Coca Cola OUT, Pepsi Cola IN

LMaxwell

Not surprised at all the discussion of this.

Six years ago Cedar Fair Amusement Parks (owners of Cedar Point, Knotts Berry Farm, Carowinds, among others) changed to Coke after years of Pepsi exclusivity. The back and forth on amusement parks forums was just as strong then.

• Like 1

Diet Coke addict here.. 

I know you can carry on soda in cans but I hate the taste of anything out of an aluminum can.  Can anyone share if they've had any trouble carrying on the 16.9 or 20 oz plastic bottles.

I hate the thought of 13 days with out my Rum and Coke!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, shipstud said:

Diet Coke addict here.. 

I know you can carry on soda in cans but I hate the taste of anything out of an aluminum can.  Can anyone share if they've had any trouble carrying on the 16.9 or 20 oz plastic bottles.

Thanks!

Will not work, no plastic bottles, smugglers ruined that long ago

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, purplephenom said:

Cheers includes unlimited soda.  It's 15 alcoholic drinks.  

Think they were implying they needed coke and could not carry on enough for program, believe it was humor 

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 8:36 AM, jimbo5544 said:

Think they were implying they needed coke and could not carry on enough for program, believe it was humor 

Trust me, it wasn't humor. They should at least let us bring on more diet coke to have as mixers for our drinks with cheers.

On 11/20/2019 at 2:53 PM, Lottacruises said:

It won't be like a flip switching.  You may even see both side by side for a brief transitional period.

That would be my guess.  More likely one or more bars will just have the last of the coke product that are already in stock, while other bars will just have Pepsi products.  Once the bars that have the last of the Coke products run out, they will switch out to the Pepsi products

On 11/22/2019 at 6:00 AM, Organized Chaos said:

Carnival should host a modern-day Pepsi Challenge on all the ships. Winner gets the fleet. 😜

As a Pepsi drinker I remember that challenge.  I participated in several of them, I could always tell the difference.

On 11/22/2019 at 5:36 AM, shipstud said:

Diet Coke addict here.. 

Thanks!

We already had this discussion, but the conversation string got deleted. Multiple people answered your question then, and that answer hasn't changed, so I'm not sure why you're trying again.

You were drinking soda from an aluminum can in the past, but according to your other comments, you "tolerated" it because it was Coke. Well, you do have the option to tolerate it again by bringing on your own 12-pack of cans. You cannot bring plastic bottles of water or soda onboard.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 7:25 AM, pacruise804 said:

Did anyone else notice the Naked/Half Naked Drinks have neither an * or +?  Does this mean they will be available only a la carte like the specialty juices at MDR breakfast?  I'm guessing they const less than $20 each (Cheers cap).

From the post that was shared after that one by John to clarify the symbols, the items you listed in bold are not included in Bottomless Bubbles* or Cheers+. They have to be paid for.

Edited by rbennett1991
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jim and Monika said:

Probably not worth canceling a cruise, but just one more reason not to book one.

Not much difference between those two things, if you ask me. Either way you’re saying you don’t want to cruise a particular cruise line just because of the brand of soda they sell onboard. I’ve seen people say they refuse to cruise Carnival for all kinds of reasons, but this one takes the cake. 

I'm a big soda drinker. I’ll have 2-3 cans/day. But even so, on a cruise, I'm perfectly content with taking a single 12-pack and drinking lemonade most of the time.

• Like 2

I'm a diehard diet coke drinker. It doesn't affect my choice of restaurant but it does impact what I spend. For instance, we went to Applebees the other night for SIL's birthday. They serve Pepsi. I drank water. Revenue lost to them (I know they don't care, there are probably an equal number who drink Pepsi to compensate). But the fact that they don't have Coke products doesn't factor into whether or not I eat there, just my beverage consumption habits.

The same thing will happen with Carnival cruises... I'll still book them, and any other cruiseline that serves Pepsi... I'll just find alternate beverage choices (like buying the 12-pack of water as long as it's still available) instead of worrying about it.

• Like 3

As someone who stopped drinking soda decades ago, I'm amused and alarmed by this thread.  Since cola soda is basically made from acid and other chemicals, and is a contributing factor in ulcers, diabetes and other diseases, where is the personal responsibility of its drinkers?

Read the ingredients and then justify how you can ingest these chemicals in your stomach and gut.  Pour some on a painted surface and watch the acid eat through the coating.  There is absolutely no nutritional value in drinking these chemicals.

So many so passionate about their poison!

Edited by evandbob

3 minutes ago, evandbob said:

As someone who stopped drinking soda decades ago, I'm amused and alarmed by this thread.  Since cola soda is basically made from acid and other chemicals, and is a contributing factor in ulcers, diabetes and other diseases, where is the personal responsibility of its drinkers?

Read the ingredients and then justify how you can ingest these chemicals in your stomach and gut.  Pour some on a painted surface and watch the acid eat through the coating.  There is absolutely no nutritional value in drinking these chemicals.

So many so passionate about their poison!

I don't drink soda either but idea that the acid in soda causes ulcers was proved false years ago.  The stomach is more acidic than soda so no ulcers. 

• Like 2