Ocean Medallion Questions - Part 2

LauraS

I agree RocketMan275;  people want some excuse to not try something new. I say if it bugs you that much about security or someone spying on you stay home.  Have fun out there.

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I agree RocketMan275;  people want some excuse to not try something new. I say if it bugs you that much about security or someone spying on you stay home.  Have fun out there.

Agree. Paranoia is spreading faster than any virus. 

I'm not living in fear of viruses and will certainly continue to cruise, but isn't it a little odd that this so-called Corona Virus seems to pop up in areas with intensive 60 Ghz wifi coverage.

Ocean Medallion is one of the devices using 60 Ghz (5G).

39 minutes ago, Fred&Lily said:

I'm not living in fear of viruses and will certainly continue to cruise, but isn't it a little odd that this so-called Corona Virus seems to pop up in areas with intensive 60 Ghz wifi coverage.

Do you really mean that????  :classic_wacko:

2 hours ago, Fred&Lily said:

This is an odd thing to say, are you trying to imply something?

2 hours ago, Fred&Lily said:

Where did you hear that the OM uses 60 GHz (5G)? I know it uses BLE & NFC - I"ve never heard that it uses 60GHz (5G).

17 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

This is an odd thing to say, are you trying to imply something?

Where did you hear that the OM uses 60 GHz (5G)? I know it uses BLE & NFC - I"ve never heard that it uses 60GHz (5G).

It doesn't. It only uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) & Near Field Communication (NFC). Period.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fred&Lily said:

Ok, we have reached the ridiculous now since we have now stooped into cite unfounded conspiracy theories to discredit the medallion. Just don't use it if you are that frightened by fairy tales and the boogie man.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Fred&Lily said:

WHAT??!!

11 hours ago, Doug R. said:

Ok, we have reached the ridiculous now since we have now stooped into cite unfounded conspiracy theories to discredit the medallion. Just don't use it if you are that frightened by fairy tales and the boogie man.

I know that your also on the March 16th sailing on the Crown. Did they send you the offer to cancel that trip if you wanted to cut your cruise short? 

We continue to implement increased monitoring, screening and sanitation protocols to protect the health of our guests, crew and the residents of the destinations we serve. Our measures are designed to be flexible to adapt to changing conditions and recommended best practices. For your reference, you can read our Guest Travel Advisory.

Nevertheless, we know you have questions about your upcoming cruise. Princess would like to share some policy updates that provide options and flexibility should you want to reschedule your currently booked vacation that sails between now and May 31, 2020.

• Sailings departing between March 9 and April 3*: booked guests can cancel up to 3 days prior to departure, receive a Future Cruise Credit for 100% of the cancellation fee amount, and move your booking to any voyage that departs by December 31, 2021.
  • Sailings departing between April 4 and May 31*: booked guests can cancel by March 31, 2020, receive a Future Cruise Credit for 100% of the cancellation fee amount, and move your booking to any voyage that departs by December 31, 2021.

*Date of departure is from the start date of your cruise or cruisetour, whichever is earlier.

If you choose to keep your booking as currently scheduled for departures between March 9 and May 31, you will receive the following Onboard Credit amounts:

• $100 USD/ $150 AUD per cabin for 3 and 4 day cruises
  • $150 USD / $225 AUD per cabin for 5 day cruises
  • $200 USD / $300 AUD per cabin for 6 day and longer cruises

4 hours ago, Doug R. said:

Yes I did.

We cancelled also. No use in tempting fate especially when we were on a 3 week cruise only w few weeks ago.

The only thing positive about it is that I've been an a diet losing the weight I recently gained on the Regal. I might as well continue on the diet & get ready for all those deals that'll be coming along for the fall season when all this virus activity will be over. 

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

We cancelled also. No use in tempting fate especially when we were on a 3 week cruise only w few weeks ago.

The only thing positive about it is that I've been an a diet losing the weight I recently gained on the Regal. I might as well continue on the diet & get ready for all those deals that'll be coming along for the fall season when all this virus activity will be over. 

My answer wasn't clear. I got the email, but we have not cancelled yet. Will evaluate next week.

11 hours ago, Doug R. said:

My answer wasn't clear. I got the email, but we have not cancelled yet. Will evaluate next week.

We'll since you're already on the ship I might view things differently if it were me.

Good luck.

Do you notice so far that people are being a little more cautious than usual?