Ft. Lauderdale 17th St-Christmas Day

CruisinFinsUp

Hi

We are flying into FLL on Christmas Day morning and staying at Embassy Suites. 

I'm expecting mostly everything will be closed - understandably so - but can anyone tell me if there will be a drugstore / convenience store open anywhere nearby please?  Just for snacks and a few beverages for the room.  

I expect we'll eat at ES that day as I doubt restaurants will be open too.  

Thanks much!

Publix market which sits just behind Embassy Suites in the Harbor Shopping Center may be open as well as a few restaurants in that immediate area within walking distance...the hotel front desk should be able to give you some suggestions.

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

Publix market which sits just behind Embassy Suites in the Harbor Shopping Center may be open as well as a few restaurants in that immediate area within walking distance...the hotel front desk should be able to give you some suggestions.

Thanks - based on the research I did, Publix will be closed.  

We are trying to find out if either of the drug stores along 17th St. will be open or another convenience store somewhere walking distance.   

If not, we will buy a few supplies at the airport for the one day before we go to the hotel.      Or use their vending machines!

I'm expecting that the little store in the embassy suites will be closed that day too with minimal staff on at the hotel. 

Edited by cruisintoddler

Yeah the Walgreens isn't far - I would call them and ask if they'll be open.

Even if the hotel gift shop is open, Walgreens will be a lot cheaper:classic_smile:

I'd suggest zooming in and out on google maps, make note of some of the nearby restaurants, and call to see if they're open.  Kelly's Seafood is nice if they're open.

• Like 1

Publix is closed on all major holidays.

If that Walgreens is open, go there.

I can't remember if Duffys is open on Christmas Day but that would be a good choice and the new Quarterdeck opens Christmas night I think.  Otherwise Coco Asian is excellent in the Harbor Shops.

I had the same problem a few years ago.  I made a list of restaurants recommended from Cruise Critic.  I emailed them asking if they were open on Dec 24 and 25.

Kelly’s Landing is not open Dec 25.

Edited by phabric