T-mobile in Sydney

34 minutes ago, golffore2001 said:

We are from US and have t-mobile one that includes 210 countries with Australia being one. T mobile says I could have issues in Australia. I have an iPhone and just wondering if any t mobile customers have Australia experience.

We don’t have T mobile in Australia.They would use a local carrier as a partner.

The main one here are Telstra and Optus and there subsidiary’s.
I think the only issues would be in remote areas but none in Sydney.

I looked on TripAdvisor and the reports are generally very positive about phone use. However, question about data use. Seems to depend on the plan.

the iPhone will work fine on our system as it has the required bands.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g255055-i120-k10261758-o40-Tmobile_use_in_Australia-Australia.html

The issue will be what bands your iPhone model has versus the frequency bands the carriers use here 

There will almost certainly be some that are aligned however you may find you don’t get the best coverage or speeds - but they should be more than adequate 

9 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Which ever carrier the OP chooses once here, they should make sure they read the T&Cs so they know what charges (if any) they would be up for.

They’ve chosen them - T Mobile - they have an international roaming plan but the question is will there be hardware limits because of their iPhone handset model.

The other issue may be what carriers networks TMobile allow roaming onto. This isn’t a cost issue it’s a technical coverage issue 

T-Mobile roam to Telstra and Vodafone networks in Australia. USA iPhones do not have Band 28 which is used in Australia for our primary (fastest) 4G network. This means your iPhone will still have very good call and data coverage here just not at the fastest speed available. In major cities and for typical use I doubt you will notice any difference than at home, and it will be certainly faster and more reliable than on any cruise ship at sea. Please also triple check and confirm with T-Mobile your roaming allowance and and applicable charges before you leave. Travel well!

• Thanks 1

Remember to turn roaming off or turn Flight mode on when at sea - I don’t believe TMobiles international roaming covers you whilst at sea and operating on networks like Cellular at Sea (you would need to confirm that though as things might have changed)