2021 Ship Deployment

sidari

Miami is waiting......(In March 2019, Gianni Onorato (MSC's CEO) announced that the first World Class MSC ship will be US-homeported (in Miami Florida) at least for the inaugural cruise season (Caribbean 2022-2023 winter).

1 minute ago, slei15 said:

Assuming at least one will come back stateside in Winter 2021 ...

I believe that Seashore will come over to Miami. If/when, I don't know. 

11 hours ago, dexddd said:

Thanks for this.  Been hoping for a new(er) ship in Northern Europe for 2021.  Any idea when bookings open?

Norway continues to behave extremly ugly to cruise companies. It will get totally worse in 2025. If you not done the norway cruise until now, I would recommend to go no matter what ships MSC sends.

16 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

Norway continues to behave extremly ugly to cruise companies. It will get totally worse in 2025. If you not done the norway cruise until now, I would recommend to go no matter what ships MSC sends.

What do you mean? Environmental issues?

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I recognize all the icons except Mediterranean (seashore/seaview/seaside/grand.). Is that the Colosseum in Rome? 

I am also surprised they moved both seaside and seaview from the Caribbean as both of these ships are more designed for warm weather than the Mera. 

BM ... Seaview has not been to the Caribbean yet!

• Thanks 1

On 11/16/2019 at 6:30 AM, perakcruiser said:

This is not the facts here and has nothing to to with ugly behavior against the cruiselines. It's about protecting our Fjords and natural wonders for today's and the future generations so they can enjoy our nature even more. There is no ban of megaships but the authorities are encouraging the cruiselines to use ships as clean and emissionfree as possible. By the year 2025 no ships on fossile fuel are allowed in the protected Fjords. Norway is also installing electrical shore power so the cruiselines can connect while the ships are docked so even more emissions can be cut. 

• Like 6

On 11/16/2019 at 6:30 AM, perakcruiser said:

North Europe is not only Norway and fjords. You have Poland, Finland, LT, Latvija, Estonia, Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Germany... 

Pleased that newer ships are going to the Baltic 

15 hours ago, Stadleter said:

North Europe is not only Norway and fjords. You have Poland, Finland, LT, Latvija, Estonia, Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Germany... 

Pleased that newer ships are going to the Baltic 

Yes, and also Iceland, Färöer and a little bit more. 

Been there, all great cruises, but the Norwegian fjords is the crown of Nothern Europe for sure. So I really recommend DO IT NOW before it gets impossible or hell expensive. All the other countries will still be very happy to welcome cruise ships. 

Same of cause for Venice, DO IT NOW. A cruise that not goes along the Giudecca-canal or that not ports at the Venezia cruise terminal is not worth it. The good thing is - other than the Norwegians - Venice needs the money from the cruise ships desperately and has no interest to see it going to other ports on the mainland. 

On 11/18/2019 at 8:20 AM, Norwegian Cruiser 73 said:

This is not the facts here and has nothing to to with ugly behavior against the cruiselines. It's about protecting our Fjords and natural wonders for today's and the future generations so they can enjoy our nature even more. There is no ban of megaships but the authorities are encouraging the cruiselines to use ships as clean and emissionfree as possible. By the year 2025 no ships on fossile fuel are allowed in the protected Fjords. Norway is also installing electrical shore power so the cruiselines can connect while the ships are docked so even more emissions can be cut. 

Good on Norway!  Such a gorgeous place does not need to be overrun with huge cruise ships.  Look what a mess Venice is.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Good on Norway!  Such a gorgeous place does not need to be overrun with huge cruise ships.  Look what a mess Venice is.

I agree, but there is the irony that Norway is only rich enough to be able to act on their principles because they are pumping so much North Sea oil...

• Like 2