MSC UK Reply re Missing Ocean Cay 20% Discount

nikkiw60

i am currently on hold to inquire about our 20% refund voucher. 26 minutes and counting with no interaction with a human. Wouldn't it have made sense to deliver to our stateroom on the last night and free up the phones for new bookings? Final payment for our next cruise is approaching and I'd like to apply it. 

Sorry, I just noticed the UK in the heading. I did want to note that after 31 minutes on hold I was informed that I have to send an email to existing reservations to apply my voucher AFTER I receive it by email and that there is absolutely no answer to how long that could be. She stated that they handle the refund vouchers on-board and that there is no way for the land side to get that info. That didn't help at all. 🙄 Left hand/ right hand...never to touch each other

On 12/2/2019 at 10:17 PM, L2float said:

i am currently on hold to inquire about our 20% refund voucher. 26 minutes and counting with no interaction with a human. Wouldn't it have made sense to deliver to our stateroom on the last night and free up the phones for new bookings? Final payment for our next cruise is approaching and I'd like to apply it. 

My guess is that they will not allow you to apply it to your upcoming cruise and that it will be during or after your cruise when it arrives.

6 hours ago, sidari said:

My guess is that they will not allow you to apply it to your upcoming cruise and that it will be during or after your cruise when it arrives.

That wouldn’t surprise me a bit. We have other cruises booked, but I just wanted to use it and forget it. The letter stated that we would receive it in 7-10 days. It’s been 10 days. 

Glad to hear from Nikkiw60 that we can use to book cruises further out.

• Like 1

I wanted to post a correction. I mistakenly stated that the letter quoted 7-10 days. I reread the letter and that was not stated in the letter. I'm not sure if I read that somewhere else or if I heard it, but I wanted to be sure that my post contained accurate information. We're making our final payment for the next cruise tonight and will use the voucher for another. I always seem to want to go one more time...

A client that was on the 11/23-11/30 seaside sailing received their voucher on 12/5 (US based). I called in that day to have it applied to their upcoming March sailing with final payment due 12/16. It was just applied this evening (6 days later), right in the nick of time to get final payment done. 

2 hours ago, slei15 said:

A client that was on the 11/23-11/30 seaside sailing received their voucher on 12/5 (US based). I called in that day to have it applied to their upcoming March sailing with final payment due 12/16. It was just applied this evening (6 days later), right in the nick of time to get final payment done. 

As the thread states it's UK and we CANNOT use against a booking already made as I have tried. It really is no good US people saying they have done this for themselves or clients we have been told NO and we were on the 28/10/19 sailing on Meraviglia so the first affected.

Edited by emmas gran
addition

4 hours ago, emmas gran said:

As the thread states it's UK and we CANNOT use against a booking already made as I have tried. It really is no good US people saying they have done this for themselves or clients we have been told NO and we were on the 28/10/19 sailing on Meraviglia so the first affected.

Apologies for the US hijack. I was responding to L2float about US from a few posts up. 

slei 15 --I just get fed up with US being to do things we cannot and when you post a client has it applied to an imminent cruise it just gets me a little irate for all the reasons I stated. We had to chase MSC for our vouchers in the UK and didn't get them for about 10/14 days.

No apology is necessary.

Liz

3 hours ago, emmas gran said:

slei 15 --I just get fed up with US being to do things we cannot and when you post a client has it applied to an imminent cruise it just gets me a little irate for all the reasons I stated. We had to chase MSC for our vouchers in the UK and didn't get them for about 10/14 days.

No apology is necessary.

Liz

Totally understand the frustration.  Goes right along with the different promotions for different regions, for instance, when the drink packages first changed, and the "All-in" promo including drinks in UK/Ireland was giving the Premium package, while in the US we could only get the Easy.  It is why RCL is trying to move to a singular structure now for all international operations, having a single quad-branded team for each region (RCCL, Celebrity, Azamara, and SilverSeas) that works in conjunction with Miami to ensure consistency across all brands and countries.  MSC needs to have better coordination between the regions to ensure equality.

• Like 2

I was on 11/23-30 Seaside sailing. Sent email to MSC-Usa asking for status on my discount voucher ....Believe it or not....This is the reply I received!l I don't trust their system in keeping history of this. I want something in writing!?

The discount will apply when you book your next sailing, there you will see the credit.

Thank you for choosing MSC Cruises!

So they are still refusing to tell customers the exact amount of their voucher beforehand, that way many will not be able to challenge it because they will likely have thrown away the paperwork from the cruise it was given against.

This is also known as sharp practice and MSC have become a disgrace.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidari said:

So they are still refusing to tell customers the exact amount of their voucher beforehand, that way many will not be able to challenge it because they will likely have thrown away the paperwork from the cruise it was given against.

Sidari ...I agree. However I have learned that MSC is so inconsistent with their practices.im likely to get a email with the amount next week...lol. I've read others who supposedly received an email with the amount. I can only hope!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sidari said:

Hi we now have the voucher with the 20% amount on it --when we decide on a cruise we have to sign it and send to TA or MSC to use against the booking. The amount may be £20-30 more than we expected but still very generous.

The voucher was sent to the TA we booked the cruise with, but I rang them and asked for it as I may not use them again.

Liz

• Like 1

6 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Hi we now have the voucher with the 20% amount on it --when we decide on a cruise we have to sign it and send to TA or MSC to use against the booking. The amount may be £20-30 more than we expected but still very generous.

The voucher was sent to the TA we booked the cruise with, but I rang them and asked for it as I may not use them again.

Liz

Thanks for the tip... Eventhough I booked through an Internet Agency...I will check with them and see if they received any information regarding my voucher.