Coca Cola OUT, Pepsi Cola IN

LMaxwell

10 hours ago, asalligo said:

we have not cruised Norwegian for this reason...

We have our first Norwegian booked for February 2021. The fact that they serve Pepsi products AND you can’t bring your own soda is something that I’m dreading about that cruise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Honestly not a fan of this mostly because I prefer Coke products and I Love me some sprite it is what I usually only drink on a cruise which is why I always get the BB package as I don't drink at all honestly. Anyone have any idea if on my December 29th Legend Sailing if it will be Coke or pepsi products?

I'm on that sailing and just checked online and they have removed the coke references in the BB and they are no longer selling any coke products on their other beverage packages you could get, like buys 6 cokes. Still not showing Pepsi either. I am bringing my DC on board with me. Not risking it because there is not enough alcohol that can make Pepsi taste good for me.

I'd much rather have Pepsi then coke.

I'd rather have Miller then Bud.

I'd rather have steak then chicken.

I'd rather drive a ford then a chevy.

I'd rather fish then golf.

Are my choices right or wrong?

They are right for me.😁

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, SeekingSun13 said:

I'm on that sailing and just checked online and they have removed the coke references in the BB and they are no longer selling any coke products on their other beverage packages you could get, like buys 6 cokes. Still not showing Pepsi either. I am bringing my DC on board with me. Not risking it because there is not enough alcohol that can make Pepsi taste good for me.

I just checked my planner online last night, and for the 6 Diet Cokes I bought for my February cruise on the Glory, the pic of the Diet Coke has been removed, so I’m sure I will be substituted with Pepsi. But flying in makes it difficult to bring on soda. For my April cruise, I did not pre order Diet Coke, as we are driving from home, and bringing on our own. As I said, my go-to soda is always Diet Coke, but I will not die if I have to drink Pepsi. It’s certainly nothing to make me switch cruise lines, as some threaten. That is just ridiculous. Not to mention, I do believe that only Pepsi is sold on NCL, and I cannot remember what RCCL serve. 

• Like 2

Ugh.  I hate pepsi- seems to give me a headache.  I always purchase bottomless bubbles, and drink only caffeine-free diet coke.  Has anyone seen if caffeine-free diet pepsi is on the list of included products?  I am not on facebook, so I cannot pose the question there.  Otherwise - lots of club soda for me!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Doug R. said:

Pepsi is it on NCL and you are not allowed to bring any soda on board. Personally I smile at the kerfuffle over Coke vs Pepsi as I can and will drink both. Just thank your lucky starts that it isn't Royal Crown Cola they decided to replace Coke with.

I don't get it either, and I'm actually pretty happy to see them switch to Pepsi, just for the Bubly : )))

For those of that are staunchly Coke or Pepsi, how much soda do you drink? 1 - 12oz can a day? A 6 pack? I'm not judging. I just don't get the "firmly in one camp" mentality and I'd like to understand. I drink soda maybe once a week, could be less. I also can't imagine going on vacation and feeling I need a certain drink soo badly I'd have to bring it with me.

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

For those of that are staunchly Coke or Pepsi, how much soda do you drink? 1 - 12oz can a day? A 6 pack? I'm not judging. I just don't get the "firmly in one camp" mentality and I'd like to understand. I drink soda maybe once a week, could be less. I also can't imagine going on vacation and feeling I need a certain drink soo badly I'd have to bring it with me.

That is the way i feel 100%. You will never see me or my wife lugging on soda. When you see all the people that actually are willing to carry on soda, it's amazing. I witnessed this more so out of NOLA then any other port. Like they wont be able to drink anything but the soda they bring.  Some say its convenient to have in the room or whatever, but it still wouldnt be worth it for us. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, FSHLOT said:

That is the way i feel 100%. You will never see me or my wife lugging on soda. When you see all the people that actually are willing to carry on soda, it's amazing. I witnessed this more so out of NOLA then any other port. Like they wont be able to drink anything but the soda they bring.  Some say its convenient to have in the room or whatever, but it still wouldnt be worth it for us. 

In all the years I’ve been cruising, I have never carried any beverages on. But we usually fly, so I order beverages from the Fun Shops to be delivered to our cabin. With that said, we will be doing our first B2B in April, and driving down to Florida from our home in Buffalo,  so I do plan to carry on a 12 pack of Diet Coke, and my allotted number of bottles of wine. I’m really not looking forward to lugging it onboard, believe me, but hoping with FTTF, I can at least drop it all off in my cabin before heading to lunch. 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 9:25 AM, SailorMarg said:

The only thing my husband wants to know, what about the Dr. Pepper?!!

