Royal suite amenity / speciality dining

cruiser02

Unlimited complimentary specialty dining is included in the Suite Class amenities.   

When I attempt to book a reservation on-line I am charged with a deduction from my on-board credit account. 

So - how does the "included" part work ?  

Thanks 

15 minutes ago, George C said:

You can’t do this online , concierge will call you several weeks before and he can make your reservations. Similar post yesterday 

Sorry about double post   I thought it did not get sent / posted. 

Thank you for you  answer.  Appreciate !

4 hours ago, cruiser02 said:

Unlimited complimentary specialty dining is included in the Suite Class amenities.   

When I attempt to book a reservation on-line I am charged with a deduction from my on-board credit account. 

So - how does the "included" part work ?  

Thanks 

Unlimited speciality dining is only for some suites...RS and above on M and S class generally and Signiture and above on Reflection.

I assume you are in one of the above categories. If so you will receive an email/phone call from the shoreside concierge about 2/3 weeks pre cruise. By then we usually have a drafted email of dining requests plus in suite bar set up requests, pillow requests...

We do tend to look at the itinerary and then draft a ‘provisional’ dining plan for the cruise. We know our butler or the concierge will modify if our plans change but after speaking to the M’Ds of the speciality restaurants they do appreciate suite guests giving them a plan of when they expect to dine...

19 hours ago, chemmo said:

Unlimited speciality dining is only for some suites...RS and above on M and S class generally and Signiture and above on Reflection.

I assume you are in one of the above categories. If so you will receive an email/phone call from the shoreside concierge about 2/3 weeks pre cruise. By then we usually have a drafted email of dining requests plus in suite bar set up requests, pillow requests...

We do tend to look at the itinerary and then draft a ‘provisional’ dining plan for the cruise. We know our butler or the concierge will modify if our plans change but after speaking to the M’Ds of the speciality restaurants they do appreciate suite guests giving them a plan of when they expect to dine...

Thanks   We've not cruised on Celebrity for a few years so appreciate the Up-date    We are in a RS   

You can do all of this through your butler first day on board or through the shore side concierge pre-cruise.  But if you have not sailed Celebrity in a few years do not overlook the suite restaurant Luminae.  It is every bit as good or better than the Specialty Restaurants.  Try both in the first few nights and decide.  Luminae does not require reservations.

• Like 1

In my experience, there was no problem getting the reservations we wanted, or even making changes during the cruise. Either our butler or the concierge were pleased to handle it for us. I think the specialty restaurants hold out some availability for the top suites.. we did communicate our tentative plans when the shoreside concierge called us, but ended up with some changes which were cheerfully accommodated..

23 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

You can do all of this through your butler first day on board or through the shore side concierge pre-cruise.  But if you have not sailed Celebrity in a few years do not overlook the suite restaurant Luminae.  It is every bit as good or better than the Specialty Restaurants.  Try both in the first few nights and decide.  Luminae does not require reservations.

Service for sure is better in luminae. Our next celebrity cruise we have a royal suite and will definitely do some meals including first night in luminae.

23 hours ago, cruiser02 said:

Will be our first time for Luminae     How does it compare to Blu ? which we  always enjoyed?

Luminae is smaller and less crowded than Blu. On some ships there is sometimes a wait for a table in Blu.  We have had great experiences in Luminae overall with the food and especially the service level.  We have never sailed Aqua or dined in Blu which many have also praised here. Suite guests can also dine in Blu if there is no waiting list of Aqua passengers. I think the general majority opinion  for those who have done both is that Luminae is better but of course food is subjective and you will get very different opinions here.

17 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Luminae is smaller and less crowded than Blu. On some ships there is sometimes a wait for a table in Blu.  We have had great experiences in Luminae overall with the food and especially the service level.  We have never sailed Aqua or dined in Blu which many have also praised here. Suite guests can also dine in Blu if there is no waiting list of Aqua passengers. I think the general majority opinion  for those who have done both is that Luminae is better but of course food is subjective and you will get very different opinions here.

Thanks   We have been on the Solstice in RS before Luminae    Have been in Aqua and enjoyed Blu for the food, service and the fact that we  never waited. 

The MD is too busy ( in our opinion )   Guess we are getting "old" and impatient.  

On 11/16/2019 at 10:07 AM, cruiser02 said:

Thanks   We have been on the Solstice in RS before Luminae    Have been in Aqua and enjoyed Blu for the food, service and the fact that we  never waited. 

The MD is too busy ( in our opinion )   Guess we are getting "old" and impatient.  

Mature and wise......

We were in a RS on Summit in August and on the first sea  day all the top suites were invited to a special luncheon with the officers in Blu.  It was probably the best meal we had all week on the ship and the company was great.   I would maybe make an inquiry on board and see if your ship does this. 

1 minute ago, dkjretired said:

We were in a RS on Summit in August and on the first sea  day all the top suites were invited to a special luncheon with the officers in Blu.  It was probably the best meal we had all week on the ship and the company was great.   I would maybe make an inquiry on board and see if your ship does this. 

We had the very same experience when we sailed on Summit a couple of years back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2019 at 11:34 AM, chemmo said:

Seattle states: Interesting…. That Signature Suites on Reflection are different!  I wonder why?

Edited by Sam.Seattle