World's Leading Cruise Lines AMEX offer is back

rocklinmom

Heads up - the AMEX cashback offer for World's Leading Cruise Lines is back! I just saw it on my Blue Cash Preferred AMEX account. As usual it includes Princess (others include Holland America and Carnival). Spend $500 and get $100 cash back. I have done this twice already in the past few years and it works great. I use it to either make a cruise payment or buy OBC on an existing booking. You must load the offer onto your card first and then use it on the Princess website. The offer is good until 3/31/20. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

Heads up - the AMEX cashback offer for World's Leading Cruise Lines is back! I just saw it on my Blue Cash Preferred AMEX account. As usual it includes Princess (others include Holland America and Carnival). Spend $500 and get $100 cash back. I have done this twice already in the past few years and it works great. I use it to either make a cruise payment or buy OBC on an existing booking. You must load the offer onto your card first and then use it on the Princess website. The offer is good until 3/31/20. 

Can you or anyone share the link for the offer to those people who does not get it?

thanks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, geoherb said:

It's not showing up on my card either, just the Celebrity one. Perhaps they'll roll it out to more cards later.

I hope so, I have multiple cruises booked on multiple lines, including Celebrity. We don't have any cruise offers on our card.

Out of curiosity (and hope) what is the Celebrity offer, please?

34 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

I didn't have it on my card but I did use the back door site from before and it worked. Here it is:

http://americanexpress.com/wlcl

Thanks. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I hope others have better luck.

Sorry! You were probably expecting some offers here. Check the available tab to see your offers.

1 hour ago, Redwing55 said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Unfortunately, it seems like we drew the shorter straw with Celebrity offers... here's hoping this one trickles in to our accounts soon!  

Same here, we have a Princess cruise booked, and only the Celebrity offer is there as available.

7 minutes ago, Redwing55 said:

Sweet!  Worked for my wife's and my accounts!   Thanks for sharing!

That worked for me as well on my Delta Amex Platinum.

But, it looks like it's for reservations only, does anyone know if you can buy OBC by calling Princess and get this?

Edited by kywildcatfanone

5 hours ago, VirginiaVacationer said:

perfectly timed for buying OBC for my cruise in 2 weeks!

Will this work, I'm in the same boat, would use it to buy $500 OBC to get $100 back, but here is what it says on the offer:

Offer valid only for reservations booked between 11/15/2019 and 3/31/2020

And if you can use it to buy OBC, is that OBC refundable if you don't spend it all?

1 hour ago, Bollycats said:

I didn't have it on my card but I did use the back door site from before and it worked. Here it is:

http://americanexpress.com/wlcl

I tried that , and at first thought it had worked since the offer came up. But unfortunately when I clicked on it what came up was Sorry you were probably expecting an offer. Check your offers.