Declined Upsell Offer Maasdam

VK3DQ

Hi Folks

Have just declined an upsell offer for our 3 -23 December cruise on Maasdam

We have two ocean view cabins next door to each other the wife and I in one and the mother in law in the other ... the upsell offer was upgrade to best available Vista suite for $650 per person with the single occupant paying double  so a total of $2600 ... we thought this was to much considering the Vista suites get very few perks and are more or less just balcony cabins

What do you folks think

Regards

John  

3 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

Now, if it was the offer of a free upgrade...

Ha ha  That is what it used to be, until the cruise lines discovered they could make some money from getting passengers to shift, for the cruise line's convenience.  

My upgrades have been free, e.g. inside to window (on top of the anchor).

Hi Folks

Thanks for your comments... Yes we were concerned that we would not be able to get two cabins next to each other , and the "Vista Suite" is not much more than a basic balcony cabin not offering "Suite" perks.

I looked at the cost of suites when booking and decided to go for the two cabins rather than the three of us sharing a larger suite,,, having two bathrooms and a little extra space for my mobility scooter and a full bed for the MIL rather than a sofa bed were the things that we considered'

Anyway just two weeks to go now :-)

Regards'

John

2 hours ago, VK3DQ said:

Hi Folks

Thanks for your comments... Yes we were concerned that we would not be able to get two cabins next to each other , and the "Vista Suite" is not much more than a basic balcony cabin not offering "Suite" perks.

I looked at the cost of suites when booking and decided to go for the two cabins rather than the three of us sharing a larger suite,,, having two bathrooms and a little extra space for my mobility scooter and a full bed for the MIL rather than a sofa bed were the things that we considered'

Anyway just two weeks to go now 🙂

Regards'

John

Enjoy your cruise John!

Leigh

13 hours ago, possum52 said:

Enjoy your cruise John!

Leigh

Hi Leigh

I see you are in the south eastern suburbs ...as am I , and as you perhaps recall I am a radio ham ..Many years ago HAL was known as ham friendly allowing amateurs to transmit from their ships  times have changed somewhat and I shall attempt to connect to my radio here in Melbourne via the internet and special software , this requires me to connect my mobile phone to the ships network and then connect my laptop to the phone to use the software  to operate my radios 

Transmissions will be on 1.825 Mhz in AM Mode and 7.093 Mhz in LSB Mode  times will be advised later

I will be connecting to the 160mtr coffee break net ..a Melbourne institution thats been running for many years , but this contact from a ship at sea may be a first

Best Regards

John

16 hours ago, VK3DQ said:

Hi Leigh

I see you are in the south eastern suburbs ...as am I , and as you perhaps recall I am a radio ham ..Many years ago HAL was known as ham friendly allowing amateurs to transmit from their ships  times have changed somewhat and I shall attempt to connect to my radio here in Melbourne via the internet and special software , this requires me to connect my mobile phone to the ships network and then connect my laptop to the phone to use the software  to operate my radios 

Transmissions will be on 1.825 Mhz in AM Mode and 7.093 Mhz in LSB Mode  times will be advised later

I will be connecting to the 160mtr coffee break net ..a Melbourne institution thats been running for many years , but this contact from a ship at sea may be a first

Best Regards

John

Good luck John, hope your transmissions go well. Yes, I'm in the south east suburbs, although a bit more south.

Leigh

Edited by possum52