World's Leading Cruise Lines AMEX offer is back

rocklinmom

On 11/15/2019 at 10:18 AM, Redwing55 said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Unfortunately, it seems like we drew the shorter straw with Celebrity offers... here's hoping this one trickles in to our accounts soon!  

Don't give up ... 

I only had the Celebrity one (which we haven't seen in ages, btw) yesterday.  I logged back in today and saw the Princess one, too.  I added both the Princess and Celebrity ones as I have cruises booked on both lines.  

• Like 1

The last time I had this offer, I bought three FCDs apiece for both of us and got the credit. As long as the charge is appearing as being from Princess, Amex doesn't seem to care. I'm thinking about purchasing some OBC for my upcoming cruise to take advantage of it this time, or else I may wait if I can talk DH into going on a cruise in January or March.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, geoherb said:

The last time I had this offer, I bought three FCDs apiece for both of us and got the credit. As long as the charge is appearing as being from Princess, Amex doesn't seem to care. I'm thinking about purchasing some OBC for my upcoming cruise to take advantage of it this time, or else I may wait if I can talk DH into going on a cruise in January or March.

That's interesting as it's not on the website.  If that would work, I might try that.

I had posted several times that I tried the link without success. Well it turns out I had succeeded, but did not realize that I had. I checked available offers under travel, and it was not there. It turns out that it was not there because it was already downloaded and on my card.

I tried their chat function on line, and was told they could not help, but they gave me an 800 # and said they might be able to help.(800-528-4800). I tried that and was told I already had it. I checked and saw I had one downloaded (and since I did not remember downloading  any offer, I checked  and there it was.)

I guess I should check later and see if it is now also on my wife's card.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 2:21 PM, Bollycats said:

I didn't have it on my card but I did use the back door site from before and it worked. Here it is:

http://americanexpress.com/wlcl

Thanks! Worked for me. After adding it, it still doesn't show in my offers but does show under "Added to Card". I used this back door about a year ago when someone posted it and it worked great 🙂 BTW, I bought On Board Credit with it, then used the OBC to buy the beverage package onboard and to cover gratuities.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, geoherb said:

How did you purchase FCDs? Were you on a cruise?

Also, thank you to the OP so much. We added it to our upcoming paid cruise in the form of OBC.

The only thing I'm sorry about is that I VERY recently cancelled my gold Amex (that wasn't connected to our Platinum cards) because 1) no offers and 2) they raised the yearly fee.

That $100 would have offset the fee enough to make the card worth keeping.

Oh well..................

• Like 1

I was able to get the offer added to my card, and purchased OBC.   The charge changed from pending to a new $500.00 charge today, but I haven't gotten the credit yet.  I would have thought it would happen immediately. 😐

49 minutes ago, CATGUY7 said:

I was able to get the offer added to my card, and purchased OBC.   The charge changed from pending to a new $500.00 charge today, but I haven't gotten the credit yet.  I would have thought it would happen immediately. 😐

It usually happens within a few days, for me, at least.  I've used these offers a number of times ... I am sure others will have different experiences so I am just telling you not to worry until a week goes by.  

• Like 2

I have a question for everyone ....

I've used these offers so many times in the past that I am surprised I don't know the answer to this yet.  Anyhow, here goes ...

My DH and I are under the same Amex account, our bill is paid as one but we have different credit card numbers.  Can I use this offer under both cards and get two statement credits ... eg:  put $500 down on one card and another $500 down on the other card.  Their verbiage on restrictions is below:  

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.

How might you all interpret this?  I've added the offer to each card individually ... and don't want to be greedy but also don't want to spend another $500 at this time if it isn't going to lead to any savings (you know, with the holidays being upon us).  Thoughts?  

Be sure and pull up your offers on a computer and not through an app on a tablet (ipad) or phone.  The app will narrow the number of items offered, so you might not think it is there but it is.  I haven’t found a way to get my app to show all offers available, so will try and check at least once a month.  

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

I've used these offers so many times in the past that I am surprised I don't know the answer to this yet.  Anyhow, here goes ...

My DH and I are under the same Amex account, our bill is paid as one but we have different credit card numbers.  Can I use this offer under both cards and get two statement credits ... eg:  put $500 down on one card and another $500 down on the other card.  Their verbiage on restrictions is below:  

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.

