Can you roll over on board credit on a back to back cruise

JAN2321

We are going on back to back cruises next summer on Crown Princess. We have on board spend for both cruises and wondered if anyone can tell me if our on board spend credit could be rolled over to the second cruise if we have any left.  We have more credit for the first cruise but it's only a 7 day cruise and our second cruise is longer and so it would be useful to spread the credit over to the second one.  Hope that all makes sense.  Thanks for any help.  

I had a problem with refundable OBC on my back-to-back cruises this summer. On the ship, it showed as having the money I paid toward a shore excursion as refundable OBC. At the end of the second cruise, it showed I had $90.09 in refundable OBC. But when I called after not getting a refund check after several months, I was told that each cruise was treated separately and that I wasn't due anything since the amount of OBC at the end of each voyage was less than $25. It worked out in the end for me when the final rep gave me a goodwill credit toward a future cruise. But I was very frustrated with what happened and learned to not trust what shows up on the ship.

Edited by geoherb

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

I had a problem with refundable OBC on my back-to-back cruises this summer. On the ship, it showed as having the money I paid toward a shore excursion as refundable OBC. At the end of the second cruise, it showed I had $90.09 in refundable OBC. But when I called after not getting a refund check after several months, I was told that each cruise was treated separately and that I wasn't due anything since the amount of OBC at the end of each voyage was less than $25. It worked out in the end for me when the final rep gave me a goodwill credit toward a future cruise. But I was very frustrated with what happened and learned to not trust what shows up on the ship.

We had the same thing happen, but with quite a bit more money. The final ship stateroom account for the B2B showed a refundable credit amount. Our refund was actually much less. The first Princess rep I talked to acted like I was incapable of understanding the difference between refundable and non-refundable OBC. (Actually the first rude Princess rep I have ever dealt with). After several calls, I just sent an email to customer service. Six weeks later, a very helpful Princess rep named Kimberley, phoned and we got it sorted out. I emailed her a scan of the final ship statement. She said that the ship accounting was done differently than the way corporate does it. My advice- be careful. B2B credits seem to be potentially confusing for Princess. We had confirmed with customer service on the ship that the account was correct, but still this mix up occurred.

We were not offered any goodwill OBC, despite the fact it took quite a number of frustrating phone calls to solve. We are supposed to receive our refund sometime in early December. The cruise was in August. Probably the first time I have really been annoyed with Princess customer service.

1 hour ago, RMMariner said:

We were not offered any goodwill OBC, despite the fact it took quite a number of frustrating phone calls to solve. We are supposed to receive our refund sometime in early December. The cruise was in August. Probably the first time I have really been annoyed with Princess customer service.

One of my frustrations with this situation was that I thought I had it settled back in September before our transatlantic cruise on the Crown when I spoke to one rep. It's when I called back a few weeks after getting back--when my refund check still had not shown up--that the other rep said I wouldn't be getting one. I was happy with the ultimate outcome--more goodwill credit to apply to the price of my next cruise than the refund amount would have been. But I'm still not happy that the onboard accounting system and the land-based accounting system don't appear to be in sync. 

9 hours ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

We always ask Princess to link our many b2b cruises.  The OBC is always carried over from one to the next.

a) Having the two segments linked is very important. Have your TA (or Princess if you are not using a TA) verify that the segments are linked.

b) Also stop by the Passenger Services Desk during the first segment to make sure they know your segments are linked and verify that any remaining OBC will carry over to the second segment.

12 hours ago, jrblach said:

our experience: if you owe at end of any b2b cruise, they charge your credit card.  if you have a credit, it will roll over until used up or the end of the final cruise.  same on world cruise segments.

We have never had this happen on a Princess cruise. Any positive balance at the end of the first voyage has rolled over to the 2nd. Our credit card has never been charged until the day of final disembarkation. 

4 hours ago, skynight said:

We have never had this happen on a Princess cruise. Any positive balance at the end of the first voyage has rolled over to the 2nd. Our credit card has never been charged until the day of final disembarkation. 

What you posted has been our experience for many years. The balances have always carried to the last trip when doing B2B cruises.

16 hours ago, caribill said:

a) Having the two segments linked is very important. Have your TA (or Princess if you are not using a TA) verify that the segments are linked.

b) Also stop by the Passenger Services Desk during the first segment to make sure they know your segments are linked and verify that any remaining OBC will carry over to the second segment.

I'm in a different situation. The first half of my upcoming b2b is with my husband. After the first half my husband gets off and my niece gets on for the second half. Both cruises will be in a different cabin.  Princess won't link the 2 cruises. I'm also told that neither the purchased internet, coffee card nor any obc I may have left over will follow me.  Technically it is 2 separate cruises. So I understand.