Coca Cola OUT, Pepsi Cola IN

LMaxwell

46 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

That's a Coke product. Maybe he can develop a taste for Mr. Pibb which is a Pepsi product. I've done it in a pinch and they both contain prune juice! 🙂 

they don't even list Mr Pibb as an option in the list John Heald posted

1 minute ago, ChosenOne said:

they don't even list Mr Pibb as an option in the list John Heald posted

When I posted that I was under the assumption Pibb was a Pepsi product and at that point in the thread it had not been disclosed who or where the announcement by Carnival had been announced. 

Well, that's a bummer.  I prefer coke products.  Doesn't mean I won't sail a line that uses pepsi - just means I will either have a shot of root beer added to my diet pepsi or bring my own diet coke.  I noticed NCL is a pepsi line as well.  Worst thing about that is I can't bring any cokes on board with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

Carnival will stop carrying Coke products in next few weeks and make a changeover to Pepsi.  

FYI.  And worth what you spent to read it. 

BOOOOOOO, this is horrible news for my NYE cruise. We can each bring a 12 pack correct?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Amazing the hold that Soda has on some.

I have a friend..who does have his second cruise on carnival booked for next spring...who swears by coke. It has to be coke. This is going to be very disappointing for him. Me? I don't care. I drink both. On a cruise I just drink alcoholic beverages and water so it really doesn't matter to me.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mutumbojimbo said:

I'm not thrilled by this, but I'm sure many are. How long before Club O2 is re-branded with a Mountain Dew tie-in?🤣 

I hope not.  Teenagers can be hyper as it it (except before noon).  I don't think we need to target them with caffeinated soda ads.

I am not much for soft drinks, but the rest of my immediate family drinks a lot of Coke products. We do not go to restaurants that serve Pepsi for this reason and we have not cruised Norwegian for this reason. This is a bad move on Carnival's part. I expect this will cost them more than they are gaining with a cheaper product. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

I hope not.  Teenagers can be hyper as it it (except before noon).  I don't think we need to target them with caffeinated soda ads.

No kidding! I once read somewhere(not substantiated) that Mountain Dew contains more caffeine than any other soda. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, asalligo said:

I am not much for soft drinks, but the rest of my immediate family drinks a lot of Coke products. We do not go to restaurants that serve Pepsi for this reason and we have not cruised Norwegian for this reason. This is a bad move on Carnival's part. I expect this will cost them more than they are gaining with a cheaper 

Marriott did this and they lost a lot of corporate business.

6 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

No kidding! I once read somewhere(not substantiated) that Mountain Dew contains more caffeine than any other soda. 

Back in the day this was true. Back then, the only other soda that contained more caffeine was Jolt. However now with with all the energy drinks out there this no longer the case. If you don't count the energy drinks, it's still up there and it still has more caffeine that most coffees. 

As others have mentioned Dr Pepper(my drink of choice)  is distributed by both Coke and Pepsi and is the official soda pop of Texas. I hope this doesn't affect its availability on cruises out of galveston or New Orleans. 

2 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Carnival will stop carrying Coke products in next few weeks and make a changeover to Pepsi.  

FYI.  And worth what you spent to read it. 

I love this news.  Now I don't have to carry on a 12 pack.  Coke is just too fizzy for my taste.

• Like 2