Coca Cola OUT, Pepsi Cola IN

LMaxwell

I hate Pepsi - smells like a cleanser. So much for ordering a Rum and Coke. Rum and Pepsi? Yuck! What about all the other cocktails that call for Coke, not just a cola? We'll keep bringing our cans of coke on board with us. DH will have to order a shot of Rum and bring his own Coke to mix with it.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

That's a Coke product. Maybe he can develop a taste for Mr. Pibb which is a Pepsi product. I've done it in a pinch and they both contain prune juice! 🙂 

Dr. Pepper is a coke product?? Where did you hear that vicious rumor? THAT is fake news.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr_Pepper

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, SailorMarg said:

The only thing my husband wants to know, what about the Dr. Pepper?!!

Dr Pepper is bottled by both Coke and Pepsi so it could still be available. I’ve seen both Dr Pepper and Mr Pibb served out of New Orleans and Galveston in the past. 

• Like 1

I thought I didn't care about this, but then i saw the list of included drinks on John Heald's page.  I dont drink soda, but I do enjoy Pure Leaf teas.  I also like Propel, Gatorade, and especially the Starbucks frappachinos.  If those are all actually available on board as part of Bubbles, I may end up purchasing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, purplephenom said:

I thought I didn't care about this, but then i saw the list of included drinks on John Heald's page.  I dont drink soda, but I do enjoy Pure Leaf teas.  I also like Propel, Gatorade, and especially the Starbucks frappachinos.  If those are all actually available on board as part of Bubbles, I may end up purchasing.

This.  If they add propel, I am with you on bubbles....wait there are no bullies in Propel....aww never mind.  

19 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

That's a Coke product. Maybe he can develop a taste for Mr. Pibb which is a Pepsi product. I've done it in a pinch and they both contain prune juice! 🙂 

Surprisingly, Dr. Pepper is neither a Coke nor a Pepsi product. “Dr Pepper Snapple Group is an American multinational soft drink company based in Plano, Texas, and as of July 2018 it is a business unit of the newly formed publicly traded conglomerate Keurig Dr Pepper....In the United States, Keurig Dr Pepper does not have a complete network of bottlers and distributors, so the drink is sometimes bottled under contract by Coca-Cola or Pepsi bottlers. Prior to the initial Cadbury Schweppes investment-turned-buyout, 30% of Dr Pepper/Seven Up products were produced and distributed by Pepsi bottlers, and another 30% by Coca-Cola bottlers. The remaining 40% were produced and distributed by independent bottlers (mainly consisting of Dr Pepper/Seven Up premerger regional bottlers) and the Dr Pepper/Seven Up Bottling Group. Currently, the majority of Pepsi and Coke bottlers bottling Dr Pepper are owned by PepsiCo and The Coca-Cola Company after their buyouts of their major bottlers. Presently, Dr Pepper Snapple relies on its own bottling group to bottle and distribute its products in more than 30 states.”

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SailorMarg said:

Surprisingly, Dr. Pepper is neither a Coke nor a Pepsi product. “Dr Pepper Snapple Group is an American multinational soft drink company based in Plano, Texas, and as of July 2018 it is a business unit of the newly formed publicly traded conglomerate Keurig Dr Pepper....In the United States, Keurig Dr Pepper does not have a complete network of bottlers and distributors, so the drink is sometimes bottled under contract by Coca-Cola or Pepsi bottlers. Prior to the initial Cadbury Schweppes investment-turned-buyout, 30% of Dr Pepper/Seven Up products were produced and distributed by Pepsi bottlers, and another 30% by Coca-Cola bottlers. The remaining 40% were produced and distributed by independent bottlers (mainly consisting of Dr Pepper/Seven Up premerger regional bottlers) and the Dr Pepper/Seven Up Bottling Group. Currently, the majority of Pepsi and Coke bottlers bottling Dr Pepper are owned by PepsiCo and The Coca-Cola Company after their buyouts of their major bottlers. Presently, Dr Pepper Snapple relies on its own bottling group to bottle and distribute its products in more than 30 states.”

Not only is Dr. Pepper based in Plano, TX but Dr. Pepper was INVENTED in Waco, TX   [  flame suit on..incoming in 3...2...1...] :classic_laugh: