Miami Water Taxi?

CruzerDeb

6 hours ago, CruzerDeb said:

Has anyone taken the water taxi in Miami? I'm planning on it! I'm staying across the street from Bayside and want to go to South Beach and walk around.

If you want to go to South Beach, there are much cheaper, convenient ways to do this other than the water taxi.

The route is a very long way to get to South Beach and it drops you off at the Miami Beach Marina which isn't close to anything in South Beach but Montys and Smith & Wollensky.  You'll still have to Uber to get to Lincoln Road, Ocean Drive, Espanola Way, etc.

The Miami Water Taxi has some great stops on the Miami River but otherwise, not so much.

I would just Uber to South Beach and spend that money on mojitos at The Delano.

Or spend the day on the water taxi.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

If you want to go to South Beach, there are much cheaper, convenient ways to do this other than the water taxi.

The route is a very long way to get to South Beach and it drops you off at the Miami Beach Marina which isn't close to anything in South Beach but Montys and Smith & Wollensky.  You'll still have to Uber to get to Lincoln Road, Ocean Drive, Espanola Way, etc.

The Miami Water Taxi has some great stops on the Miami River but otherwise, not so much.

I would just Uber to South Beach and spend that money on mojitos at The Delano.

Or spend the day on the water taxi.

Perfect, thank you!

18 hours ago, CruzerDeb said:

Has anyone taken the water taxi in Miami? I'm planning on it! I'm staying across the street from Bayside and want to go to South Beach and walk around.

We did this last year and enjoyed it, although we did have a bit of a hiccup that was subsequently resolved satisfactorily. 

58 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

We did this last year and enjoyed it, although we did have a bit of a hiccup that was subsequently resolved satisfactorily. 

Thanks for the info!  You found the walk do-able from water tax drop off point to South Point Park Pier? I'm off to map all this stuff, but I do like the thought of round trip on the water taxi.

35 minutes ago, CruzerDeb said:

You found the walk do-able from water tax drop off point to South Point Park Pier?

On the whole we did. We just took it slowly and stopped to take photos from time to time. DH, being the least fit, was more than ready to sit down when we eventually went for lunch though. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Incidentally, they made the issue of the boat breaking by refunding our full ticket price.

Sorry, that was meant to read: they made the issue of the boat breaking down good by refunding our full ticket price.

That's what happens when you're trying to split your attention between posting on the boards and your cat demanding rubs. :classic_laugh: