Ocean Medallion Questions - Part 2

LauraS

21 hours ago, Loverofdogs said:

We just downloaded the medallion app(this morning) and could not scan our passports and it would not take my order for the medallion. Took my husbands order for his medallion though.   We just went back onto the site, after our first attempt 3 hours ago, and it took our passports and had my medallion ordered.   We are all green and now just have to wait for January to get here!!!!!  How far out our folks receiving their medallions, from their cruise dates??

I cruise on the Regal on December 1 and received my medallions November 13. They shipped from Miami and I live in Florida so mine likely arrived a day or two sooner than other parts of the country. It seems you roughly receive them around 15 days prior to sailing.

On 11/15/2019 at 10:26 AM, ecs66 said:

Can't magnets also mess with the innards of cell phones?  (Not sure -- something I'm recalling from a while back.)

Not sure. maybe someone can answer that. i do know that if you have a charge card that uses a magnetic strip. It can erase it. More than once (Dumb me) when I purchased the refrigerator ships picture magnet and put it in my pocket. The room key no longer worked and needed to get another one. They asked me if I had it next to any thing magnetic.

11 hours ago, BIGADORF said:

Why does the Ocean Ready app link only 2 of the 3 cruises I am booked on in the future? When I enter the booking number it says incorrect information. I have checked the booking number of the missing cruise and it is correct.

Could it be that one cruise is too far out?  It won't read our B2B cruises in 2021 either.  I suspect it's a calendar thing.

We're on the Sky.  Some people before the cruise said they didn't want the medallion and would just use a cruise card.  There is no slot for a card since the ship was built for medallion.  Ring around the handle changes color to show locked or unlocked.

IMG_20191119_084838325.jpg

Our Medallions shipped today for our 12/10 embarkation.  We previously had green circles on all six Ocean Ready tasks.  I noticed the Travel Documents circle now has an orange exclamation mark.  When I go into it I see all our passport information as well as a check mark on the bottom.  The only thing I notice is a message on the top reminding us to bring our travel documents to the port.  I wonder if they added this because some people did not bring their passport figuring it was already in the app?  Has anyone else noticed this?

We're sailing 11/30 and got our medallions this week.  Everything was green before, but now we also have the orange exclamation marks on Travel Documents even though everything is in the app and online says everything is completed.  It would seem they are still sorting through the software issues.  I hope this does not negate the medallion check-in time advantage.

We are sailing on Royal 11/30, completed ocean ready 11/9, ocean medallions shipped 11/11 directly from Singapore, got hung up in customs for a day with FedEx and arrived to me 11/14. The lady I spoke with on the Princess Chat said they start shipping the medallions 22 days out from sailing.   

16 hours ago, teesquaretx said:

We're on the Sky.  Some people before the cruise said they didn't want the medallion and would just use a cruise card.  There is no slot for a card since the ship was built for medallion.  Ring around the handle changes color to show locked or unlocked.

IMG_20191119_084838325.jpg

Do you still have the wall mounted tablet outside the door? If so, you would put the card against the tablet. That's what happens as ships are converted to medallion.

Ugh!!!!  We did the medallion app last weekend and took several times for it to gather all information.  It kept saying my husband's profile incomplete. Now today it is like we never did anything. Can't sign in with booking number ( doesn't recognize that information) or our email and won't take password.  Worse experience ever!!!!!! Now have to call princess and hope I am not on hold forever!!!

I would wait a bit and then try again, I had a few occasions when the app was not working correctly or could not load, it signed me out on two occasions and I would have to sign back in but everything stayed for our ocean ready status. 

3 hours ago, Matco said:

I would wait a bit and then try again, I had a few occasions when the app was not working correctly or could not load, it signed me out on two occasions and I would have to sign back in but everything stayed for our ocean ready status. 

Thanks!!  I will try tomorrow 🙂

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:47 PM, twodaywonder said:

1-1/4 inches diameter. About 1/8 thick.

Has any one other than me noticed there are magnets inside of them.

Put one just near the other and they interact.

If you have a charge card that can be erased by a magnet.

Be very careful you do not put it with the Medallion.

I saw a caution before about having the medallion close to a pacemaker because of the magnets.

• Like 1

Just now, Daniel A said:

I saw a caution before about having the medallion close to a pacemaker because of the magnets.

I would think they would put that in BIG letters with it as a warning about the magnets. Personally I do not know how strong a magnet would need to be to mess with a pace maker. 

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:03 PM, BIGADORF said:

Why does the Ocean Ready app link only 2 of the 3 cruises I am booked on in the future? When I enter the booking number it says incorrect information. I have checked the booking number of the missing cruise and it is correct.

Are all of the cruises Medallion Class cruises?

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:31 AM, railman said:

Our Medallions shipped today for our 12/10 embarkation.  We previously had green circles on all six Ocean Ready tasks.  I noticed the Travel Documents circle now has an orange exclamation mark.  When I go into it I see all our passport information as well as a check mark on the bottom.  The only thing I notice is a message on the top reminding us to bring our travel documents to the port.  I wonder if they added this because some people did not bring their passport figuring it was already in the app?  Has anyone else noticed this?

Did you manually enter your travel documents or did you scan them or upload a photo?

32 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Are all of the cruises Medallion Class cruises?

Find cruises on ships with MedallionNet available:  Caribbean Princess® | Coral Princess® | Crown Princess® | Emerald Princess® | Island Princess® | Regal Princess® | Royal Princess® | Ruby Princess®Sky Princess®

Coming soon to:  Grand Princess® (Dec 3, 2019), Diamond Princess® (Mar 15, 2020), Majestic Princess® (Apr 18, 2020), Star Princess® (Jun 12, 2020), Enchanted Princess® (Jun 15, 2020), Sapphire Princess® (Jul 27, 2020), and Discovery Princess℠ (Nov 3, 2021)

On 11/20/2019 at 12:50 PM, Rebels82 said:

I am Platinum but received a Ruby medallion. How do I change it? Thanks.

At the Pier or they can make a new one at the desk onboard. My wife got a Platinum one, after a couple of days I asked a bartender what level it showed her as, it was Elite, so, we got her a new one onboard. The can make new ones in case you lose yours.