Not Using Shore Excursion Credit

Julieh40

6 hours ago, salty dingo said:

No, for us it was worthless. It is a shame they call it a perk.

I feel the same about the PBP.......  and the 3rd / 4th travel free.....    but not all promos will always fit my needs. 

Edited by esm54687
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, cheeseclan said:

I wanted to use it for the post cruise transfer and was told no.  Must be an actual shore excursion.  Oh well...

Wonder who told you that.

Direct from https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

Wait, for the $20 transfer to airport?  No, can't be used for that.  For an excursion that ends with you being dropped off at the airport?  Yes..

• Like 2

I always look at it as a discount rather than a credit. Because basically that is what it is.

Sometimes it is a good value like booking two Cocoa Beach transfers which when applied

made them free. Sometimes it is worthless as when booking a shore excursion to see

a Flamenco show in Puerto Rico is $79 pp when you can just go there yourself and pay $20pp.

2 hours ago, hallux said:

Wonder who told you that.

Direct from https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

Wait, for the $20 transfer to airport?  No, can't be used for that.  For an excursion that ends with you being dropped off at the airport?  Yes..

Yes we just wanted to use it as a transfer to airport and told no.  Must do a post cruise excursion and then drop off at airport to use.  

17 hours ago, Julieh40 said:

We have decided to book all our shore excursions with outside agencies.  Am I able to get OBC in place of the shore excursion credits?

Your question has been answered above (and in other threads if you'd done a search), but for future reference, with questions like these, they are usually answered right there in the Terms & Conditions:

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions