Ocean Medallion Questions - Part 2

LauraS

17 hours ago, MissP22 said:

It seems to rely on the magnet of the medallion to stay on which isn't all that strong.

You are correct and not correct. They do rely on the magnets, but there are there are4 in the medallion. The metal used in the holder is made to adhere the those magnets. We both shook it and it never came out. It does work well. I understand even the Princess one for like $45.00 does the same.

18 hours ago, trbarton said:

Do you know what company they got them from & how much?

Thanks!

Tom😎

They range from $9.95 to $19.95  Looks like about 6 or 7 different ones. Do not know the company name. Just Google Princess Medallion Holder. There are several pictures of a woman with them on her. Just click on any one. They all are Free shipping and come with a sterling necklace. They have a pin on one also.

I have a cancelled November cruise that still listed in the Medallion app. I also have a cruise that’s not listed but when I add my booking number it says that it’s already loaded. 

Anyone had any of these problems & if so what did you do?

Thanks!

Tom😎

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I’m trying to add a booking for February 2022 but when I add my booking number it says that my booking doesn’t exist. Am I too early?

Tom🤔

I read on another topic of someone having Medallion and Ocean Ready problems.  They called Princess and were told to log out, and then log back in.  It worked.  I hope this helps.  Let us know.

50 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

I read on another topic of someone having Medallion and Ocean Ready problems.  They called Princess and were told to log out, and then log back in.  It worked.  I hope this helps.  Let us know.

If I sign on with my Hawaii December 2021 cruise no problem. Now I try to sign on with my February 2022 New Zealand cruise using my conformation number I get a message “Your information does not match our records”. I’ll see what Princess says & let everyone know. 

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Medallion app loaded & it still shows my cancelled cruise next month. Anyone experienced this?

I’ve heard with the Medallion App you can select the time you want to board. How does this work & since I have several cruises booked how can I change from one cruise to another on the app?

22 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’ve heard with the Medallion App you can select the time you want to board. How does this work & since I have several cruises booked how can I change from one cruise to another on the app?

I don’t think it’s true. Because everyone will select early as possible.

Tony

2 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Tony

What about my cancelled cruise still showing on the app?

On one of the YouTube travel channels they talked about picking the time you wanted to check in. 

Anyone that has used the Medallion could you board anytime you wanted or were you locked into a specific time to board?

On 11/8/2020 at 11:25 PM, trbarton said:

I have the Medallion app loaded & it still shows my cancelled cruise next month. Anyone experienced this?

On 11/9/2020 at 10:30 PM, Lucky TGO said:

Tony

On 11/10/2020 at 1:09 AM, trbarton said:

What about my cancelled cruise still showing on the app?

On one of the YouTube travel channels they talked about picking the time you wanted to check in. 

Anyone that has used the Medallion could you board anytime you wanted or were you locked into a specific time to board?

I would think if passengers can select their preferred timeslots, then once the early ones are filled, only others will be available - and so forth.  Likely the final slot of the day will be the last one open.

My concern about arbitrary times being enforced (for an example, refer to the Princess suggested check-in times we all receive and has been frequently posted in this forum to ignore if so choose), is that those who are arbitrarily selected for the earliest check-ins are going to be the only ones to be able to get Sanctuary and special dinner reservations.  One would hope Elites and such can check-in anytime or have first crack at the timeslots.  I also imagine those who book Suites will want special accommodation.  It remains to be seen how this will really work in reality.

Some terminals have more capacity than others.  And it depends on size of ship being loaded.  It may not be too bad at first since no way is any ship sailing fully loaded for the immediate future.

• 3 weeks later...

Just downloaded the app and was able to link my September 2021 booking fine but it shows my captains circle level as blue when I’m actually gold. The website has it right but the app doesn’t. Is there a way to change this so it is correct? Is this a common problem?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, shel003 said:

Just downloaded the app and was able to link my September 2021 booking fine but it shows my captains circle level as blue when I’m actually gold. The website has it right but the app doesn’t. Is there a way to change this so it is correct? Is this a common problem?  Thanks.

The same thing happened to me.  It showed my level as blue and I’m black. So I call Princess and they changed it. No big deal. 
Tony

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/13/2019 at 8:08 AM, LauraS said:

Hi Everyone!

Please use this new topic to ask and answer all questions regarding Princess' Ocean Medallion products, apps and functionality.

For a resource purposes:

Princess Cruises' OceanMedallion Transforms Cruising ~ Sponsored by Princess Cruises

*Link to:  Ocean Medallion Question Thread - Part 1

*Link to: Ocean Ready Questions/Answers

The discussions were getting long, plus many of the earlier issues are no longer, well, issues!

*The above two topics are closed

Laura

Laura,

Do you know why when I click on “Follow Topic” I never get any messages when someone makes a post. I’m aware that other people have had the same problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Tom😀

Tom,  I can help you with your question.  When you log into Cruise Critic; go to upper right corner of page where your user name is located.  Click on your user name then half way down you will see the manage followed content.  Click on that and you should be able to set up the follow content for all the threads.  There is a little down arrow that says filter.  Cheers

Edited by AF-1

So, we have been watching the videos about OM.  The feature we find most intriguing is the ability to order stuff anywhere in the ship.  A few questions:

• Does it really mean anywhere?  If we are sitting in a chair on the Promenade?
  • Can we order any kind of drink?  Coffee, expresso, margarita?
  • Can we order food from the room service menu or is there a separate menu?
  • Do we tip the runner/wait person who brings it?
  • Have there been any problems or glitches using this service?

Barry ATL;   yes technically you can order something from anywhere on the ship.  If you order a drink it already has the tip built into the price.  I have used the medallion to order drinks by the pool and drinks from a bar.  Both times it worked very well.  The waiter or waitress has a picture of you on their ipad and that is how they find you with your order.  If you are sitting on the promenade the app will try and locate the nearest bar to where you are sitting.  I used it once to order room service and it worked fine.  I actually ordered breakfast the night before and it was delivered on time to our cabin

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Barry ATL said:

Do we tip the runner/wait person who brings it?

As AF-1 says, the tip is already included in the price. Each alcoholic drink you order has an 18% gratuity automagically added to the price.

• @Ken-ATLand I love to find out of the way, quiet areas of a ship and camp for an hour or two.  Being able to order a drink or a snack is a huge benefit.  Will the drink package work with delivery???  One way or the other, we will always cash tip the wait person because that is how we roll.
  • Like 1

I have downloaded the medallion app for my cruise on the island in September but every time I try to fill out the information to be ocean ready it says there was an error. Do I have to wait for a certain time period before my cruise before I can fill this out? My cruise personalizer says this will be a medallion class cruise but I also know that the island princess isn’t completely medallion class ready yet. Could this be why I can’t get ocean ready in the app yet?

shel003;  the medallion app can get buggy.  I have filled out everything in the app and it worked;  another time I filled it out and it didn't.  My current estimate is 60-90 days prior.  Some people will say you can't fill in the app until after final pmt.  However, others say they have filled it out and it worked prior to final pmt.  So my current answer to you;  wait until this summer; like May-Jun and try again.