Celebrity Website

BLJ1

There are a number of reasons for this:

1. The website is crap

2. The cruise may be full and no cabins are available

3. The cruise has been put on hold pending a possible itinerary change- This happening a lot lately with the revolutionizing of ships changing

4. The ship is being chartered and the cruise is cancelled.

These are but 4 reasons but NO 1 is most likely

• Like 2

The Celebrity website, as is the case with so many travel websites for whatever reason, is awful.  Any site that locks you out because you've used the back button in your browser has been designed by someone who learned how to do websites many years ago and has not bothered to improve their skills.  Why Royal Caribbean/Celebrity has not addressed this is beyond me.

The one thing that they have down pretty well is the "stalking."  It creeps me out and annoys me to no end that when I try to find out how much a particular cruise would cost me, I am then hit up with emails afterwards encouraging me to "finish booking my cruise" (unless I open an incognito window first, which would probably still not help since it asks me to input my Captain's Club number in case there's a discount).  I REALLY wish they'd just trust that I will follow through and book the dang cruise if I want to book the dang cruise.  If I don't book it, that's because I don't want to book it... just leave me alone!  Celebrity sending me a "reminder" email is merely going to aggravate me and is never going to prod me into booking a cruise.

Edited by SunsetPoint
  • Like 2

I just did a search on X website using three different browsers on my desktop computer, Edge, Chrome and Firefox without any problems. However I ONLY search using an InPrivate or Incognito window on each browser. That has the added benefit of not having X "stalk" me with emails relevant to the searches I do.

I have been trying for a week to sign up for connections on their website and get the error “Cruise Critic Registration is not allowed for bookings in a status other than booked”

I have emailed the address supplied on the celebrity page (connections@celebrity.com) as well as the address I got from the celebrity representative on the phone (connections@celebritycruises.com) and both emails were returned as undeliverable.

the representative said that last night 11/16-17, they did an update to their website and today they were working on on fixing the problems their update has caused. That does not solve my issue though. Now I have emailed Celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com for a resolution and so far that email has not been returned  so we’ll see if that gets anywhere.

4 hours ago, Coastalrap said:

I have been trying for a week to sign up for connections on their website and get the error “Cruise Critic Registration is not allowed for bookings in a status other than booked”

I have emailed the address supplied on the celebrity page (connections@celebrity.com) as well as the address I got from the celebrity representative on the phone (connections@celebritycruises.com) and both emails were returned as undeliverable.

the representative said that last night 11/16-17, they did an update to their website and today they were working on on fixing the problems their update has caused. That does not solve my issue though. Now I have emailed Celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com for a resolution and so far that email has not been returned  so we’ll see if that gets anywhere.

Try this workaround. It usually works.

On your computer

1. Clear your cookies and cache

2. Open an InPrivate or Incognito window in your browser

3. Go the X website

4. In the upper right corner click the search icon and type in Cruise Critic Connections and enter

5. Click on the right arrow next to the 1st search result.

6. Type in your reservation number, email, name, ship and sail date, say a short fervent prayer, and click enter

15 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Try this workaround. It usually works.

On your computer

1. Clear your cookies and cache

2. Open an InPrivate or Incognito window in your browser

3. Go the X website

4. In the upper right corner click the search icon and type in Cruise Critic Connections and enter

5. Click on the right arrow next to the 1st search result.

6. Type in your reservation number, email, name, ship and sail date, say a short fervent prayer, and click enter

thanks, I just tried this on a completely different computer that I have not used for the celebrity website. Tried 2 different browsers and even a VPN with no luck, same results.

oh well

Not only has the website been acting up, but I have received two emails back as undeliverable. One was sent to a customer service representative who gave me the address to use in reply to her.  The address worked last Monday but now it doesnt.  The second was sent to the shareholder benefit office, using the email that they supplied for the purpose of requesting the benefit. Returned as undeliverable.

22 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Website not great but it is definitely much better than it used to be!

Not in the U.K. sadly. 

You could get prices for all the different cabin categories and book flights and hotels. 

Now all all you can do is book a cabin. Only one price for outside/balcony etc. 

You cant even book flights when they are offered for free. You have to book your cruise then call to see what’s available if anything. So you’ll lose your deposit if you don’t like what’s there. 

Its gone from pretty useful if clunky to being worse than useless. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Highpeaklad said:

Not in the U.K. sadly. 

You could get prices for all the different cabin categories and book flights and hotels. 

Now all all you can do is book a cabin. Only one price for outside/balcony etc. 

You cant even book flights when they are offered for free. You have to book your cruise then call to see what’s available if anything. So you’ll lose your deposit if you don’t like what’s there. 

Its gone from pretty useful if clunky to being worse than useless. 

Totally agree. 

I'm still having problems, emailed celebrity who sent me a link, which although got on website can't search. Annoying thing is I have already booked but want to up grade to a S/V balcony on the Edge next July, they are all sold, so trying to keep an eye on things in case one should come up. My TA is also looking for me. Thanks for relplies 

On 11/17/2019 at 10:29 AM, Coastalrap said:

On 11/17/2019 at 10:29 AM, Coastalrap said:

...........the representative said that last night 11/16-17, they did an update to their website and today they were working on on fixing the problems their update has caused. That does not solve my issue though.

This is typical.  It seems that almost every time they try to fix something on the Celebrity website, they manage to mess up something else.

1 hour ago, Coastalrap said:

I got a reply from celebrity re. my issue joining connections. I was told that I needed to wait till the cruise was 60 days out.

i guess that’s their way of saying go away, we don’t know how to make our website work.

That is a very high pile of turkey feathers! The website says you can sign up for connections party at 1 year!!!!! I'd suggest calling Captains Club and ask them to sign you up and keep asking nicely until you get to someone who can accomplish it. The number is 800-760-0654. Where did they get the 60 day nonsense? That's really awful!!!!

This is getting weirder and weirder. I just tried the method I mentioned in post #9 on this thread using an InPrivate window on the Edge browser on my desktop computer. I registered an upcoming cruise (over 60 days out BTW), clicked enter and got an immediate email confirming my sign up. Here's the link: 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-critic-connections

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

This is getting weirder and weirder. I just tried the method I mentioned in post #9 on this thread using an InPrivate window on the Edge browser on my desktop computer. I registered an upcoming cruise (over 60 days out BTW), clicked enter and got an immediate email confirming my sign up. Here's the link: 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-critic-connections

I am already signed up for the Summit in Feb 2021 - WELL ahead of 60 days!