Unintended Cunard Loyalty Benefit

Solent Richard

Having cruised with Cunard since 1990,  and been at Diamond level with the World Club for in excess of 10 years, one has always taken the benefits of the level at face value.

When perchance I spotted an itinerary that had a number of particularly  attractive new ports of call,  that Cunard were unlikely to feature in the near future, I made the decision to jump ship so as to speak.

I had been aware that MSC were offering a loyalty  'Status Match Programme' and with nothing to lose bar maybe 15 minutes online time I made an application for my wife and myself. Simply complete the online form and attach a photo of one's World Club Diamond Status.

Success was confirmed in less than 48 hours and we are now both registered at the pinnacle of MSC's loyalty pack...

103820103_VoyagersClubDiamondRedacted.thumb.jpg.6d7996fda20c8e98fd37050197cbfffd.jpg  

We are now booked for a 2020 cruise and I'm very much looking forward to comparing my recent 'Grills' experience onboard Queen Victoria with the 'Yacht Club' suite onboard MSC's Preziosa. 

• Like 5

You can match any cruise line or Hotel status  to the MSC loyalty match, it has been running for a few years now. However you must sail with MSC every 3 Years to keep your status. I believe it is a once only status match. I have never let mine lapse. The highest was Black card up until a few months ago when it was changed to Diamond . 

Edited by Pennbank

Just now, rolfecms said:

Thanks but not sure I understand. So the status match is once, but if you sail again within 3 years you'll still have the matched status?

Yes and it will increase to maximum of Diamond  . However don't sail within 3 years and you  lose the status completely and will have to start from scratch 

14 hours ago, Pennbank said:

You can match any cruise line or Hotel status  to the MSC loyalty match, it has been running for a few years now. However you must sail with MSC every 3 Years to keep your status. I believe it is a once only status match. I have never let mine lapse. The highest was Black card up until a few months ago when it was changed to Diamond . 

Well aren't I a lucky boy straight in at the top level.

Who knows, if the Yacht Club proves as good as reported elsewhere, there could be many cruises to follow.

Just now, Solent Richard said:

Well aren't I a lucky boy straight in at the top level.

Who knows, if the Yacht Club proves as good as reported elsewhere, there could be many cruises to follow.

Well Like you and many other 1st time passengers, who have loyalty  matched, I was lucky matching to Black Card status as it was then, the name having Just recently changed to “Diamond” and kept my status running. Lets hope you enjoy MSC also, reading forums MSC is not everyones cup of tea. 

Edited by Pennbank
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pennbank said:

Well Like you and many other 1st time passengers, who have loyalty  matched, I was lucky matching to Black Card status as it was then, the name having Just recently changed to “Diamond” and kept my status running. Lets hope you enjoy MSC also, reading forums MSC is not everyones cup of tea. 

So I have read.

But not all MSC cruisers are 'Budget' cruisers and they certainly aren't Cunarders.  😂😂