Thoughts on 6:40pm flights arrived on embarkation day?

aururab

I am debating changing our flights to arrival in PPT at 6:40pm on our embarkation day. 

This would give us 3 nights in Moorea post cruise, instead of 1 night in PPT and 1 in Moorea Pre cruise.

It is the United SFO-PPT flight, I am just so worried about it being delayed that I was initially wary about that option, but I am starting to think it may be worth it. 

Any thoughts? It is only a 8 hr flight and 2 hr time change so we won’t arrive exhausted...

3 minutes ago, aururab said:

I am debating changing our flights to arrival in PPT at 6:40pm on our embarkation day. 

This would give us 3 nights in Moorea post cruise, instead of 1 night in PPT and 1 in Moorea Pre cruise.

It is the United SFO-PPT flight, I am just so worried about it being delayed that I was initially wary about that option, but I am starting to think it may be worth it. 

Any thoughts? It is only a 8 hr flight and 2 hr time change so we won’t arrive exhausted...

The big question is are there other passengers that booked the airfare on United through PG directly or through a TA on the same flight? Planes have been known to come in late and the PG waited for them but then again I think your in better hands if the flights were booked through PG. Just my take ..... You might want to ask PG directly or have your TA ask PG what is the policy in your individual situation 😉

Based on our experience with 3 PG cruises, if you book your air through PG, they will wait for your flight. It you are flying on your own then you are on your own. If you're late,  how would they  even know that, and since you avoided them for air transport, why should they care?  If PG offered airfare from SFO to PPT for your cruise, and it was on the same flight you chose, and there are passengers who paid PG for airfare on that flight, then you will be OK if the flight arrives late.  When I'm paying a significant amount of money for a vacation, I never take a chance that I might miss the ship. 

Doesn't the PG still sail around midnight?  If so, you have some wiggle room.

I myself, however, would never arrive on the day of embarkation, too much risk.  Can squeeze another day in?  Or more?  I actually prefer a pre-cruise stay, but any three days on Moorea is glorious!