) to find the answer with an internet search.

OBC is given by Princess after the passenger has achieved a certain level of cruise credits (one credit per cruise, two if booked solo or in a suite). This includes P&O UK up to 2017 (I think that date is correct) and Sitmar and P&O Aust up to and including the current cruises.  To keep it simple, I will refer to 'cruises' not 'cruise credits'.

I have read two different versions of when this OBC is applicable. Version #1 has it applying from the 21st, 31st, 41st and 51st cruises. Version #2 has it applying from the 21st, 32nd, 42nd and 52nd cruises. I will be reaching one of these milestones on my next Princess cruise, so I am interested to know which version is correct.

For interest, the amounts are $25, $50, $75 and $100. One regular Australian cruiser has commented that the OBC is US$ that is converted to AUD on Australian based cruises. Even better. 😊

It’s definitely converted from $US as my last cruise a few weeks ago was cruise credit 35 and I got around $76. 
Not sure if it is 31st or 32nd. As number 31 was on P&O  , 32 was Princess.

I assumed it was 32 from reading things but will be happy if it’s 41 for my next level 😀

Just found my account from last cruise and it was $72.95 for the $50 credit level.

I’m sure most people know this but the number of cruise credits you have shows on your cruise card in the bottom right hand corner under your folio number. 
eg - 31A

Also for solo travellers , cruises on P&O only accrue 1 cruise credit not 2 (or 3 for a suite ) like on Princess. 

27 minutes ago, RosieCanberra said:

Thanks AusTraveller, I didn't even know this existed. I am around the 20 mark. Cool!

You should get $25 on your 21st cruise. Although P&O cruises count as well as Princess, the OBC is only payable on a Princess cruise.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Thorpe said:

Just found my account from last cruise and it was $72.95 for the $50 credit level.

Someone else posted a comment on the general Princess board that the OBC was US$ converted to Aussie. I believed her comment, but it is good to have it confirmed. 😊

15 minutes ago, Bubbeh said:

We've found Princess OBC to be the best.  Not only do we get a good rate per se but my husband gets an additional $250  (from memory) in honour of his veteran status.

If you buy 100 Carnival Corp shares, you will get additional OBC of $100 (7 - 13 day cruise) to $250 (14 days or longer). In addition to the OBC, the annual dividend is around $200. The price of the shares is down at the moment, so it is a good time to buy.

Princess allows passengers to 'stack' their OBC - veteran + shareholder + loyalty credit. 🙂

Doubt if I will ever get loyalty credit, too willing to try other lines. Pity it’s not like their other benefits and go off nights as well as cruise credits, 200 nights is just around the corner, but the next five cruises after December aren’t on Princess.

23 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Doubt if I will ever get loyalty credit, too willing to try other lines. Pity it’s not like their other benefits and go off nights as well as cruise credits, 200 nights is just around the corner, but the next five cruises after December aren’t on Princess.

Are your 200 nights your total cruising on all lines, or are they your Princess total?

7 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

If you buy 100 Carnival Corp shares, you will get additional OBC of $100 (7 - 13 day cruise) to $250 (14 days or longer). In addition to the OBC, the annual dividend is around $200. The price of the shares is down at the moment, so it is a good time to buy.

Princess allows passengers to 'stack' their OBC - veteran + shareholder + loyalty credit. 🙂

We are taking advantage of this OBC stacking. we do not get veteran but the others are good.

6 hours ago, Goldconnection said:

Did you try calling Princess. Sometimes I find that information provided on this platform is at best guess work. On certain things I find direct contact with the cruise line is best. 

The people at the call centre have never heard of the loyalty OBC. They deny such a thing exists. The Captain's Circle staff would probably know, but I thought someone here might have experience. Anyway, it is what it is. I will find out on my next Princess cruise.🙂

I found this info hidden somewhere on the Princess Board not so long ago.

Loyalty OBC bonus on Princess cruises are as follows-

21st to 31st cruise = $25.00 OBC per cabin

32nd to 41st cruise = $50.00  OBC per cabin

42nd to 51st cruise = $75.00  OBC per cabin

52nd cruise onwards = $100.00 OBC per cabin

These bonuses will appear on your folio account after you board.

Hope this is what you wanted to know.🙂

55 minutes ago, doenbucket said:

I found this info hidden somewhere on the Princess Board not so long ago.

Loyalty OBC bonus on Princess cruises are as follows-

21st to 31st cruise = $25.00 OBC per cabin

32nd to 41st cruise = $50.00  OBC per cabin

42nd to 51st cruise = $75.00  OBC per cabin

52nd cruise onwards = $100.00 OBC per cabin

Hope this is what you wanted to know.🙂

Thank you, but it doesn't answer my question. In addition to what you posted, the Princess board also has a list that shows "21st to 30th; 31st to 40th; 41st to 50th; 51st and onwards". This second version seems more logical but that doesn't mean it is correct. 😊 I will see on my next Princess cruise.

28 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Thank you, but it doesn't answer my question. In addition to what you posted, the Princess board also has a list that shows "21st to 30th; 31st to 40th; 41st to 50th; 51st and onwards". This second version seems more logical but that doesn't mean it is correct. 😊 I will see on my next Princess cruise.

I think this one makes more sense but either way the 21st cruise should get some.

On 11/11/2019 at 10:45 AM, Aus Traveller said:

I am interested to know what other cruisers have experienced with the Princess loyalty OBC. It is difficult (I would have to say impossible) to find the answer with an internet search.

OBC is given by Princess after the passenger has achieved a certain level of cruise credits (one credit per cruise, two if booked solo or in a suite). This includes P&O UK up to 2017 (I think that date is correct) and Sitmar and P&O Aust up to and including the current cruises.  To keep it simple, I will refer to 'cruises' not 'cruise credits'.

I have read two different versions of when this OBC is applicable. Version #1 has it applying from the 21st, 31st, 41st and 51st cruises. Version #2 has it applying from the 21st, 32nd, 42nd and 52nd cruises. I will be reaching one of these milestones on my next Princess cruise, so I am interested to know which version is correct.

For interest, the amounts are $25, $50, $75 and $100. One regular Australian cruiser has commented that the OBC is US$ that is converted to AUD on Australian based cruises. Even better. 😊

Can confirm it’s the second. Have crossed over the increases a few times, as have some regular travel companions. It’s USD converted to AUD on Princess Au cruises and straight USD elsewhere.

13 hours ago, doenbucket said:

I’ve usually found it appears in your Travel Summary under the SPECIAL SERVICES section within the last week before the cruise.