About to book first Disney - dinner reservations with separate cabins?

mjonis

Hi all,

I'm about to book our first Disney cruise (not direct via Disney).

My sister and her family will be in a Deluxe Family Verandah and we will be in a regular Verandah (two separate cabins).

I thought I read/heard somewhere that you needed to book both items together so that you can keep the dinner reservations/parties together?

I'm only familiar with something like this once in the past, but that was with Royal Caribbean and you didn't have to book at the same time, just had to get the booking #'s and login to the website and "link" them together.

Just wanted to get all my ducks in a row before I called and booked something with the OTA.

Thanks!

10 hours ago, mjonis said:

Hi all,

I'm about to book our first Disney cruise (not direct via Disney).

My sister and her family will be in a Deluxe Family Verandah and we will be in a regular Verandah (two separate cabins).

I thought I read/heard somewhere that you needed to book both items together so that you can keep the dinner reservations/parties together?

I'm only familiar with something like this once in the past, but that was with Royal Caribbean and you didn't have to book at the same time, just had to get the booking #'s and login to the website and "link" them together.

Just wanted to get all my ducks in a row before I called and booked something with the OTA.

Thanks!

You only need the reservation numbers to link reservations on DCL.

If you're not booking both rooms at the same time, when you book the second one ask to have that reservation linked with the first one.  Then ask them to link the first with the second. 

Thanks Shmoo!

We're all set.  The nice lady at the Cruise Vacation Outlet took care of everything for us.  Yay!

Now, off to research DCL and the Fantasy some more and probably ask more dumb questions (a lot of the "sticky" articles seem really old/outdated, so will have to roll up my shirt sleeves and do lots of searching)

4 hours ago, mjonis said:

Thanks Shmoo!

We're all set.  The nice lady at the Cruise Vacation Outlet took care of everything for us.  Yay!

Now, off to research DCL and the Fantasy some more and probably ask more dumb questions (a lot of the "sticky" articles seem really old/outdated, so will have to roll up my shirt sleeves and do lots of searching)

Ask away, that's what we're here for.

• Like 1