On our own or through the ship?

bjcruiser

We are wanting to do a Kayak in the mangroves excursion. Trough the ship is a total of 260.00 for two of us. If I book direct with the vendor it is only 160.00. My issue is to get them to arrange the taxi we need to meet up with them at 8:45. We dock at 8. Is this going to give us time to get off the ship and meet up with them on time. Or do we just pay the extra and book with the ship. Its just 100 dollars is a lot of money. I have booked many excursions on my own with locals i'm just a little worried about the time. Its with VI Eco Tours.

Is Eco tours paying for the taxi out of the $160? What time does the tour start? They usually don't put people who book direct on a cruise ship tour. The taxi fare for 2 people should be around $40 round trip at regular rates.

That's cutting it close because nobody knows what time you'll be allowed to disembark. If you came from a foreign port, there may be immigration/customs check before ship is cleared to disembark. 

4 hours ago, Ms411 said:

Bluewater, the OP isn't going to St John. They're doing a kayak excursion on St Thomas. 

My mistake, perusing several posts at once...but thank you for being so quick to point that out...MS411!!!

But my point is it's ok to use the ship excursion, thousands do that each week, no need for post #7. Next visit her hubby may feel more comfortable with a self-excursion! 😆