Coca Cola OUT, Pepsi Cola IN

LMaxwell

3 minutes ago, Garth2 said:

Dr. Pepper is a Coke product.

It has been posted numerous times in this thread, that it is, in fact not a Coke product.  It is its own product that both coke and pepsi bottlers bottle for them.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/14/2019 at 3:40 PM, Mutumbojimbo said:

I would expect that their contract with Coke runs through the end of the year and that Carnival will stock Coke products until 12/31/2019. My question would be what happens on cruises that run over the New Years holiday. Will those cruises start with Coke and switch over mid cruise?

No.

21 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Cancelling cruises because of a change in what soda brand is offered....obviously everyone’s choice, but amazing.

I've noticed the cutbacks over the last 8 years, call it the straw that broke the camels back.  I'm sure NCL or RCCL will want my business, Pepsi is basically New Coke.

2 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

I've noticed the cutbacks over the last 8 years, call it the straw that broke the camels back.  I'm sure NCL or RCCL will want my business, Pepsi is basically New Coke.

Options are a good thing, interesting choice of metaphors.  Cutback is possibly the most abused word on CC.  I am sure Carnival is not unique on this topic either, but the grass is always greener.  Enjoy your cruises....oh NCL uses Pepsi also.  

2 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Without stealing the thread, I see you have sailed on HAL. How was that?

On 11/19/2019 at 11:25 AM, Lottacruises said:

No.

I will let you know...as I will be on one of the NYE cruises.  I am assuming that since they stock they ship with the products beforehand, the ship will be carrying Coca Cola products until it returns.  

1 hour ago, jdoc2007 said:

I will let you know...as I will be on one of the NYE cruises.  I am assuming that since they stock they ship with the products beforehand, the ship will be carrying Coca Cola products until it returns.  

It won't be like a flip switching.  You may even see both side by side for a brief transitional period.

9 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Without stealing the thread, I see you have sailed on HAL. How was that?

First off, I'm joking around, I quit soda 3 years ago.  At the end I was down to occasional Barq's root beer, or Mexican Coke or Pepsi.  Cola flavored seltzer is my vice of the day.

HAL has excellent food, service, cabins, live music, and itineraries, better than Celebrity IMO.  We can also afford suites on reposition cruises, something that's always been out of reach, even on Carnival.  On the potential negative, you lose some of the fun ship activities, an older passenger base, and so-so theater performances.

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2019 at 4:14 PM, Lottacruises said:

Me too. The plus for me is mountain dew. The negative is no coke zero. I can carry some or none, I'll be ok for a week or even two without.

Pepsi Zero Sugar is a fine substitute for Coke Zero.

On 11/13/2019 at 9:03 PM, Tapi said:

We have our first Norwegian booked for February 2021. The fact that they serve Pepsi products AND you can’t bring your own soda is something that I’m dreading about that cruise. 

On 11/14/2019 at 1:51 PM, beerman2 said:

You will get Diet caffeine free Pepsi in Coke Zero's place.

Tapi......you can buy bottled Coke products in Miami from a vending machine after you pass through security and load up as much as you want at 1.25 per 20 oz bottle.

No, you'll get Pepsi Zero Sugar in Coke Zero's place.

On 11/14/2019 at 2:39 PM, JennyB1977 said:

For those of that are staunchly Coke or Pepsi, how much soda do you drink? 1 - 12oz can a day? A 6 pack? I'm not judging. I just don't get the "firmly in one camp" mentality and I'd like to understand. I drink soda maybe once a week, could be less. I also can't imagine going on vacation and feeling I need a certain drink soo badly I'd have to bring it with me.

There are people that drink a dozen cups of coffee each day at work, so why is it so hard to believe that someone else doesn't drink a dozen cans of Diet Coke each day?  See below for proof.

