MSC UK Reply re Missing Ocean Cay 20% Discount

nikkiw60

9 hours ago, sidari said:

Nikki ... MSC are taking the proverbial with the time limit, you should go back to them and complain seeing as those in the US were given two years, it smack's of favouritism.

The difference is I think that we have received an amount for the full 20% and the people in the States have had less because of the port fees element. So financially we have done better.

I spoke with another rep this morning and emailed her a copy of the letter we'd received onboard.  She's just emailed me back asking me to fill out the 'Act of Release' form that was apparently sent from 'Operations' on 11/11/19 (which I never received) and return it to them.  🙄

31 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I spoke with another rep this morning and emailed her a copy of the letter we'd received onboard.  She's just emailed me back asking me to fill out the 'Act of Release' form that was apparently sent from 'Operations' on 11/11/19 (which I never received) and return it to them.  🙄

Oh dear!

Just now, nikkiw60 said:

Oh dear!

31 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Have you checked your junk email? My tour confirmations from MSC go to there for some reason!

I can see on my laptop when there is mail in the junk folder and I clear it at least once a day after checking what's in it - no sign of anything from Operations.

I know that rncruiser received an email while we still onboard.  She read it out at the time but, unfortunately, the 'entertainment' in TSL was so loud, I couldn't hear her so I'll have to email her to find out if what she got was a release form (I've been meaning to email her, anyway, to find out how she's doing).

I take it you didn't get a release form??

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I can see on my laptop when there is mail in the junk folder and I clear it at least once a day after checking what's in it - no sign of anything from Operations.

I know that rncruiser received an email while we still onboard.  She read it out at the time but, unfortunately, the 'entertainment' in TSL was so loud, I couldn't hear her so I'll have to email her to find out if what she got was a release form (I've been meaning to email her, anyway, to find out how she's doing).

We received our release form yesterday I was on the phone to CN our TA as it arrived they said they received a spread sheet with about 100 names on it!

57 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Hello Bea!

We in the US did not have to sign any release forms in order to receive our letter. Mine arrived by email on the 11th. It was detailed with the $ amount I could use towards next booking, it also gives us 2 years to use. I have read that some UK travelers are only given a year to use. 😒

The other email you are referring to was a survey re:" Compensation on board", I received that while we were still onboard. It does not specify what compensation it is referring to and given my situation I did not complete it. 

Hoping you and Mr. B are well.

R.

I received an email from Operations this morning apologising for their emails not reaching me.  However, the amount we've been offered is a pro rata one.  They've divided the 20% by 23 and multiplied by 13 (the number of nights of the NY-Miami leg) and are offering us that amount, which is almost half what I reckon we should be getting.  It's 20% back off the cost of the cruise - the whole cruise cost as far as I'm concerned.  Nowhere on the letter does it state 20% off the cost of a 13 night cruise!

I've responded in this vein and will update here with their response.

Here's the response I've received:

We can confirm your cruise is a back to back sailing with two itineraries that have been joined together, New York to New York for 10 nights and New York to Miami for 13 nights. 

The 20% calculation is based on 13 nights from New York to Miami as this was the sector that was affected by the change in your itinerary. 

Now - a B2B is 2 separate cruises with 2 separate bookings and 2 separate payments.  Ours wasn't!

2 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

Good Luck Bea --they have their own rules don't they when it suits them

Well ... there's nothing in the letter that we received stating that we would only get 20% off the 13 night section of our cruise.  It clearly states 20% back off the cost of the cruise.

I have a feeling we were the only ones on for 23 nights who actually booked it as one cruise.  If Voyagers Club only treat it as one cruise when it comes to points, then they are in conflict with Operations who are stating that it's a B2B (despite us only having one booking number).

Here's the latest response:

Unfortunately we are unable to offer 20% discount credit based on the 23 night sailing. 

As per the letter you received it was advising the itinerary change for the 13 night sector from 28th October 2019 – 10thNovember 2019 due to this sector of the sailing being affected. 

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Looks like the old stand from under act again, one booking number equals one cruise

I would contact ABTA and a solicitor for advice about it.

It is like saying only part of a World cruise of 90 days was only impacted for 13 nights so we will only refund that part of it!

MSC are trying it on and they know it.

Yes - it was a direct booking.  They have to see the booking number to be able to see what we paid and the dates that that sailing is for - 18th Oct to 10th Nov!  Our ONE cruise was impacted by not going to the island - not just the NY-Miami portion of it!  🙄

2 minutes ago, sidari said:

I agree for sure.

Meraviglia is being offered in December as a 14 night cruise but returns to Miami after 7 nights so in effect b2b but with one booking number! No different to your cruise.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see how our American cousins would be treated if they booked a 14 night cruise and something were to happen within the last 7 days, resulting in a similar offer being made?  🤔

Double standards for sure and you only have to look at the 2 v 1 year time limit on booking another cruise that has been offered to the USA.

It would be interesting to hear what the UK office excuse for that is.

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I received an email from Operations this morning apologising for their emails not reaching me.  However, the amount we've been offered is a pro rata one.  They've divided the 20% by 23 and multiplied by 13 (the number of nights of the NY-Miami leg) and are offering us that amount, which is almost half what I reckon we should be getting.  It's 20% back off the cost of the cruise - the whole cruise cost as far as I'm concerned.  Nowhere on the letter does it state 20% off the cost of a 13 night cruise!

I've responded in this vein and will update here with their response.

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk.

Shame on them. 

• Like 1