Suites Benefit / specialty dining

cruiser02

I understand that one of the Royal Suite amenities is Unlimited complimentary specialty dining. 

I want to make dining  reservations for an upcoming cruise but when I do I am "charged" - the fee would be deduced from my on-board credit which I want to go to Tours.

So ... how to a reserve using my "amenity?" 

I tried to call Celebrity but the wait time is too long ..

Thanks

Yes they called me at least a month before , they can make all your reservations, Luminae the suite restaurant is also very good , service is better than specialty restaurants, we also have royal suite on next cruise and will have some dinners in luminae.

39 minutes ago, George C said:

Yes they called me at least a month before , they can make all your reservations, Luminae the suite restaurant is also very good , service is better than specialty restaurants, we also have royal suite on next cruise and will have some dinners in luminae.

You can also see your butler once on board, in the Royal Suite you will not have a problem getting a seat in the restaurant.  

• Like 1

Mary Lou, 

In the past (as of this spring) we were told it didnt include specialty lunches; 

We were also told it didnt allow ordering from anything but MDR.. 

I think it depends on how ambitious the butler is 🙂

Good luck! We just had a great cruise with exceptional service and food in Murano on Eclipse.

-jim

8 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Yes it includes lunches in specialty restaurants.

We are in our 1st PH and hope we can order dinner from Tuscan to be served in our suite.

5 minutes ago, 2NHcruisers said:

Mary Lou, 

In the past (as of this spring) we were told it didnt include specialty lunches; 

We were also told it didnt allow ordering from anything but MDR.. 

I think it depends on how ambitious the butler is 🙂

Good luck! We just had a great cruise with exceptional service and food in Murano on Eclipse.

-jim

Jim,

To clarify, are you saying that no specialty venues are complimentary during lunch for RS and PS or are your referring to the "special themed lunches" that happen to occur in a specialty restaurant.  We were on Equinox in Nov. 2017 in a RS and ate at Sushi on 5 several times and it was complimentary.  So you are saying it's different now?  Thank you!

35 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Yes it includes lunches in specialty restaurants.

We are in our 1st PH and hope we can order dinner from Tuscan to be served in our suite.

If they can’t make that happen, I’d be very surprised!

(And disappointed.)

Edited by Caribbean Chris

I was referring to the special themed lunches, the murano lobster lunch or the tuscan king crabs leg lunch.

One item we noted that we liked better is the RS had a lavazza blue machine which made decent coffee, and we could get morning cappuccino in a lavazza mug rather than a Cafe al Baco paper cup.

-jim

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Jim,

To clarify, are you saying that no specialty venues are complimentary during lunch for RS and PS or are your referring to the "special themed lunches" that happen to occur in a specialty restaurant.  We were on Equinox in Nov. 2017 in a RS and ate at Sushi on 5 several times and it was complimentary.  So you are saying it's different now?  Thank you!

• Thanks 1

1)  If you want specific reservations and times use the shoreside concierge.  I've been in a Royal Suite and the MC Concierge was not able to get a decent time for the 1 time I wanted to eat in a specialty.  I was quite surprised given what you hear here.

2)  I also asked about the "special" sea day buffet in Tuscan which was $25.  I was very surprised to hear that it was NOT included.   People who went said it was nothing special.  I do believe that regular lunch menus are complimentary for RS and above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

1)  If you want specific reservations and times use the shoreside concierge.  I've been in a Royal Suite and the MC Concierge was not able to get a decent time for the 1 time I wanted to eat in a specialty.  I was quite surprised given what you hear here.

2)  I also asked about the "special" sea day buffet in Tuscan which was $25.  I was very surprised to hear that it was NOT included.   People who went said it was nothing special.  I do believe that regular lunch menus are complimentary for RS and above.

Makes sense that you should get reservations, if there not full you will be fine.

I am thinking of getting reservations for Tuscan for antipasto then moving to luminae for at least one dinner. Would love to get antipasto delivered to suite will check with butler. 

We've never paid attention to themed lunches in the specialty restaurants.  I can say that last November on Reflection a regular sea day lunch in Muranos or Tuscan was included with the RS. The wine dinners, Chef's tables, Chef's Market Discovery excursions are not included in unlimited specialty dining. Sushi on 5 was.

• Thanks 1

When we ate in Murano we would ask them to send a cheese plate to the room the next day (since we never had the cheese after dinner).  It was a wonderful treat. I'd imagine you could do the same with Tuscan.

13 minutes ago, George C said:

Makes sense that you should get reservations, if there not full you will be fine.

I am thinking of getting reservations for Tuscan for antipasto then moving to luminae for at least one dinner. Would love to get antipasto delivered to suite will check with butler. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We've never paid attention to themed lunches in the specialty restaurants.  I can say that last November on Reflection a regular sea day lunch in Muranos or Tuscan was included with the RS. The wine dinners, Chef's tables, Chef's Market Discovery excursions are not included in unlimited specialty dining. Sushi on 5 was.

Generally our experience also. I think things like the ‘crab lunch’ in Tuscan would be considered a special and incur a cost.

Tuscan also had a themed event one evening which we were told was not included and Sushi had an Indian event which was not included. As we were uninterested in either it didn’t bother us but is a little ‘grabbing’ I think! It would also be a little annoying if you had prebooked those nights then after boarding had to rearrange your dining plan.

Re dining in suite. If we want anything other than standard MDR food we arrange it with the butler the day before. We have never asked for Tuscan food in suite so can’t confirm they would do it but we have enjoyed meals that don’t exist on any menu so as long as you only wanted something special the odd night discuss with your butler or perhaps with the M’D of the restaurant. We found both the M’Ds in Tuscan and Murano’s outstanding last cruise, they really went out of their way to make every evening special.

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

The one thing I dislike about eating in a suite is the food smell that lingers after your dinner.     I bring spray disinfectant but it still lingers.    We have enjoyed the specialty lunches in the Porch and Lawn Club.   If the weather is bad they serve the Lawn Club lunch in the Tuscan.

I must say that on the odd occasions we dine in suite I tend to open the balcony windows after!

Our butler once offered to organise an Indian banquet for us...Absolutely delicious! He thoughtfully brought in an air freshener as he came to clear the plates...