On 11/13/2019 at 9:47 AM, sanmarcosman said:

That's a Coke product. Maybe he can develop a taste for Mr. Pibb which is a Pepsi product. I've done it in a pinch and they both contain prune juice! 🙂 

On 11/13/2019 at 9:49 AM, Shantabulous said:

Mr. Pibb is a Coke brand

On 11/13/2019 at 9:54 AM, Joe817 said:

Dr. Pepper is a coke product?? Where did you hear that vicious rumor? THAT is fake news.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr_Pepper

On 11/13/2019 at 10:48 AM, crewsweeper said:

Dr. Pepper is owned by Snapple!  Now a part of Kuerig.  (hot pepper maybe). No connection with Coke or Pepsi.

From the Wiki link, it depends on your location who produces Dr. Pepper:

Manufacturer Keurig Dr Pepper (2008–present; United States only)
The Coca-Cola Company (Europe and South Korea only)
PepsiCo (Canada and Oceania only)

I've always known it as independent, but more associated with Pepsi products (since Coke has Mr. Pibb).

53 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

Jenny, I drink far more pop/soda than I should and have a strong preference for Diet Mountain Dew and Diet Dr. Pepper.  That said I am not so addicted to anything that I can't live a week (or even 2) without it. Maybe addicted to love ❤️ I won't sail without DH 😉 If I really want something fizzy I make do with whatever the ship has (sometimes adding lemon or lime).  

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

Um. . .staunchly coke products.  Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper to be exact (its a Coke product here).  I am an addict to shocking levels.  I do not drink anything else (except occasional alcohol drinks).  Hmmm. . . at least 12 cans a day, probably closer to 20 can a day.  Diet Pepsi makes me sick to my stomach after 2 sips.  I hate coffee and I will drink plain strong ice tea but you can't get that on the ships.  So yes, I really will stop cruising Carnival.  Even if I could carry on a 12 pack of Diet Coke, it would last me a day at most and then my trip would be ruined from caffiene withdrawal.  Yes.  Many will think it is stupid to a) drink that much soda and b) switch cruise lines because of soda.  But its that big of a deal to me.  Its a vacation.  I want to relax and enjoy myself.  That is not going to happen for me if I have soda stress.

Praying that they have Coke on the Panorama until 2020.

• Thanks 1

So excited I don't have to lug Mountain Dew on anymore!

For those who fly who want to bring coke on, pre arrange your car service. I always have the driver pick me up a couple 12 packs before they pick me up. 

Edited by CaneDawg

1 hour ago, JennyB1977 said:

Same. I drink maybe one soda a day, on average when I'm at home. But I never drink any when I'm on a cruise, because I'm find just drinking water or lemonade while on board.

15 minutes ago, Nevada Jen said:

Um. . .staunchly coke products.  Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper to be exact (its a Coke product here).  I am an addict to shocking levels.  I do not drink anything else (except occasional alcohol drinks).  Hmmm. . . at least 12 cans a day, probably closer to 20 can a day.  Diet Pepsi makes me sick to my stomach after 2 sips.  I hate coffee and I will drink plain strong ice tea but you can't get that on the ships.  So yes, I really will stop cruising Carnival.  Even if I could carry on a 12 pack of Diet Coke, it would last me a day at most and then my trip would be ruined from caffiene withdrawal.  Yes.  Many will think it is stupid to a) drink that much soda and b) switch cruise lines because of soda.  But its that big of a deal to me.  Its a vacation.  I want to relax and enjoy myself.  That is not going to happen for me if I have soda stress.

I really can't decide if this post is meant to be satirical or not.

On 11/13/2019 at 1:23 PM, cruisinagain1960 said:

You all realize the announcement says "Preferred", not "Exclusive", right?  I'm willing to bet there will be Coke in the bars for those who want a Rum & Coke or Crown & Coke.

And your bet would be wrong.  That is not how it works in the restaurant/bar business.  On the soda side of the house, they go Pepsi or Coke but not both.

Beers, wine and hard alcohol come from different distributors  and restaurant/bar businesses will play each of them against each other.

22 minutes ago, Nevada Jen said:

A possible option: brew hot tea (2 bags) and pour over ice.  I really don't care for either plain diet cola, but can make do with adding lemon or lime.  I'm guessing that won't work for you if it turns your stomach and isn't just a taste issue 😞 Have you tried any of the powdered energy drinks (Mio type concentrated liquid might work too)?  I was surprised how well they worked for me to not miss the carbonated drinks.  Hoping you can find something that works for you.