Cruise Critic Community
TCUcruiser16

Sharing MedallionNet Package

I'll be on the Royal Princess over Thanksgiving and my mother pre-purchased unlimited MedallionNet wifi for a single device for the entire cruise.

From what I've read, since we're in the same cabin, we should be able to share the package, correct? What does that entail? Is it easy to log-on/off so a companion can use it?

I'm guessing I'll be the primary user, but she'll want to log-on to check email, etc. every so often. 

Yes, you can share the package. You just have to use the same login and password. If one device is connected and you want to use a different device, the first device has to be disconnected. In the past, at least, when you tried to sign in with the second device it tells you that there is a device connected and asks if you want to continue by disconnecting that device.

Actually, being in the same cabin is not a requirement for doing this. If you shared your mother's signin information with others, anybody on the ship with that info could sign in, just one person (device) at a time.

It's a great way to cut the expense of the internet package provided each person logoffs each time when finished. This isn't much different than when using the minutes provided to Platinum/Elite. 

suggest you go down to internet cafe and have them add the login and logoff apps to your phones.  That way you just click the on or off app to disconnect and the other person can log on

Edited by AF-1