Airport arrival time - FCO

KeywestK

Our cruise ends on October 25th at Civitavechhia, and we will shuttle or taxi to a hotel at FCO.  We have a 6 a.m. flight out of FCO the following morning.  Do we need to arrive at the airport 2 or 3 hours in advance?  I read on trip advisor that we only have to be there 2 hours in advance since we're not flying an American carrier.  We have traveled overseas many times and always thought 3 hours was the rule.   We're flying TAP,  Rome to Miami.  TIA for any guidance.

So what you really are saying is your are flying Rome to Lisbon to Miami. That makes the first leg a "domestic" flight. Technically, that would mean 2 hours is advance will be fine. As the airport will be relatively quiet at that time, you could probably be there 90 minutes in advance.

I believe the extra security level is not based on which airline carrier but on your destination. If you are flying with no stops to the US or Israel from Rome, there is an extra layer of security to go through, regardless of your carrier.

At least, that has always been my understanding...

It's unclear from your post, but if you are flying TAP it seems likely that you are not on a non-stop to Miami from FCO?  If your first stop is in Europe, you can arrive at the airport two hours prior to your flight and you should be fine.

Edited by cruisemom42