Coca Cola OUT, Pepsi Cola IN

LMaxwell

3 hours ago, purplephenom said:

I thought I didn't care about this, but then i saw the list of included drinks on John Heald's page.  I dont drink soda, but I do enjoy Pure Leaf teas.  I also like Propel, Gatorade, and especially the Starbucks frappachinos.  If those are all actually available on board as part of Bubbles, I may end up purchasing.

the Pure Leaf, Propel, Gatorade and Starbucks will not be part of Bubbles, but will be a part of the alcohol package.

3 minutes ago, cruisinagain1960 said:

the Pure Leaf, Propel, Gatorade and Starbucks will not be part of Bubbles, but will be a part of the alcohol package.

Yup, I saw John had mentioned this in a later post.  I'm back to not caring about this change :-).  Thanks 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Carnival will stop carrying Coke products in next few weeks and make a changeover to Pepsi.  

FYI.  And worth what you spent to read it. 

Although I’m not a fan of Pepsi, drinking only Diet Coke, I’m not happy about the switch, but I’m certainly not getting hysterical about it. I do not select my cruise lines based on what soda is served. I drink so little soda, anyways. I imagine that the Coke I ordered for my cabin will now be Diet Pepsi. Oh, well. I’ll deal with it. 😜

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

That's a Coke product. Maybe he can develop a taste for Mr. Pibb which is a Pepsi product. I've done it in a pinch and they both contain prune juice! 🙂 

Actually if you look pibb is a Coke product also

Edited by patrickiii
Wrong word

1 hour ago, cruisinagain1960 said:

I know NCL has a contract with Pepsi as well.  Does anyone who's sailed NCL know how they handle that?  Can you ONLY get Pepsi products or do they have a supply of Coke for the bar?

Having been in the pop industry for 18 years if a cruiseline, ballpark, theatre, or any other venue has a "contract" with a soda company that companies products will be served exclusively.

There is big money paid for that exclusivity.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Unfortunately, it looks like the naked juices won't be included in the cheers package. Still a net positive with the bubble water, Gatorade, Pure Leaf teas, and Starbucks selections. 

Naked juices are listed under the cheers on John Heald's post.

5 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Thank you, must be fake news I heard or read. My apologies to Coke Corporate in Atlanta 😉 

Dr. Pepper is owned by Kuerig but has a deal with both Coke and Pepsi to allow it to be in both fountain line-ups.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cushing985 said:

Not a big deal for me.  I'm not a fan of Pepsi so will just bring along a 12-pack of coke (at most I drink 2 per day).  I will survive!

Me too. The plus for me is mountain dew. The negative is no coke zero. I can carry some or none, I'll be ok for a week or even two without.

7 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Dr. Pepper is a coke product?? Where did you hear that vicious rumor? THAT is fake news.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr_Pepper

Hoping they offer Dr Pepper, Pepsi distributes Dr Pepper in Fl   

Dr Pepper/7 UP  is it's own product   It get distributed by both Coke, Pepsi & Themselves depending on region.

It's  complicated  

Edited by Bases5
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Amazing the hold that Soda has on some.

I'd say with liquids in general. I can't even count how many people HAVE to have a specialty coffee, energy drink, soda, milkshake, etc every day or even multiple per day. To be completely honest, I think a cold can of Coca Cola is the tastiest drink there is. With that said, it doesn't mean I guzzle it by the gallons because I like it. Mostly because of health concerns. Partially also because I don't need to spend thousands per year on sugary liquids. Nothing about vacation makes me want to drink unlimited portions of it.

I try to drink a lot of water while on vacation. All of the other stuff makes me feel like crap. I don't need to buy it in bottle form either. Apparently, this would ruin the vacation of many.

• Like 2

Thank you very much, thank you very much, that's the nicest thing that anyone's ever done for me.  Now I finally don't have to carry-on my Dr. Pepper which I have been doing for years.  

Dr. Pepper and the Captain, yum!!!!

6 hours ago, cruisinagain1960 said:

I know NCL has a contract with Pepsi as well.  Does anyone who's sailed NCL know how they handle that?  Can you ONLY get Pepsi products or do they have a supply of Coke for the bar?

Pepsi is it on NCL and you are not allowed to bring any soda on board. Personally I smile at the kerfuffle over Coke vs Pepsi as I can and will drink both. Just thank your lucky starts that it isn't Royal Crown Cola they decided to replace Coke with.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Honestly not a fan of this mostly because I prefer Coke products and I Love me some sprite it is what I usually only drink on a cruise which is why I always get the BB package as I don't drink at all honestly. Anyone have any idea if on my December 29th Legend Sailing if it will be Coke or pepsi products?

5 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Honestly not a fan of this mostly because I prefer Coke products and I Love me some sprite it is what I usually only drink on a cruise which is why I always get the BB package as I don't drink at all honestly. Anyone have any idea if on my December 29th Legend Sailing if it will be Coke or pepsi products?

This goes into effect in 2020.since you will be on ship as it changes into 2020, I can only guess that since the cruise began with Coke products, that’s what you will have.