On 11/14/2019 at 3:46 PM, Nevada Jen said:

Um. . .staunchly coke products.  Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper to be exact (its a Coke product here).  I am an addict to shocking levels.  I do not drink anything else (except occasional alcohol drinks).  Hmmm. . . at least 12 cans a day, probably closer to 20 can a day.  Diet Pepsi makes me sick to my stomach after 2 sips.  I hate coffee and I will drink plain strong ice tea but you can't get that on the ships.  So yes, I really will stop cruising Carnival.  Even if I could carry on a 12 pack of Diet Coke, it would last me a day at most and then my trip would be ruined from caffiene withdrawal.  Yes.  Many will think it is stupid to a) drink that much soda and b) switch cruise lines because of soda.  But its that big of a deal to me.  Its a vacation.  I want to relax and enjoy myself.  That is not going to happen for me if I have soda stress.

Praying that they have Coke on the Panorama until 2020.

Since you don't like Diet Pepsi, have you ever tried Pepsi Zero Sugar?

On 11/14/2019 at 3:54 PM, bmc alabama said:

Wow.  This stinks.  Diet Pepsi is undrinkable...

Main reason we breeze past NCL.  Not happy about this at all...

Carry on your 12 pack per person and try to bring additional 12 packs on at your port stops, which Carnival used to allow, but I believe YMMV these days.

On 11/16/2019 at 8:11 AM, Organized Chaos said:

LOL I know, right. I shouldn't be surprised. I don't know why, but it just surprised me how fast it grew to 6 freakin' pages.

I obviously don't know what will happen, but I would like to think they'll keep some Coke on hand for bar use only. A drink recipe is still a recipe and should be followed. It's not what it is without the proper ingredients.

No Coke will be on board just like there is no Coke on NCL.  Exclusivity.

20 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Even though you're joking, just to let you know, NCL and MSC are Pepsi lines and Royal and Celebrity are Coke lines. 

Edited by SNJCruisers
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, FSHLOT said:

Umm, thats just your opinion...Pepsi is horrible!!

Not that it bothers me, but i can see why some people are disappointed, Coke is 10x better then Pepsi, imo.

I think this thread could go on forever needlessly, because people’s tastes are subjective, and varied. I personally love Coke, but not a fan of Pepsi, but drink Pepsi when not available. And I haven’t even had a full sugar soda in literally YEARS, drinking a Diet Coke maybe once a week. So, this news is not a make or break deal to me. I find it hard to believe anyone would switch cruise lines over this, but it’s importance to some may mean more to them than it does to me. I do wonder how you will make a rum and coke without the coke? Although that is not anything I drink, I’m just curious how it will change the drink? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I think this thread could go on forever needlessly, because people’s tastes are subjective, and varied. I personally love Coke, but not a fan of Pepsi, but drink Pepsi when not available. And I haven’t even had a full sugar soda in literally YEARS, drinking a Diet Coke maybe once a week. So, this news is not a make or break deal to me. I find it hard to believe anyone would switch cruise lines over this, but it’s importance to some may mean more to them than it does to me. I do wonder how you will make a rum and coke without the coke? Although that is not anything I drink, I’m just curious how it will change the drink? 

I agree, this whole thread is based on opinion, just like most threads are.  Rum and Pepsi just dont sound right...lol

1 hour ago, FSHLOT said:

I agree, this whole thread is based on opinion, just like most threads are.  Rum and Pepsi just dont sound right...lol

Pax should just say rum and cola then. LOL

That'll solve it!

Food and beverage taste are so subjective, but when taken to extremes "I'll never sail a cruise line" that goes a little overboard.

But to each their own!

31 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Your options are dwindling....

Surprisingly, this change wouldn’t impact my brand loyalty. Although Coca Cola is my preferred product over Pepsi, I don’t mind the occasional Pepsi alternative. It is still disappointing for me and lowers my perceived value.

I do, however, still have trouble adjusting to Pepsi products in the club lounges at former SPG legacy properties that are now Marriott.

At least Royal Caribbean has Coke products which I’m currently enjoying on the Independence of the Seas. Hopefully this change doesn’t find its way to Princess...

• Like 1