New Cruise Personaliser

BarnhamDave

The new system is ghastly.  The old CP was a bit clunky, but it worked!

Difficult to find/compare shore excursions - for our cruise, these are not listed by port, but by "theme" - eg adventure, culture and so on.  Our next cruise (Northern Lights) only has 4 ports, so it was manageable (just), but I don't know how we will get on with a longer cruise.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, white_bear said:

Difficult to find/compare shore excursions - for our cruise, these are not listed by port, but by "theme" - eg adventure, culture and so on.  Our next cruise (Northern Lights) only has 4 ports, so it was manageable (just), but I don't know how we will get on with a longer cruise.

I agree - finding excursions is dreadful.  What possessed them to change from a port by port selection as they had before?  So much more logical.  We have a 16 night cruise and I got really frustrated as excursions popped again and again under different categories.  Who would think of making it more difficult to see everything you can do in one port by not grouping under one heading i.e. the port?  

I’ve only briefly looked at the new cp for a future cruise (as we have a January trip which is taking most of my cruise attention, and because the future cruise is one where I don’t anticipate using P&Os excursions anyway)

However, I must agree with the last few posts - it looks utterly bizarre and by no means intuitive or user friendly.  

P&O IT eh?  Who’s making these crazy business decisions?

I have given up on the new version, it is not in the least user friendly. I will wait a month or two as see if they improve it before trying again.

How can their IT be just so bad not only with this but the main booking site as well.  An utter cluster boorach!

• Like 2

Reading all these posts about the new CP makes me wonder what the poor people at P&O answering the phones think and do they report it to a higher authority and does that higher authority care. I have a cruise soon and thankfully all excursions etc were done on the old system. Everything was correct a few weeks ago and I am certainly not going to send my blood pressure into orbit by checking the new one! I never thought I would be glad not to be cruising next year!

3 hours ago, white_bear said:

It’s clearly not working as it should, but if you sort the excursions by date you will at least see the excursions for each port together.

• Like 1

Just had my last invite for iona cannot even get into it seems to fail on d.o.b input so getting nowhere fast .last week I could see all four of my cruises 2 in 2020 2 in 2021 4 different ships now nothing . So plenty of time I guess 

7 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

I have given up on the new version, it is not in the least user friendly. I will wait a month or two as see if they improve it before trying again.

How can their IT be just so bad not only with this but the main booking site as well.  An utter cluster boorach!

I'd guess that they contracted it out to whichever IT firm put in the lowest bid.

35 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

I'd guess that they contracted it out to whichever IT firm put in the lowest bid.

All Carnival companies have their IT in the US in one place. I did read Texas? But that may be wrong certainly over the pond.

Just sussed out that I can get onto new cruise personeliser on my PC no problem except the known ones . Why I couldn't get on using samsung pad I think was because it was remembering cruise log on and name. I took short cut and accepted .if I put all in manualy it let me in .Hope that helps but as I say they still have problems as it still comes up with the warning sign .Notice this problem has cropped up on cruise.co.uk forum site 

4 minutes ago, happy v said:

I've just tried it and the most trips per port was 5, and that was Rome, so  I don't think this can be right.

If your excursions aren’t “live” yet for your cruise you will only see the sample ones.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 9:15 PM, Les_ldh said:

If your excursions aren’t “live” yet for your cruise you will only see the sample ones.

Thanks, I was wondering if that was the reason. It's unfortunate that my ship doesn't become 'live' until a week before my cruise.

I spent a hour or so yesterday speaking to P&O about  not being to access any of the details of four future cruises. The main reason was that I wanted to book our seats for the flight for our Feb cruise to the Caribbean. The very nice lady I spoke to said that the problem was that I was using uppercase letters at the beginning of my name. She said everything had to be in lower case. I re-input everything in lower case and I got in. I still couldn’t book my seats as Virgin, who have taken over from Thomas Cook, only accept bookings from 30 days before the flight. I asked why there was nothing on the site about only using lowercase and she said it was because some people could get in using uppercase!!!!!!!

On 11/28/2019 at 7:26 PM, daiB said:

All Carnival companies have their IT in the US in one place. I did read Texas? But that may be wrong certainly over the pond.

Carnival UK have UK based systems developers.  A friend's son recently wanted to apply for an IT role that he had seen advertised but gave up because you have to apply on line but the link from the job description on the  Carnival site to the application doesn't work.  I just took a look and it still doesn't work 3 weeks later.  If they managed to get a good recruitment system perhaps they could successfully recruit some IT professionals who could sort out the current mess that is their IT.

On my old CP I’d added my passport details but not got round to my next of kin. In this new one the passport details are all there but every time I try and enter my next of kin’s phone number it says it’s invalid!! 🙄

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

On my old CP I’d added my passport details but not got round to my next of kin. In this new one the passport details are all there but every time I try and enter my next of kin’s phone number it says it’s invalid!! 🙄

Just ignore when it says invalid. Most of the time when you save your details you will find it has accepted it regardless.

• Like 1

This is a shambles.

We have cruised with P&O for 20 years and even the old CP used to revert our passport numbers to out of date passports EVERY cruise. Even though new ones had been saved it didn't matter.

This, of course, has done the same again. But everything about this new site is pathetic.

I can't even switch between my details and my wife's and every time I enter our emergency phone number it is deleted.

Can someone please get their finger out at P&O and sort out this mess. 

30 minutes ago, Saltybutnice13 said:

This is a shambles.

We have cruised with P&O for 20 years and even the old CP used to revert our passport numbers to out of date passports EVERY cruise. Even though new ones had been saved it didn't matter.

This, of course, has done the same again. But everything about this new site is pathetic.

I can't even switch between my details and my wife's and every time I enter our emergency phone number it is deleted.

Can someone please get their finger out at P&O and sort out this mess. 

I think this might be a sneaky ploy so that once on board any little niggles pale into insignificance, and are not worth complaining about!!:classic_cool:

As Bin man quoted on an earlier post you can access and input passenger 2 details by logging on in their name and DOB.

. Still having problems with insurance telephone number but next of kin etc is fine.

Edited by Rupert2251

It seems that so many of us....including myself....are having problems with CP " upgrade" ....P&O must know what they have created is not fit for purpose so why don't they just go back to the original style CP that worked a lot better for their clients rather  than this new fangled creation.

With the old cruise personaliser I only had to remember my name and date of birth, I could manage that, most days anyway 😂 but with the new one I have to try to remember my booking reference every time I log in - not a chance!

Has anyone found a way to save the log-in page WITH the booking number still filled in?