How do I reply to sender requesting information?

2 hours ago, MEETEILEEN said:

I would like to join a group tour, but can't reply to notts1964 about Lima tour on Eclipse for Dec. 1, 2019

Eileen Brown MEETEILEEN

To reply to a post just hit the Quote button below it, and put your text in the area below the black line (which demarcates the quoted text). If you want to specifically notify a user put in an @ and then begin to type their user name. You will see a drop down box below, and the more letters you put in the fewer you have to scroll through. When you find the user name, click on it. For example when I look for you, I typed @MEETE which gets me directly to you @MEETEILEEN. When you select from the dropdown box, it will turn blue as in the previous sentence.

Edited by gnome12

44 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

To reply to a post just hit the Quote button below it, and put your text in the area below the black line (which demarcates the quoted text). If you want to specifically notify a user put in an @ and then begin to type their user name. You will see a drop down box below, and the more letters you put in the fewer you have to scroll through. When you find the user name, click on it. For example when I look for you, I typed @MEETE which gets me directly to you @MEETEILEEN. When you select from the dropdown box, it will turn blue as in the previous sentence.

Thank you very much for helping me.  Unfortunately, I received this announcement by email and there was no "Quote" button to hit for a reply.  I'm missing something, but I don't know what!  This was an easy-peasy reply to you!

Take care, Eileen

17 minutes ago, MEETEILEEN said:

Thank you very much for helping me.  Unfortunately, I received this announcement by email and there was no "Quote" button to hit for a reply.  I'm missing something, but I don't know what!  This was an easy-peasy reply to you!

Take care, Eileen

If you got the announcement by email, you could reply to whoever sent you the email, by email.

If not, when you are in the roll call for your sailing, instead of using the quote, use reply to this topic at the bottom of the thread, and, assuming you know the user name of the person you wish to communicate with, use the @ approach to highlight this for them. If you don't have the user name, just give the details of the tour that you are interested in joining, and with any luck the organizer will find the post and follow up with you.

Edited by gnome12