New Cruise Personaliser

BarnhamDave

Tried to pay my cruise balance this morning. After entering all the relevant details, hit the enter button to have a message displayed saying “ you have reached the maximum number of passengers for this cruise”. I’m a bit bemused by this as I certainly had no intention of inviting anyone else along to see The Northern Lights next February. Anyway, I will leave it for a few days and see what happens with my bank account ( have I paid or not?). 

Other issues. I have 2 planned cruises which are not displayed on my account. Mysteriously, I have other planned cruises which are. Also, trying to enter details on cruise personaliser (such as the address of the person to contact in an emergency.......new requirement) was not easy, however I did eventually manage to save the data.

I have sent feedback to P&O. To be honest, I guessed the new CP would have it’s issues. After all, the new on-line booking system is pretty dire so it was odds on that the CP would go the same way. I’m someone who doesn’t mind change, if it’s for the better, but feeling pretty frustrated at the moment. The old CP worked so well. Let’s hope these issues can be sorted out pretty quickly. 

Yes the My P&O ( which replaced the excellent cruise personaliser) is pretty die at the moment. I wanted to look at excursions so assumed that if I selected “shore experiences “ from the menu, I would be taken to them. Nothing there! In fact you have to click on the shopping trolley icon at the top of the page and then select “shore experiences” from there. Seems they are not that keen on me spending money!

My P&O system was playing up last night - wouldn’t accept payments. It actually came up with an error message saying contact card issuer. I did this and was told they tried to make the requested payment, but it was bounced back from P&O! Anyway system is apparently completed b*gg****d today, might be back up on Monday! Why on earth don’t they test these systems themselves rather than relying on us to test them.

• Like 1

We had problems entering some details on the old one.  For two different cruises I had to ring through to get them to enter the details which kept disappearing when I tried.  The person I was speaking to said it was a problem they were aware of (It was some considerable time interval between the two occasions- so not been addressed in the meantime).  I've not tried the new one yet......😯 hopefully that will be one glitch they've corrected but seems there are other problems.

Like you BarnhamDave, I have cruises not showing on My Account, whilst others are!  One not clocked is a March sailing - a transferred booking to P&O from TC although the July one also originally with TC is there.  I wasn't expecting to see relatively new bookings for 2021 logged which they aren't but I do have a CP for both the March one and the July trip - just no record of it in My Account.  Not unduly worried but why it's not there is baffling.  

Edited by kruzseeka

I only use the site to access my CP before a cruise. This was successfully done yesterday and all inputs made.

i did use the new system but it then redirected me to the old one.

6 minutes ago, daiB said:

I only use the site to access my CP before a cruise. This was successfully done yesterday and all inputs made.

Lucky you. I wish my next cruise was still on the old system. The new system is currently pretty dreadful, both in design and reliability. I really hope they get it sorted out quickly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, daiB said:

I tried yesterday and got directed to the Cunard cruise personaliser.  Gobsmackingly, it didn't recognise me!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, besberry said:

I tried yesterday and got directed to the Cunard cruise personaliser.  Gobsmackingly, it didn't recognise me!!

Clearly you must be a new cruiser unknown to P & O. 🙂

I have spent several hours since Friday trying to get personal/ insurance details onto the CP without any success. If it accepts some info it then deletes some already completed info. P&O are not interested, I have emailed them and phoned them about the problem but it is still not working. This could be a serious problem for anyone trying to book flight seats etc. Come on P&O get your act together and sort this out - or at least post some information regarding the problem and keep us updated. In the absence of any explanation I have been suspecting my laptop as having a virus or something.

No your laptop is ok it's down to p and o has been like it for last 3 weeks .Getting nowhere fast with this one .Have checked every day to see if things have changed. We dot go till May 2020 so might get corrected by then . Don't know if people going in next few weeks are getting the same problem but very irritating 

Just been tinkering around with new cruise personeliser. Not that it helps much but found the way to check wife details passport etc On login page put in cruise ref from p and o then wifes details let's you get in to see and check still not working fully eg insurance tel no and other aspects. Noticed at bottom there was a option to allow to let me alter her details or not . Have 3 ships on this system still waiting for iona guess they are holding fire till sorted 

57 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Just been tinkering around with new cruise personeliser. Not that it helps much but found the way to check wife details passport etc On login page put in cruise ref from p and o then wifes details let's you get in to see and check still not working fully eg insurance tel no and other aspects. Noticed at bottom there was a option to allow to let me alter her details or not . Have 3 ships on this system still waiting for iona guess they are holding fire till sorted 

A ha! Able to check passenger 2 details now and have entered emergency contact details against them. Still cant input the telephone number for the I insurance though. We are also waiting for Iona, let's see if they have managed to get it right then.

For anyone else trying to book shore excursions through the new system and finding that P&O won’t accept their payments, I’ve just been told by P&O that the whole payment system for My P&O cruises has gone down. They are obviously trying to fix it urgently, but it has been broken since late Saturday (or at least has been for me) so it looks like a major fix!

P&O need to back out the new system and go back to the old CP while they thoroughly system test the new system.  When will they ever learn that their IT department needs to test thoroughly because this constant poor quality IT will hurt their business.

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

P&O need to back out the new system and go back to the old CP while they thoroughly system test the new system.  When will they ever learn that their IT department needs to test thoroughly because this constant poor quality IT will hurt their business.

Those comments have been made about the P&O IT systems for years, but strangely it does not seem to hurt their sales, presumably if it did then Carnival would intervene.

Apparently despite the P&O system experiencing significant problems, Carnival decided to launch the equivalent Cunard system on Monday - which caused the whole lot to come crumbling down. I can only think that both P&O and Cunard were under severe pressure to release these systems before they had been tested.

I guess because your cruise is not far away it is still on the old cp .I have a cruise on aurora in june 2020 and has been changed to the new one . If it's all up to date I would print off your etickets as soon as possible in case it changes.