Ocean Medallion Questions - Part 2

LauraS

• Administrators

Hi Everyone!

Please use this new topic to ask and answer all questions regarding Princess' Ocean Medallion products, apps and functionality.

For a resource purposes:

Princess Cruises' OceanMedallion Transforms Cruising ~ Sponsored by Princess Cruises

*Link to:  Ocean Medallion Question Thread - Part 1

*Link to: Ocean Ready Questions/Answers

The discussions were getting long, plus many of the earlier issues are no longer, well, issues!

*The above two topics are closed

Laura

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Here's a quick question.   I received my medallion for the Sky Princess which I am booked on for three back to back cruises.

My Medallion's show no end date, just the start date of cruise December 1 2019.  Is this correct ?

2 hours ago, hbrote said:

Here's a quick question.   I received my medallion for the Sky Princess which I am booked on for three back to back cruises.

My Medallion's show no end date, just the start date of cruise December 1 2019.  Is this correct ?

The Medallions have the Embarkation date of your cruise on it only.

Edited by Host CJSKIDS
  • Like 1

I am the techy in our family & that isn't saying much. I downloaded the medallion app to my phone only for our last cruise & managed everything for DH & myself. For our next medallion cruise, if I add the app to his phone will I still be able to manage his acct & mine from my phone? Hope I'm making sense, & thank you for info & input.

• Like 1

1-1/4 inches diameter. About 1/8 thick.

Has any one other than me noticed there are magnets inside of them.

Put one just near the other and they interact.

If you have a charge card that can be erased by a magnet.

Be very careful you do not put it with the Medallion.

• Like 2

We received our medallions today.  I put them in the lanyard but the clear holder on one doesn't seem to shut all the way.  Other one locked right into place.   Anyone experience this yet? I doubt it would fall out because it's kind of hard to click it open and has a latch type on top of the clear holder, but knowing my luck......

Edited by nycruiser2006

Ok, so I downloaded app on my iPhone and entered all the info for my husband and I.  After a few hiccups all is well.  Here are my questions:  1.  can both of us be checked in using my phone?  2.  If my husband wants to locate me or order a drink, must he have the app on his phone and, if yes, will all previous info have to be reentered onto his phone?  Thank you all.

• Like 3

How does the length of time to download the correct app and get everything loaded at home compare to just printing out your cruise documents and showing up at the pier?

How does the check in time at the pier with a medallion compare to checking in with a paper document?

If there is a time savings with a medallion or paper document, what percentage of the total cruise length is saved?

What is the rush to get on board?  Food?  Alcohol?  

35 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

If there is a time savings with a medallion or paper document, what percentage of the total cruise length is saved?

I can't give you percentage. Our cruise out of Quebec last month is our only medallion cruise. Once we cleared security the checkin was much faster.  Platinums have priority boarding so that may also factor in. We showed our medallion & were allowed onboard immediately. No waiting in line to go to the ck in counter like past cruises. If we have to wait for cabin to be ready I'd rather wait onboard over lunch than in the terminal in line or sitting in a metal chair. I personally like the medallion, & I'm far from being a techy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

How does the length of time to download the correct app and get everything loaded at home compare to just printing out your cruise documents and showing up at the pier?

First time about the same, second time took seconds from time of final payment being made

How does the check in time at the pier with a medallion compare to checking in with a paper document?

Last time had to stop to get medallion, 5 mins tops, walked on board at 11 am.

It seemed that times to get off at ports was quicker

The feeling that vacation has truly started, some of us aren't quite as jaded as others.

My responses underlined above. What no jibes about the barrel chairs?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Has any one other than me noticed there are magnets inside of them.

Put one just near the other and they interact.

If you have a charge card that can be erased by a magnet.

Can't magnets also mess with the innards of cell phones?  (Not sure -- something I'm recalling from a while back.)

On 11/14/2019 at 11:41 AM, 1965 said:

I am the techy in our family & that isn't saying much. I downloaded the medallion app to my phone only for our last cruise & managed everything for DH & myself. For our next medallion cruise, if I add the app to his phone will I still be able to manage his acct & mine from my phone? Hope I'm making sense, & thank you for info & input.

Yes you can access both account from one device.  Just log out and then log in as spouse.  Can be a bit of a pain but doable,

Not you need to download ocean compass too.  Thought the new medallion app would encompass all the old apps but nope.  If you try to access ocean compass (finding friends spouce etc on board) with new app they then open the old ocean compass app.   

Currently on caribbean princess

• Like 2

My wife and I are booked for the Princess Sky   January 18 2020 , It  is about 63 days out and I have done the pre - Check in on the Princess Web site under Checking in with our booking Number, Contact info, Passport info ect. It then says to download the Medallion App  for I-phone or Android,   I proceeded to download the app to my Galaxy 8 plus and it did load. However it will not take my Booking conformation number to pair the  info?  What else should i be doing to pair the cruise to my app on the phone. Or , Are we to far out from the Cruise to have the app up running ?   Please advise someone and Thanks .   

23 hours ago, nycruiser2006 said:

We received our medallions today.  I put them in the lanyard but the clear holder on one doesn't seem to shut all the way.  Other one locked right into place.   Anyone experience this yet? I doubt it would fall out because it's kind of hard to click it open and has a latch type on top of the clear holder, but knowing my luck......

Set the bottom of it inside of the front one and press the top and then the bottom into place. It will snap together.

1 hour ago, Fmitchy said:

My wife and I are booked for the Princess Sky   January 18 2020 , It  is about 63 days out and I have done the pre - Check in on the Princess Web site under Checking in with our booking Number, Contact info, Passport info ect. It then says to download the Medallion App  for I-phone or Android,   I proceeded to download the app to my Galaxy 8 plus and it did load. However it will not take my Booking conformation number to pair the  info?  What else should i be doing to pair the cruise to my app on the phone. Or , Are we to far out from the Cruise to have the app up running ?   Please advise someone and Thanks .   

We are on this cruise also and I read on the Princess personalizer page you needed to be 50-60 days out from your cruise, to load the app to your phone for it to take your information. Hope this is correct and there isn't a problem with the app. 

1 hour ago, Loverofdogs said:

We are on this cruise also and I read on the Princess personalizer page you needed to be 50-60 days out from your cruise, to load the app to your phone for it to take your information. Hope this is correct and there isn't a problem with the app. 

I am 120 days out and when I paid off my cruise everything loaded and green lighted.

• Like 2

We just downloaded the medallion app(this morning) and could not scan our passports and it would not take my order for the medallion. Took my husbands order for his medallion though.   We just went back onto the site, after our first attempt 3 hours ago, and it took our passports and had my medallion ordered.   We are all green and now just have to wait for January to get here!!!!!  How far out our folks receiving their medallions, from their cruise dates??

18 hours ago, Loverofdogs said:

We just downloaded the medallion app(this morning) and could not scan our passports and it would not take my order for the medallion. Took my husbands order for his medallion though.   We just went back onto the site, after our first attempt 3 hours ago, and it took our passports and had my medallion ordered.   We are all green and now just have to wait for January to get here!!!!!  How far out our folks receiving their medallions, from their cruise dates??

When I ordered the medallion for our March 16, 2020 Ocean Medallion app showed March 5th as the shipping date.

• Like 1