Viking Sky in Ashdod: 12 Nov

epixx

• 4 weeks later...

We were on this same ship, same itinerary last November when, as we were docked in Ashdod the bombs started.  It was the worst day of attacks since 2014. We were on a private tour at the time and our guide was extremely anxious to get us back to the ship. Once we arrived there was none of the usual greeting and there was no red carpet laid out.  Once we got on ship we realized that the ship was going to leave momentarily, ahead of schedule, and return back to Haifa. It was intense.

I was so shocked to hear it happened again a year to the day later!  It made me rethink private tours because I cant imagine how nervous I would have been had the ship left and we had to make our way to Haifa (even though it was a short distance).  I really do hope that Viking continues to visit the region as it is highly educational and very lovely.

6 hours ago, tinaincc said:

We were on this same ship, same itinerary last November when, as we were docked in Ashdod the bombs started.  It was the worst day of attacks since 2014. We were on a private tour at the time and our guide was extremely anxious to get us back to the ship. Once we arrived there was none of the usual greeting and there was no red carpet laid out.  Once we got on ship we realized that the ship was going to leave momentarily, ahead of schedule, and return back to Haifa. It was intense.

I was so shocked to hear it happened again a year to the day later!  It made me rethink private tours because I cant imagine how nervous I would have been had the ship left and we had to make our way to Haifa (even though it was a short distance).  I really do hope that Viking continues to visit the region as it is highly educational and very lovely.

NOT encouraging, as we are leaning towards doing the "Cities of Antiquity and the Holy Land" cruise sometime in the next 2 years. Haifa is on the itinerary. 

Edited by OnTheJourney