St. Ermin's Hotel

deec

Has anyone stayed at this hotel?  We are looking for a Marriott Property ( not mandatory) that is walkable , close to a tube and maybe in the St. James area.  Everything looks quite expensive.  We will be there 4 days in late June.  Just starting this search so any suggestions are welcome.  Even your favorite air b&b!  We will be 2 couples.

• 2 weeks later...

We have stayed at St. Ermin’s Several times. It is well cared for with clean rooms and a helpful staff. It is an older building with rooms of different shapes and sizes. What attracted me the first time was that it is within walking distance to many sights from Buckingham Palace to Trafalgar Square. For those going farther a field the St. James Park tube is around the corner. We have never eaten in the hotel, but there are plenty of restaurants for lunch and dinner in the area. We usually do breakfast at a Prete a manger; there are two locations that are very close.

Thank you SpeedyJane.  We have booked!  Did you pre-booked transportation from airport to hotel or take a taxi?  We don't want to deal with public transport with luggage.

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Realblonde474 said:

We just booked this hotel, thank you for the suggestion!

Great! I hope you like it as much as we did. You might try The Sanctuary House on Tothill St. for the pub atmosphere. We have gone to an Italian restaurant, Colosseo,  on Victoria St. several times. Both of these restaurants are quick walks from St. Ermin’s.

• Thanks 1

On 12/3/2019 at 2:47 PM, InVelvetSlumber said:

I doubt Wimbledon would have any effect, it's not in central London and isn't a large capacity event.

Not so far...
Funny the 10 or so years   we’ve been in London during Wimbledon our hotel was always over booked Over and priced.

Best restaurants were also totally booked in advance.🎾🎾

2 hours ago, deec said:

Thanks for the restaurant suggestions!!

SpeedyJane any suggestions for small group or private tour guides?

Sorry, but I can't personally recommend any tours. Staying so close to so many sights and the tube we toured on our own. I did investigate London Walks, but never used them.

1 hour ago, speedyjane said:

Sorry, but I can't personally recommend any tours. Staying so close to so many sights and the tube we toured on our own. I did investigate London Walks, but never used them.

I have done many London Walks; most have been wonderful.

thanks for the endorsement of London Walks...I have been reading about them.  Disappointed that the summer tours of Buckingham Palace will not be when we are there in June!

On 1/13/2020 at 10:20 PM, speedyjane said:

You might try The Sanctuary House on Tothill St. for the pub atmosphere.

Now there’s absolutely nothing wrong with The Sanctuary House - as a Fuller’s Ale and Pie house you will get consistently good beer and food. But as a pub it dates all the way back to, er, 1998. So please try at least one of the more historic pubs in the area, such as The Two Chairmen, Adam and Eve, Buckingham Arms or Westminster Arms 🙂