paying for ship excursions with OBC

Markanddonna

Payment is due at the time of booking,,, unless you have the $50 shore ex credit promotion. If you have the promotion, you need to follow the instructions on the use of the promotion, and call to book your excursions and pay on board. 

NCL: Shore excursion credit can be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

Donna, I called ahead to see how many openings are available on our cruise. My daughter joined later and did not take the perk. We paid for one ahead,as they claim there were only two Slots . Left. She will use her on board credit for the others. See you soon onboard !

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

I just called to try to make a reservation for a ship excursion using OBC and was told I had to wait until I boarded the ship.

I think you are missing how this works.  You call and make a reservation but you don't pay in advance.  When you get on the ship, your OBC will be applied to your account.  Your excursions will be charged to your account. So if you have excursions and OBC, they will be paid using your OBC.  Or if you buy something in the gift shop it will be paid using your OBC.  Anything not covered by OBC will be charged to your credit card on file.  OBC is a credit against your account and you don't designate what you are using it for.

If you have excursion credits they will be applied once you actually take the excursion.

If you use the website to book your excursions, you have to pay for them at the time you book them.  Since they would already be paid for when you board, your OBC credit would be used for something else.

Edited by julig22

23 minutes ago, julig22 said:

I think you are missing how this works.  You call and make a reservation but you don't pay in advance.  When you get on the ship, your OBC will be applied to your account.  Your excursions will be charged to your account. So if you have excursions and OBC, they will be paid using your OBC.  Or if you buy something in the gift shop it will be paid using your OBC.  Anything not covered by OBC will be charged to your credit card on file.  OBC is a credit against your account and you don't designate what you are using it for.

If you have excursion credits they will be applied once you actually take the excursion.

If you use the website to book your excursions, you have to pay for them at the time you book them.  Since they would already be paid for when you board, your OBC credit would be used for something else.

If you don’t have the excursion perk, you need to pay when you book, you can’t use OBC.

8 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

If you don’t have the excursion perk, you need to pay when you book, you can’t use OBC.

Good to know you can't book ahead and not pay without the perk.  Guess I've always had the perk, so it wasn't an issue.

Edited by julig22

Donna, I called ahead to see how many openings are available on our cruise. My daughter joined later and did not take the perk. We paid for one ahead,as they claim there were only two Slots . Left. She will use her on board credit for the others. See you soon onboard !

You must pay with CC when you book ahead of time . Did this last week . You need to be On board to use OBC Kinda dumb because you are buying cruise related items. You can book ahead on Princess and use OBC. Every line is different

Edited by Joken35

1 hour ago, Joken35 said:

You must pay with CC when you book ahead of time . Did this last week . You need to be On board to use OBC Kinda dumb because you are buying cruise related items. You can book ahead on Princess and use OBC. Every line is different

as mentioned previously..... you may reserve WITHOUT paying with CC when you book following the promos direction. You only have to pay with CC if you book on line (even with promo) or call the 800 number for excursions and don't have the promo. 

1 hour ago, esm54687 said:
2 hours ago, Joken35 said:

as mentioned previously..... you may reserve WITHOUT paying with CC when you book following the promos direction

But you must have the promo/FAS excursion perk in order to reserve without paying in advance.  If you don't have the promo/perk you have to pay by CC when you call to book/reserve the excursion.

9 minutes ago, julig22 said:

So, who am I supposed to believe?  I called NCL ship excursions direct and that is what they told me.  It would be wonderful if you could register me for the excursions, but that is now how NCL seems to work.

15 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

So, who am I supposed to believe?  I called NCL ship excursions direct and that is what they told me.  It would be wonderful if you could register me for the excursions, but that is now how NCL seems to work.

If you will note, my comments were later corrected by others to indicate that if you don't have the excursion perk, you have to pay in advance.  In fairness, your original question had to do with applying OBC credits ahead of time, which you cannot do.  Apparently you do not have this perk so you cannot book without paying in advance.

1 hour ago, hallux said:

But you must have the promo/FAS excursion perk in order to reserve without paying in advance.  If you don't have the promo/perk you have to pay by CC when you call to book/reserve the excursion.

Not sure what part of my post you are clarifying since you are repeating what I said.....