Are Guarantees really that bad?

mitsugirly

Keep checking the Sail Away category, as on the Away-class ships there are 4 forward cabins that are in the BX category that have extra large balconies, and if they aren't taken or someone cancels, they might open up.  We were able to snag 8712 on the Escape in March under the Sail Away category, and I just checked our sailing again and 8112 is open to select now (8110, 8112, 8710 and 8712 are the 4 cabins).  Once those are taken, it moves to the random assignment option.  Good luck and I hope you continue to heal and get back to normal!  Love your cruise reviews and recommendations!

Well, they have already assigned us our room (3 weeks until our cruise) and we were upgraded to a B2 and saved $1058. So, I guess it wasn't too bad of a gamble. A little further than I wanted to be from the elevators, but it will work. I'm happy about our decision to give this a try. 😁

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Well, they have already assigned us our room (3 weeks until our cruise) and we were upgraded to a B2 and saved $1058. So, I guess it wasn't too bad of a gamble. A little further than I wanted to be from the elevators, but it will work. I'm happy about our decision to give this a try. 😁

Glad to hear that you are happy with your decision. Enjoy your cruise.

Booked balcony sail-away gty for 3/1 at 9am today.  Checked back in the afternoon and we were already assigned a BA cabin.

Great location...cabins above and below.  I never had one assigned so soon and I never had one the was what I consider "the best category".

Very happy with this guarantee!

• Like 1