Pizza Pirate

MrBigBoy17

The oven used is not a true Brick, Stone and Deck Oven... it's a conveyor oven ( toaster 😂 ).  Kind of looks like those conveyors that Burger King has always used for to cook their burgers, if you ask me.  But the conveyor ovens sure speed up the cooking process and does not require any pizza baking skills.  You need that come midnight with all those drunk people ordering late-night pizzas...  🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

And a deep dish pizza is a different animal than a thick crust/pan style pizza.  I've actually had pizza where they do 2 thin crusts, and it is as you state - 2 thin crusts, not a thick crust.

I'm genuinely curious:  how do they cook the pizza if it isn't baked?

Regular pizza is cooked at a high temperature, hence the use of coal or wood based ovens.

On 11/16/2019 at 6:46 PM, jimbo5544 said:

Part of the reason Carnival switched (one part was thin was easier, I admit) was that Italy also has thin crust, and the obvious tie the the Italian restaurant.

Actually Italy has both! It's dependent on the region, but typically thin crust is served hot, like traditional pizza in most restaurants, while deep dish are usually individual servings sold at room temp, at most bakeries! It confused the daylights out of me at first!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

The oven used is not a true Brick, Stone and Deck Oven... it's a conveyor oven ( toaster 😂 ).  Kind of looks like those conveyors that Burger King has always used for to cook their burgers, if you ask me.  But the conveyor ovens sure speed up the cooking process and does not require any pizza baking skills.  You need that come midnight with all those drunk people ordering late-night pizzas...  🤣

Exactly. However. On the Royal, Celebrity and Princess ships. They do use ovens right there in front of you just like a pizza parlor. The pizza is hand tossed and not just squeezed out from a ball. Excellent and ordering is like a pizza parlor. it takes at lest 15 min to get your ordered pizza. There are still those that make a great pizza or a good pizza. Some how even using the same items the person making them have different results.

I'm sitting here, trying to recall the pizza that Carnival served on the Pride in 2007.  I fondly remember them -- quite delish.  I do recall that they were using a conveyor oven even back then.  All the crusts were in a rack waiting to be topped with deliciousness.  And I recall the pizza not being thin crust... but not real thick either... just a nice bread-ie (made up that word... 😂   ) crust -- as opposed to cracker-ie (that one too...  😂  ) crust.

So, y'all are saying that the crust is now cracker-ie ?

1 hour ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

I'm sitting here, trying to recall the pizza that Carnival served on the Pride in 2007.  I fondly remember them -- quite delish.  I do recall that they were using a conveyor oven even back then.  All the crusts were in a rack waiting to be topped with deliciousness.  And I recall the pizza not being thin crust... but not real thick either... just a nice bread-ie (made up that word... 😂   ) crust -- as opposed to cracker-ie (that one too...  😂  ) crust.

So, y'all are saying that the crust is now cracker-ie ?

not at all, thin, but soft and foldable.

On 11/18/2019 at 3:03 PM, coevan said:

they use a conveyor belt toaster

Yes they do and have no idea how to set it up without burning (CHARING) every pizza they make on every ship. Jet black crust. Soft. No it is NOT! Not on any of there ships. If you get a soft one, you lucked out big time. We have them make us a personal pan type pizza. Smaller and the dough ends up thicker which can handle the heat because it is thicker. They do turn out very good.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Yes they do and have no idea how to set it up without burning (CHARING) every pizza they make on every ship. Jet black crust. Soft. No it is NOT! Not on any of there ships. If you get a soft one, you lucked out big time. We have them make us a personal pan type pizza. Smaller and the dough ends up thicker which can handle the heat because it is thicker. They do turn out very good.

never had a burnt pizza, hence the conveyor belt, which times the pizza, so they don't burn

• Haha 1