Black Sea Sights & Turkish Delights ?'s

Ski Mom 2

I've been thinking about a cruise up/down Croatia for 2021 when I came across Black Sea Sights & Turkish Delights. It would "connect" to Secrets of Croatia & Greece via the Corinth Canal. The Black Sea cruise hasn't been offered since 2014 or so due to the problems in the area. Has anyone done this cruise (or something similar)? The price is pretty high (as is many 2021 cruises) and if I add the Secrets of Croatia I could be priced out. So, just wondering what your thoughts are on the Black Sea cruise. It's the only one so I'm sure that's part of the price problem. Thanks! 

https://www.windstarcruises.com/cruise/northern-europe/black-sea-sights-and-turkish-delights/?id=843&sid=4145

My husband and I are dreamers when it comes to looking at cruises. I will print out itineraries with prices far in advance and then sit and watch what happens long before we actually book a cruise. What I really want to do for 2021 is visit my relatives in Italy, visit Tuscany, and hopefully add on a Windstar Cruise, preferably one that does the Croatia area. But when I saw the Black Seas Cruise I became intrigued...

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 12:37 PM, ridethetide said:

I personally would be hesitant to book this itinerary at this time due to ongoing unrest in Turkey and Ukraine.  It is unfortunate because it sounds like a fabulous itinerary.

We’re the complete opposite and if we did this I’d add on some days in Istanbul!  A favorite and I will not be intimidated. If my time comes, it comes and I can’t live my life looking over my shoulder. I could just as easily be killed by a cab in Rome!!

to the OP. This looks like a great itinerary. 

Edited by milepig

2 hours ago, milepig said:

We’re the complete opposite and if we did this I’d add on some days in Istanbul!  A favorite and I will not be intimidated. If my time comes, it comes and I can’t live my life looking over my shoulder. I could just as easily be killed by a cab in Rome!!

to the OP. This looks like a great itinerary. 

My concern was that the trip might be cancelled as the previous Turkey/Black Sea itineraries were, resulting in hassles and disappointments.

On 11/16/2019 at 11:36 AM, ridethetide said:

My concern was that the trip might be cancelled as the previous Turkey/Black Sea itineraries were, resulting in hassles and disappointments.

That's been our concern as well as the politics of supporting a country that might possibly be committing genocide.  Time will tell and 2021 is far enough off to just sit and wait. I agree with Ridethetide, a cancellation after plane fares are booked, hotels reserved,  etc. is more chaos than we need. We loved our visit to Kusadashi on the Surf this summer and hope that things somehow work out on that part of the world.