Everything Regal - Caribbean Sailings

jtjosh02

Now that the Regal is back in the Caribbean, we always look forward to see if anything new on the menus or patters (we are not on until the spring). Anyone who is on the upcoming sailings, can you post pictures of the menus and such?

I am excited to be on the Regal soon, and would love to know more about the bands and entertainment onboard.  I have heard that ICON has been playing as the main band.  I wonder if this will change.  Will the Beatlemaniacs be playing? 

I know that some are interested if there will be a Winemakers Table, or will it be changed to the new thing at Sabatini's.  The cost of this and the Chef's table sounds like it might have gone up.

If you have the Medallion app on your phone and go to the "Journey View" page, you can "Plan Activities".  When you click there, you will see what is pretty much the Patter for your cruise, hour by hour, day by day, and you can bookmark the events that interest you.  It won't be fully populated, but it is pretty thorough.  For example, for my upcoming cruise in December, it already lists the following musical acts:

• Janusz Bato
  • Vivace String Duo
  • Icon
  • Vivian Williams
  • Michelle Jolly
  • DJ Alpha
  • Regal Trio

Trivia dates and times are listed, as are bingo games, paper airplane contests, Princess Live Game Shows such as "Yes or No" or "Marriage Game".  I would suggest that this is the best source for finding out about your specific cruise.

• Like 2

Thanks JimmyWine and Itchy.  I think you both might be onboard we are.  It sounds like ICON will be the band.  (I was hoping for a different one, but maybe ICON is really good!).  I don't know about all the music entertainment.   And, I am hoping to see those menus and foodie photos!!! Not sure they will come in before we leave, though.

19 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

We'll be on Regal in less than 2 weeks. I'll take pics of menus and possibly food. 🙂

I would really appreciate menus so we can plan which night to do our specialty dining. Have a great cruise!

Edited by BballinQT24
  • Like 2

Thank you to the OP-- I would also love to see the daily patters (and know which night will be formal night) and also JimmyVWine for clueing me in about the app!  We're cruising with the grandparents and hoping to enlist them for babysitting our kids on formal night. 🙂  I'm guessing it will be NYE, but want to be sure.

If you are on the Regal Western Caribbean, then yes, the first day at sea is NYE, so I think you can be sure on that.  

From what I understand the second formal night is often on Cozumel, because the sea day is on the very last night when everyone has to finish packing and getting ready to disembark the next morning.

On 11/13/2019 at 3:44 PM, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

I know that some are interested if there will be a Winemakers Table, or will it be changed to the new thing at Sabatini's.

WM Dinner is on Royal Class ships.  Some other ships might have a special wine-themed dinner where they sell seats in a venue like Sabatini's, but it isn't technically a WM Dinner.  In my recent past experience, the WM D on Regal was $45 and a special dinner with selected wines held in Sabi's was $60 (it was held on a longer cruise).

On 11/15/2019 at 11:34 AM, Clampram said:

For those folks sailing soon on the Regal, would you please post if you find out which nite is the Bavarian buffett?

Thank you!

We are currently on the Regal, the Bavarian Dinner is listed in the Patter for this evening from 5:30-9:30 (Weds/Ocho Rios).

1 minute ago, minniem said:

What is the Bavarian Dinner? Is there a cost? Does anyone know if there will be dancing in any of the venues? We will be on in a couple of weeks.

Bavarian  Buffet is an awesome collection of Bavarian food at the HC on one day of the cruise

1 hour ago, minniem said:

What is the Bavarian Dinner? Is there a cost? Does anyone know if there will be dancing in any of the venues? We will be on in a couple of weeks.

Bavarian dinner is basically just a Bavarian themed buffet. Schnitzels, cabbage, kielbasa, and so forth.   

Yes, there's dancing in Club 6, Wheelhouse, Atrium, etc. 

1 hour ago, TakeMeAway1001 said:

We are currently on the Regal, the Bavarian Dinner is listed in the Patter for this evening from 5:30-9:30 (Weds/Ocho Rios).

We will be on the Regal at the end of January with a similar itinerary.  I am curious to know which day the Crab Shack is available.  Is it today or a different day?  TIA!

9 hours ago, rngrgh2009 said:

We will be on the Regal at the end of January with a similar itinerary.  I am curious to know which day the Crab Shack is available.  Is it today or a different day?  TIA!

We just got back from trying the Bavarian fare, they were actually having the Crab Shack going on as well. There was a separate area and a table explaining the fee, it was late for us so we skipped it. 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 11:48 AM, reedprincess said:

Bavarian dinner is basically just a Bavarian themed buffet. Schnitzels, cabbage, kielbasa, and so forth.   

Yes, there's dancing in Club 6, Wheelhouse, Atrium, etc. 

The Bavarian Dinner at the buffet on the Royal includes a whole roast suckling pig, bavarian obatzda (beer and cheese dip), smoked beets, homemage red cabbage, linzer torte, schwarwalder kirchse torte and many other very Bavarian specialities. It is absolutely awesome.

• Like 1