Ocean Medallion Questions - Part 2

LauraS

Guest zafra63
On 1/31/2021 at 7:18 PM, zafra63 said:

Where did the word “ delete” come from. Was not in my original post. I am still very interested in this topic. Thanks

No problem anymore, have created a profile on the phone for my husband. No longer need to follow this topic. Thanks and Happy cruising for you all.

• 3 weeks later...

Our next cruise will be our 1st as elite. I plan to exchange our mini bar for the coffee pkgs. which will be loaded onto my DH & my medallions. Once I've used the 15 specialty coffee "punches" on my medallion will the baristas  allow me to use my DH's medallion to get his specialty coffees? He is not a coffee drinker. Thanks for any info.

Sharing is not the problem. From the terms and conditions

"...Pre-purchased specialty coffees may be shared,...". My thought would be to use your husband's allotment first, any time he is around, saving yours for when you are alone.

If you show up alone with your husband's medallion the photo on the server's screen will not be you and it will depend on the server.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skynight said:

"...Pre-purchased specialty coffees may be shared,...". My thought would be to use your husband's allotment first, any time he is around, saving yours for when you are alone.

If you show up alone with your husband's medallion the photo on the server's screen will not be you and it will depend on the server.  

Great idea. Hadn't thought of that. Thanks. 😊

6 hours ago, skynight said:

That is where this issue gets vague.  It is not really a "Pre-purchased specialty" coffee.  It is an exchange for a perk for the whole cabin.  So everyone should be able to share in the perk, no questions asked.  That being said,  if it does come down to the server, I have found that they never say no, so unless you p!ss someone off  It should not be a problem.  🙂  That is the key, be nice, don't be rude, and you are all set.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.3c2414dffbbe2709f08bef8a437db981.png

Yes, we are booked on the first Regal Princess UK vaccinated only cruise in July 2021 (126 days to go) and thought we would check out the setup on MedallionClass. Both of us are also getting "Could not start OceanReady" for our Android phones and IPad.  Wondering if they are re-vamping it for the new health protocols?  Can @AskOceanMedallion advise?

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

For months I’ve be able to view all of my future cruises on the MedallionClass app (Apple) however when selecting the Get OceanReady option it states “Could not start OceanReady”.

I called the Ocean Navigators help line & he stated there’s a major update being created which is expected to be completed in the next couple of weeks. I asked if the App Store update would fix the problems or if I’d have to uninstall & reinstall the app but he didn’t know an answer. I’ll check in a month from now for our first scheduled cruise in October 2021.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

My June 22 cruise just got switched from the Crown to the Emerald Princess. Does the Emerald have Medallion? If not, when?

Apologize if this has previously been asked and answered, but a search didn't uncover anything.

3 minutes ago, Dwtlion said:

My June 22 cruise just got switched from the Crown to the Emerald Princess. Does the Emerald have Medallion? If not, when?

Apologize if this has previously been asked and answered, but a search didn't uncover anything.

When cruising resumes ALL Princess ships will be Medallion enabled.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

Somewhat on topic...  Apple has announced their AirTag - it's a round device about the size of a quarter, along with it  ton of accessories have popped up on Amazon to attach it to various things.  I've some on order as well as a couple of things from Amazon, I'm curious if the Medallion will fit in them. <- that's the tie-in 😉

34 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

Somewhat on topic...  Apple has announced their AirTag - it's a round device about the size of a quarter, along with it  ton of accessories have popped up on Amazon to attach it to various things.  I've some on order as well as a couple of things from Amazon, I'm curious if the Medallion will fit in them. <- that's the tie-in 😉

A quick search found this:

Apple AirTag measures in at 1.26 inches in diameter, and it has a height of 0.31 inches, or 8mm. It weighs 0.39 ounces (11 grams). Of course we all know that a quick Internet search may well result in erroneous information.

A search of this site will give us the dimensions of the Medallion. (I had that info but didn't save it so will have to look again.)

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

Somewhat on topic...  Apple has announced their AirTag ... I'm curious if the Medallion will fit in them. <- that's the tie-in 😉

I've been curious about that too.  I hope somone might post dimensions of the AirTag and of the Medallion for comparison!

10 hours ago, jchowze said:

I've been curious about that too.  I hope somone might post dimensions of the AirTag and of the Medallion for comparison!

There are many pendants and a pinon specifically made to hold the Princess Medallion. On ebay. Very inexpensive.

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

What good would the AirTag be with the medallion? What purpose would it serve?

People are simply wanting to know if the Medallion would fit in the AirTag holders.

16 hours ago, Thrak said:

People are simply wanting to know if the Medallion would fit in the AirTag holders.

Yep this.  There are lots of AirTag holders on the market & I assume more will become available.  So I was curious if they might be interchangeable, if I find one I particularly like.  Thanks for your thoughts!

As the Navigators section told me last month a major update to the MedallionClass app is beginning to become available. The update was available for my iPad but not yet for my iPhone. So far everything I’ve tried has worked well including OceanReady. 🙂

8B638C0F-431D-4387-B5B7-D869EF53CBBD.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Why. How will that help? What would be the purpose?

as an alternative to what Princess offers at Princess prices, if you want something more than the 'free' lanyard that comes with the medallion

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm new to Princess Cruises.

I'm looking at ordering the Medallions for our upcoming Seacation and being in the UK we have to pick it up from Southampton which is no problem except the iOS app adds a $15 shipping fee on. Is this normal?