How might you all interpret this?  I've added the offer to each card individually ... and don't want to be greedy but also don't want to spend another $500 at this time if it isn't going to lead to any savings (you know, with the holidays being upon us).  Thoughts?  

What you are describing worked for me.  I used my card and my wife's card to charge $500 on each as partial payments on cruise.  Received $100 credit for each charge.  I do have separate sign ins for myself and my wife. 

Edited by oldjetdriver

3 minutes ago, oldjetdriver said:

What you are describing worked for me.  I used my card and my wife's card to charge $500 on each as partial payments on cruise.  Received $100 credit for each charge.  I do have separate sign ins for myself and my wife. 

Excellent!  Thank you so much ...

Yes, we both have separate sign ins on our accounts so I just paid $500 with my card on one sailing and $500 with my DH's card on a different cruise, even though I don't think that matters one way or another.  Fingers crossed so hope it works ... sounds like it will.  

Thanks again!

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I mentioned earlier that after I discovered I actually had it, I thought I should check if it was also there on my wife's card, and it was.

Like you, same bill, but different numbers on the card. I did once mange to use it on each card for the same cruise. I think they may have changed that wising up to what some of us did, but I guess you will find out, and so will I.

And you have until March 31st (unless your payment is due earlier), so you do not have to do it right away.

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We are in the same situation.

My husband got the $100 off $500 and I got spend $500 get 10,000 Amex points.

Personally, I'd rather have the cash.

7 minutes ago, Shelldor said:

Does anyone know if you use the offer to buy OBC, is it refundable if you don't use it all?

In the past it's been refundable since all Princess sees is that you've purchased the OBC.

They have no way of knowing about the $100 credit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chamima said:

We are in the same situation.

My husband got the $100 off $500 and I got spend $500 get 10,000 Amex points.

Personally, I'd rather have the cash.

On my account, I can turn the 10K points into $100 cash off my payment ... does yours work this way, too?  I'm not well versed in all the terms and conditions of each different type of account ... but they seem equal in value.  

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I mentioned earlier that after I discovered I actually had it, I thought I should check if it was also there on my wife's card, and it was.

Like you, same bill, but different numbers on the card. I did once mange to use it on each card for the same cruise. I think they may have changed that wising up to what some of us did, but I guess you will find out, and so will I.

And you have until March 31st (unless your payment is due earlier), so you do not have to do it right away.

I think they may have changed that, too ... 

I read an article that they were 'clawing the money back' for handing out statement credits that didn't apply.  

I did receive one email congratulating me on using the offer ... but only one.  Either way, it is a good savings.  I didn't really want to cheat but, also didn't want to leave any money on the table.  

I will update this post if it is allowable.  

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I think they may have changed that, too ... 

I read an article that they were 'clawing the money back' for handing out statement credits that didn't apply.  

I did receive one email congratulating me on using the offer ... but only one.  Either way, it is a good savings.  I didn't really want to cheat but, also didn't want to leave any money on the table.  

I will update this post if it is allowable.  

Looking forward to your answer so I will know whether to try it on both cards. I know it did work in the past.

• Like 1

I succeeded in getting it on my blue everyday card  but , although offered on Delta gold,  said I already had it  on one card. I'm pretty sure I've done it on 2 cards  before with success. I'll wait and try again.  2 cruises coming up. 

13 hours ago, Pmorton3360 said:

I succeeded in getting it on my blue everyday card  but , although offered on Delta gold,  said I already had it  on one card. I'm pretty sure I've done it on 2 cards  before with success. I'll wait and try again.  2 cruises coming up. 

Sometime last year they started limiting using the offer to one of your cards if you had multiple ones that were AMEX issued (as opposed to bank issued AMEX cards). However, each person can use it on the same account as long as each person has a different credit card number.

Stated differently, if the offer is available on your Blue card and your Gold card, you can only use it on one of those. But if you use it on your Blue card and an authorized user has a Blue card with a different credit card number, that person can also use it.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 5:56 PM, ontheweb said:

Looking forward to your answer so I will know whether to try it on both cards. I know it did work in the past.

Since my DH and I have cards with different numbers, it appears that we both got the credit by each placing $500 down on each card.  Of note, it may not have mattered, but we put down money on two separate sailings.  

• Like 1