Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
FraudBroad

Sky Princess TA - Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale Blog

Recommended Posts

off site "blog" - no thanks ... I'll just keep following Colo with his live from thread posted right here

 

enjoy your trip and thanks for bringing her over to us for our 12/4 2nd "inaugural" for the U.S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, georgiacat said:

Tell me all about Hotel Lleo and Barcelona.  We are going there in May.

Lucky you, a transAtlantic.

We loved the Hotel Lleo two years ago.  The rooms were huge (by European standards). The bathroom had one of the biggest walk in showers I've ever seen in a hotel.  The rooms were clean, service is great and the prices is exellent.  It's only a couple of blocks off of Las Ramblas, so you don't have all of the noise, but you have the proximety.  And the breakfast buffet was amazing!

 

Barcelona is such a great city.  So much beautiful architecture to see (Gaudi was something else).  Looking forward to seeing insde Sangrada Familia on this trip!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FraudBroad said:

. . . The bathroom had one of the biggest walk in showers I've ever seen in a hotel. . . .

We once also had a huge walk-in shower (maybe 4 x 6), in a Copenhagen hotel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FraudBroad said:

Hi All,

I've started a blog and will be posting from my TA on the Sky Princess - Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale.  We leave tomorrow for Barcelona and board the Sky Princess on Sunday.  Would love to have you follow along!

 

http://confessionsofacruiseaddict.blogspot.com/

 

Cheers,

Natalie

Natalie, I look forward to reading your blog, esp. your thoughts on the Sky.  We've been to Barcelona twice, 2003 on the old Regal (don't remember much about that visit) and again in Oct 2011 on a WB TA from Venice.  On that trip we used the HOHO bus to get around, plus walked Las Ramblas (as we had in 2003).  Enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

Natalie, I look forward to reading your blog, esp. your thoughts on the Sky.  We've been to Barcelona twice, 2003 on the old Regal (don't remember much about that visit) and again in Oct 2011 on a WB TA from Venice.  On that trip we used the HOHO bus to get around, plus walked Las Ramblas (as we had in 2003).  Enjoy!

We are actually doing the HoHo bus on Saturday.  We have early tickets to see inside Sangrada Familia and then will take the bus.  I LOVED Barcelona when we were there in 2017 so I'm really looking forward to being back again!

 

So funny about your shower in Copenhagen. We were there in 2016 and I SWEAR the shower in the hotel we stayed at was smaller than the one on the ship! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, FraudBroad said:

We are actually doing the HoHo bus on Saturday.  We have early tickets to see inside Sangrada Familia and then will take the bus.  I LOVED Barcelona when we were there in 2017 so I'm really looking forward to being back again!

 

So funny about your shower in Copenhagen. We were there in 2016 and I SWEAR the shower in the hotel we stayed at was smaller than the one on the ship! 

We were in CPH  5 times between 2003 and 2017.  Once we stayed at the Marriott east of Tivoli  (post cruise and with other CCers--someone had found that they had a really good deal then), but the other times we've stayed in small, old hotels.  Three near the RR station and one near Nyhavn.  Can't remember all the showers <g>.  Older hotels there have quite a big breakfast buffet spread in our experience.

Edited by BarbinMich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to your blog. I had to cancel TA on the Sky . Hope you have a great cruise. I love Barcelona. The HOHO bus is one of the best ways to see the city. There are also several free walking tours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, emmak8 said:

Looking forward to your blog. I had to cancel TA on the Sky . Hope you have a great cruise. I love Barcelona. The HOHO bus is one of the best ways to see the city. There are also several free walking tours.

Oh gosh I'm so sorry!!! It's always terrible to have to cancel a cruise! Thanks so much for following along!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ioksengorn said:

Going on the sky in December can’t wait 

please take some pictures of menus in DR

Absolutely!!! I wouldn’t have it any other way! We will be for sure also doing Crown Grill and trying Le Mer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear that you missed your flight. Glad your mom made it safely by herself. Best wishes for the rest of your trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy for you! I'm following along and love seeing your photos of Barcelona. Thanks for sharing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whew!  Your United experience was a great reminder of why you fly a few days early for international travel - so glad you made it and your mom was ok on her lonesome for that time.  Here’s to smooth sailing for the rest of your trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...