Breakaway reviews—accurate??

Aeryn

2 minutes ago, Aeryn said:

Our final payment for March cruise is due soon.  Reviews are mixed to say the least, and I’m nervous.  Should I be?  Thanks!

I am sure the thousands of people have sailed and had no problem. The few negative reviews you see are probably from people that can't be pleased no matter what you do. I have seen negative reviews posted because they didn't like the weather, as if that is the cruise company's fault. Go, have a good time and formulate your own opinion. 🙂

• Like 2

We sailed on an 11 day cruise this spring on the Breakaway.  Had a great time and cruise.  

I remember a few years ago sailing on a Disney cruise.  A guy in the elevator was complaining and grumbling about all the kids.  I'm thinking,  why on earth did you chose a Disney cruise????

Edited by davencl

I was on the Breakaway this past September and had a great time.  Was everything perfect?  No, but then I've never been on a cruise where everything is perfect.  At times the service was slow in the dining rooms and lounges but that really was a small issue.  The entertainment on the Breakaway was excellent and our room steward did a great job for us and always came through with our requests.  Most of the issues I have are the fault of NCL with the cutbacks they continue to push onto passengers and this is fleet wide.  I think it's ridiculous that you have to request an ice bucket and ice for your room from the steward.  I'm giving up on NCL after my Epic cruise in January and will be using other cruise lines in the future.  Just my two cents.

If people depended on the cruiseline forums, they'd NEVER cruise due to all the whining and complaining. 

I find the Port forums much more useful.  People who post there are looking for ways to get the most out of their cruise, rather than finding something else to whine about. 

I was on the EPIC in Sept.  If I listened to all the negative comments on this forum, I'd have cancelled the trip!  We had a fantastic time!  Enjoyed EVERYTHING about the cruise and the ship.  Go with the mindset that you''re going to have a great time!

Edited by mapleleaves
  • Like 3

I have stopped reading reviews almost completely and just read the boards for tips on my ship.  People are more likely to post a review if they had a bad time than a good one.  

Go click on just about any ship and the first page will be mostly 3 star and below reviews.  

• Like 3

Sailed n Breakaway in June this year, first NCL cruise. Loved it! Was it perfect, no but did anything spoil my fun, no!

Never had a bad cruise and never will as it is down to you to make the most of it!

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade etc., etc.,

Enjoy.

I’m on the Getaway in 1st Dec and there are some vicious reviews! I put it down to being a TA with lots of new staff and by the time I get on it they will have learned the ropes! 😂

• Like 1

But, when you think about it, aren't most reviews (regardless of ship) mixed?  We're thinking about trying MSC Seaside in February and talk about mixed reviews!!  I'll admit, it has me a little nervous but then I remind myself that the reviews (good and bad) represent a very small sample of people who actually sail and then report out.

Have been on Breakaway twice and loved both times.  I think you'll have a blast!

My two cruises on the Breakaway in the past two years were excellent.  I really enjoyed them.  I did not post reviews to Cruise Critic.  Had I disliked the cruises, I probably would have posted unfavorable reviews.  It's just human nature.  Thousands sail on the Breakaway every week and only a tiny percentage ever post a review.