Bringing Lactaid milk onboard?

cathycruise

Hi

This may sound silly, but it is nonetheless important for me, so I'm asking 😊.  Would I be allowed to bring a small carton of Lactaid® milk on board? I know the ship offers you "lactose free" milk, which is powder milk mixed with water because on our last cruise I requested for a lactose intolerance diet, and our waiters always brought me a glass of powdered milk mixed with water. I was grateful for it, but unfortunately such milk is not really ideal to be added a cup of tea.  So, if the ship allows, I would like to buy a small carton of Lactaid milk and bring it with me. I think it may be a very long shot, and the answer is probably no, but I would like to check just in case. Thank you.

3 minutes ago, cathycruise said:

Hi

This may sound silly, but it is nonetheless important for me, so I'm asking 😊.  Would I be allowed to bring a small carton of Lactaid® milk on board? I know the ship offers you "lactose free" milk, which is powder milk mixed with water because on our last cruise I requested for a lactose intolerance diet, and our waiters always brought me a glass of powdered milk mixed with water. I was grateful for it, but unfortunately such milk is not really ideal to be added a cup of tea.  So, if the ship allows, I would like to buy a small carton of Lactaid milk and bring it with me. I think it may be a very long shot, and the answer is probably no, but I would like to check just in case. Thank you.

Yes like soda/water etc I would not see why not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cathycruise said:

Hi

I don't know if this will help or not but my college roommate always had powdered milk growing up.  I couldn't understand how he could drink that horrible stuff but he showed me the secret.  He would mix the powdered milk and let it stand overnight in the fridge and the next day it tasted just like real milk!  Maybe if you asked for a large glass of the powdered lactose free milk and took it back to your cabin fridge, it might work better for you.  Even if you bring the Lactaid onboard with you, why not give it a try?  It can't hurt.

2 hours ago, cathycruise said:

Hi

This may sound silly, but it is nonetheless important for me, so I'm asking 😊.  Would I be allowed to bring a small carton of Lactaid® milk on board?

I'm sure you can bring on anything you wish, as long as it doesn't contain alcahol.

There might be other alternatives ... like soy or almond ... that would save you the schleping...

15 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Correct. Others have posted about soy, not sure about almond.

Almond milk is like every other topic on cruise critic:

I searched, and found...

...posts saying that there is almond milk in cartons in the lido, and

posts saying there is no almond milk on Princess.

On 11/16/2019 at 11:24 AM, cathycruise said:

Hi

We are super picky about our coffee and bring our own sugar (agave nectar) and half and half on board.  It's not a problem.   

On 11/16/2019 at 7:41 PM, beg3yrs said:

We were on the Sapphire Princess earlier this year and fat-free lactose-free milk, not powdered but in a box, was available at all the coffee bars.

Just got off of the Royal Princess, and in the buffet by the cereal was boxed lactose-free milk. 

I sent a allergy/sensitivity email to Princess through the cruise personalizer.   Apparently they will have lactose free options, exactly what I'm not sure.  However, considering the cruise isn't until August, there is time.

I'm hearing more ships are carrying lactose free.  The question is, what happens when/if they sell out.

I'll confirm that Royal had cartons of 2% Lactaid on the buffet daily during breakfast hours during our recent cruise from September 29 - October 15.  

DW occasionally drinks almond milk to battle insomnia.  We bring on 3 or 4 single serving boxes or the like with no questions asked by Princess.  As other have said, so long as it's sealed and clearly not alcohol I wouldn't expect a problem.

You could totally bring it. I just ordered whatever it was they had for me. I am usually picky when I decide to drink that stuff, but with their chocolate cake, I could not taste a difference. hahahaha I did usually order 2 glasses and kept one for the next morning pending my mood.