World's Leading Cruise Lines AMEX offer is back

rocklinmom

• 1 month later...

I had success with the Celebrity offer so now I am finally trying the Princess one. Last week I was on the Regal and my final folio was $467.08. I also purchased a FCC for $200. I thought the 2 together would get me the refund (I added it to my card months ago) but it didn't. I thought that the $467 was not for a reservation so it probably didn't qualify. I called American Express and they said it had to be one charge, but someone on this thread got it with 6 FCCS. I've decided to book a new cruise this morning for South America and pay a $500 deposit. I plan to book with my travel agent because I will get much more than just $100. Has anyone booked through an agent and received the $100 back? My point is that I am spending money that I would spend anyway but these charges would normally go on a card that gives me 3% on travel versus the 1% so if I don't get the $100, I'm losing money!

1 hour ago, Virgo61 said:

I had success with the Celebrity offer so now I am finally trying the Princess one. Last week I was on the Regal and my final folio was $467.08. I also purchased a FCC for $200. I thought the 2 together would get me the refund (I added it to my card months ago) but it didn't. I thought that the $467 was not for a reservation so it probably didn't qualify. I called American Express and they said it had to be one charge, but someone on this thread got it with 6 FCCS. I've decided to book a new cruise this morning for South America and pay a $500 deposit. I plan to book with my travel agent because I will get much more than just $100. Has anyone booked through an agent and received the $100 back? My point is that I am spending money that I would spend anyway but these charges would normally go on a card that gives me 3% on travel versus the 1% so if I don't get the $100, I'm losing money!

We have received the $100 credit on Carnival, HAL, and Princess all while booking with a TA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Virgo61 said:

Thank you so much. I'm calling my TA at 9:00 am.

Your very welcome. Just make sure that the charge is charged to the cruise line not the TA. (It should never be charged to the TA directly as that is a red flag that all is not kosher.)

20 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Your very welcome. Just make sure that the charge is charged to the cruise line not the TA. (It should never be charged to the TA directly as that is a red flag that all is not kosher.)

The $500 is pending on the card and I received an email from American Express stating that I redeemed my offer so I am confident that it will go through this time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Virgo61 said:

The $500 is pending on the card and I received an email from American Express stating that I redeemed my offer so I am confident that it will go through this time.

Good, usually it takes a day or so to go from pending to a posted charge. After that, it should not take long for the credit to show up..

After my stock obc showed up last week, I decided it was time to book my excursions for our Alaskan cruise before they book up.   I usually do private excursions or book the Princess ones on the ship but the private companies are already sold out.     I had enough OBC to cover half of the cost and charged the rest to my AMEX card.  I received an email from Princess last Wednesday saying $949 was charged to my card.   My personalizer shows them paid                        BUT             when I looked on the AMEX site to see if I received the $100 from this offer, there is no charge from Princess.    Nothing in pending.     This is the first time I have booked and paid before the cruise.      Do they charge you right away or are they holding the charge???     And does this offer work for prepaying excursions?   Thanks

Doggone! this is the first time the back door didn't work for me. When I click to add it to my card it tells me I already added it...but it's not in the "Added to Card" list. Good to hear others have had luck though

11 hours ago, compozer said:

Do they charge you right away or are they holding the charge???     And does this offer work for prepaying excursions?   Thanks

It usually shows as pending at least, until it is listed in the charges. I've always used the credit to buy on board credit. Pays for my beverage package once I'm on board.

Good news.  All of a sudden the charge is showing, along with many other ones my husband made.   And the credit is also showing.    Something must have been off but at least they are all showing now.  And it does work for excursions.       My final payment is coming up in two weeks, will I get another $100 credit.    I thought someone posted that they received several offers.   Sorry, I am too tired tonight to go back and read previous posts.

5 hours ago, compozer said:

I was thinking about purchasing some OBC and seeing if I could get another credit but the offer is no longer showing.  Does it go away after you use it?    I thought the offer was good through 3/31.

The offer is good one time only for each card it was allowed on.

In general, if you have multiple AMEX cards issued by AMEX (and not a bank such as, for example, a Macy's AMEX card is), you are only allowed to use it on one of your several AMEX cards. However, if that account has cards with different numbers in multiple people's names, you usually can use it for each person's card.

Example:

You have AMEX platinum card in your name and also in your spouse's name with a different number. You also have an AMEX gold card in your name and also in your spouse's name with a different number. You can use the offer with either the platinum card or the gold card, but not both. But for the card you choose to use it with, you can use it twice, once with the card that has your name n it and once with the card with a different number that has your spouse's name on it.

But, it can only be used one time each.

Caribill,  thanks for the great explanation.   I think I used this offer years ago.  It was on my plat AMEX card but not my husband's or son's.  I called them to ask why only mine and if they could get it added.  They said no.   If it is not in your offers, you can not get it.   He could not explain why some people get certain ones.   We also have the Delta platitum card but I have never had the cruise line offer on it.

Thank you for this information!  We leave on a Princess Panama cruise on the seventh, so I cancelled my beverage package on the princess website.  Then I re-booked the same package with the AMEX offer activated.  I instantly got an email telling me that I used my offer!

• Like 1

Do you have to upload the offer, or actually use the offer by March 31?

Anyhow, I try the back door, on Firefox, and it tries to go to offers, or Group Offers, then errors out and just goes to take me to my account if I want.  It doesn't give me any error message, but the address line up in the address window goes to /group_offers_unavailable.  (something like that)

Does anyone here have any idea if this might be happening because my account shows that I took advantage of a Princess Offer last Fall?   Maybe a once per year or whatever?

Edited by Wishing on a star