😕😕​​​​​​​Puzzled 😕😕​​​​​​​

Jamericannn

Keep or Cancel?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Read below before answering poll.... Should I cancel the FTTF or should I keep it?

• Yes - They will absolutely not allow the other room to board with you
    • No - They will allow your other room to board with you
    • ------ I have no clue -------

7 minutes ago, xitappers2bx said:

I'm guessing if your kiddos are in the room next to yours, one is at least 21 (and can therefore totally board on their own, and if they screw that up... well... they should know better) or your partner/friend/spouse is in one room with one child and you're in the other room with the other child.  

I thought you can put all of the minor (under 18) children in one stateroom, and put all adults (18+) in another?

1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

I thought you can put all of the minor (under 18) children in one stateroom, and put all adults (18+) in another?

Right you are. Kids 12 & under can be in their own cabin directly across the hall or next door, as long as it's not a balcony. Kids 13-17 can be up to 3 cabins away.

On 11/12/2019 at 6:38 AM, Nic6318 said:

hi

Very likely they will allow your  "minor" children on board with you, not the adults. If this was the only reason you wanted FTTF, I would say return it and arrive later.

If everybody arrives at the same time, they will get to board, just not with you. They will get on board not necessarily long after yourself. The benefit there would be that they would have a place to store their luggage until the other cabins are ready.

have a great cruise

I have FTTF for my February cruise, but my daughter did not get it for her two cabins. We will board and then meet them in the lobby of ship and have them store their luggage in our cabin before heading to lunch. No way in heck would I give up my FTTF! 

I have been on 1 Carnival cruise and had FTTF.  It was less money then.  I liked it and thought it was worth it.  I will be going on another Carnival on the Magic in the Western Caribbean.  It appears to me that all 4 ports will be tendered.  I think that convinces me to buy it.

My two cents:

I thought is was good advice by another poster to contact customer care with an email of your dilemma. It cannot hurt.

Second, I'm platinum now, but not too long ago I literally had always been lucky finding a FTTF, even at the very last minute. That said, I used to check about 3x a day. I always had great luck.. I don't know what your schedule is, but if you are able to check 3x's a day, I would suggest that you keep checking back.

Now if I was in your position and these things do not work, since you already have one, and are boarding with your kids and a dependent adult, I would roll the dice and just kindly ask at boarding.

People here on this message board may disagree, but guess what? All the boarding agents are different. As with any customer service agents, it all depends on who you get, how understanding they are, what kind of mood they are in, how polite you are, etc..

One of my favorite personal stories is on the Disney line. I was with my mom and 3 year old. Mom was on oxygen. The first agent was not sympathetic. I simply went on to another agent, whom I believe was above her in status, and explained the battery issue of mom's O2 machine. He understood and boarded us immediately. 

This proves it all depends on who you talk to.

FYI: The many times I was lucky enough to go on cruises with my mom, CCL was always (by far) the best and most understanding of our situation. That's why even now, I don't think I'll ever cruise with another line. Carnival is just wonderful, IMHO.

I hope you have a great time on your vacation!! I really believe it will all work out for your family!

Edited by shellster1

21 hours ago, xitappers2bx said:

I'm guessing if your kiddos are in the room next to yours, one is at least 21 (and can therefore totally board on their own, and if they screw that up... well... they should know better) or your partner/friend/spouse is in one room with one child and you're in the other room with the other child.  

in either of these situations, they aren't going to let anyone board, they obviously wouldn't let a minor board alone, but there is no situation where a minor would be in a stateroom alone without a 21+ booked into that room.  

With that said, I randomly grabbed access to FTTF last night, so it's still totally possible. 

Again... Carnival's minor policy does NOT require that an adult be booked into each room.

4 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

I'm really not sure what you are expecting to hear, other than that they went on their cruise and had a great time???

Well, I am expecting them to tell me how the boarding with FTTF works if the minors are in a next door cabin. 

Just now, jbethel11 said:

Well, I am expecting them to tell me how the boarding with FTTF works if the minors are in a next door cabin. 

1. They didn't say that they had FTTF.

2.  Carnival's own policy says that they would be able to board together

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1380/~/priority-check-in

image.thumb.png.301020522976a5b6428d3d0f6dbda0c7.png

On 11/13/2019 at 8:55 PM, shellster1 said:

I thought is was good advice by another poster to contact customer care with an email of your dilemma. It cannot hurt.

It seems as if a big portion of this thread was deleted for some strange reason. I'm going to put this out there again because I think it's relevant to this topic. I've talked at length about FTTF with a Carnival customer service rep., a supervisor, and finally our PVP. The system that handles FTTF is separated in such a way that they have little to no control over it. For example, when someone who had FTTF cancels their cruise, or cancels just their FTTF purchase, it does not immediately return to the availability pool. It can take hours to show up as available again. We had to cancel a family who backed out on us and it took all night for their FTTF to appear again. And they cannot release it any sooner, the system handles it automatically. That's where my conversation with the rep. and supervisor came into play. We had a FTTF, but wanted to switch the payment method to a different credit card to get a discount. They couldn't change the method, so I had the idea of cancelling our FTTF, then immediately buying it again. But they couldn't release it back into availability again. It had to do that on it's own and there was a chance I'd miss it. Not even the supervisor could do it. Some time later, I talked to our PVP about it and he confirmed that the FTTF's are on a separate system. They can't pull one out of nowhere and can't be handed out by reps. or PVP's. I'm sure that has a lot to do with the fact that the amount sold are capacity controlled and are strictly kept track of. Someone had suggested calling customer service to ask for another one, but that isn't going to work.

• Thanks 1