Azamara Journey November 8,2021

Phxazzcruisers

Bonnie, Maybe you can find out.  I booked Journey for November 8, 2021, a 10 night Arab intensive Voyage with a B2B to the November 18th voyage.  I have some friends that would like to join us, however, the November 8th voyage is no longer showing up, though it is still on My Azamara.com.  Do you know what happened to this voyage?

19 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

Bonnie, Maybe you can find out.  I booked Journey for November 8, 2021, a 10 night Arab intensive Voyage with a B2B to the November 18th voyage.  I have some friends that would like to join us, however, the November 8th voyage is no longer showing up, though it is still on My Azamara.com.  Do you know what happened to this voyage?

It seems 2 months with Journey late 2021 has disappeared. No voyages between sept 18 and november 18.

53 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

I understand a letter has gone to your TA. Let me me know if you didn’t get it.

Hi Bonnie, I just sent an email to my TA as we are currently out of the Country.  I will let you know when she responds.  Thanks for your kind assistance

9 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

I understand a letter has gone to your TA. Let me me know if you didn’t get it.

Good morning Bonnie.  I got an email back from my TA.  No notice of cancellation has been received and she is still showing it as booked on the website, as am I.  Can you  please clarify?  THANKS

OK.  My TA just got the letter dated 11/18/19.  They have chartered out the ship for that voyage.  WE understand that happens, but are not very happy.  All that was offered was some OBC if we book another voyage by the end of the year.  That, however, was the iteniery we desired.....Oh, well, I guess I will look at what Celebrity has to offer and cancel the entire B2B cruise on Azamara

3 minutes ago, Norwaylady said:

So to make it completely clear: Is the suez canal 2021+next sailing being charteret out?

We have not received any information about this...... and we are booked on suez canal🙄

It seems so.  I, personally didnot get notice, but my TA did get a letter.  If you booked with a TA, I would check with them.  

Just now, Phxazzcruisers said:

It seems so.  I, personally didnot get notice, but my TA did get a letter.  If you booked with a TA, I would check with them.  

Thank you.... We live in Norway, so its not that common to have a travel agent as in US. We always book directly by X/RRCL/Azamara nordic office online. 

I will call the nordic office to clarify whats up😞

OK. update....  That first leg of our B2B cruise as indeed cancelled due to a charter.  Very disappointing.  However, after the India Intensive Cruise the Journey goes from Singapore to Bali to Western Australia.  We have not yet been to Western Australia so that seems great.  Our TA talked to Azamara and we move the reservation to that cruise, got the $500.00 apology OBC and kept all of our original benefits from the on board booking of the 1st cruise that was cancelled.  All in all, still disappointed, but happy with the resolution.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

OK. update....  That first leg of our B2B cruise as indeed cancelled due to a charter.  Very disappointing.  However, after the India Intensive Cruise the Journey goes from Singapore to Bali to Western Australia.  We have not yet been to Western Australia so that seems great.  Our TA talked to Azamara and we move the reservation to that cruise, got the $500.00 apology OBC and kept all of our original benefits from the on board booking of the 1st cruise that was cancelled.  All in all, still disappointed, but happy with the resolution.

I’m SO glad you found a suitable substitution Phxazzcruiser. Thank you!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

So glad to hear you’ve an acceptable outcome!  Western Australia is still on my bucket list, I’m sure it will be a great cruise!!

On 11/19/2019 at 1:36 PM, Phxazzcruisers said:

OK.  My TA just got the letter dated 11/18/19.  They have chartered out the ship for that voyage.  WE understand that happens, but are not very happy.  All that was offered was some OBC if we book another voyage by the end of the year.  That, however, was the iteniery we desired.....Oh, well, I guess I will look at what Celebrity has to offer and cancel the entire B2B cruise on Azamara

I got similar information from my TA.  My TA wrote of a 2 month charter, September and October 2021. 

We booked a 16-night sailing, from 23 October 2021.  This has been postponed to 2 November.  From my reading of cruises aggregated on the Cruisebe app, a few sailings may be affected by this charter. 

We had not booked but had planned to be on the November cruises and were looking to book onboard. Back to the drawing board then, nothing else fits our probable availability or has itineraries we want. 
I know I’m a broken record but in my view no charters should be accepted after itineraries are published to guests. Sends out the wrong message I know others do it to but as we move to overcapacity it would be nice if a line said except for circumstances beyond our control we will honour all published itineraries (charters being within their control) 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, uktog said:

We had not booked but had planned to be on the November cruises and were looking to book onboard. Back to the drawing board then, nothing else fits our probable availability or has itineraries we want. 
I know I’m a broken record but in my view no charters should be accepted after itineraries are published to guests. Sends out the wrong message I know others do it to but as we move to overcapacity it would be nice if a line said except for circumstances beyond our control we will honour all published itineraries (charters being within their control) 

They probably think it's no big deal if the itinerary is a couple of years out and maybe they're right.  It's the closer they get to 12 months when alternatives get a little more scarce that is the real problem.  Also, they should make all deposits fully refundable up to 12 months out.  Things happen on the cruisline's side, but also the passenger side.

40 minutes ago, uktog said:

Although it would be nice to get such a commitment, I'm not certain that it is practicable for cruises two years away,

Not only charters but shifts in passenger demand over that period may lead to itinerary changes. For example, the rather cool reception for Azamara's Alaska cruises was no doubt surprising to the cruise line and did lead to alterations.

And, indeed, our own personal circumstances (health, wealth, etc.) may alter significantly over a two year period. It would be interesting to see statistics as to how many cruisers change plans over a two-year period and cancel a long-held reservation. We certainly have done so.

My focus for this policy would be on itineraries one year out, since at that point passengers may be locking in because of work commitments, flight purchases, etc.  Changes at that point should only be for serious issues.

And even then I always see these plans as somewhat tentative not only for the cruise line but also for us personally. Final payment really locks it in.

My memory may be flawed, but it seems to me that the release of plans for cruises two years away is a relatively recent development. Of course, "recent" in my thinking is within the last five years. 🙂

28 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

They probably think it's no big deal if the itinerary is a couple of years out and maybe they're right.  It's the closer they get to 12 months when alternatives get a little more scarce that is the real problem.  Also, they should make all deposits fully refundable up to 12 months out.  Things happen on the cruisline's side, but also the passenger side.

I was typing as hubofhockey posted a much more succinct reply.

We seem to be in general agreement, although I might demur about the refundable deposit.

18 hours ago, uktog said:

We just booked Singapore to Auckland via Perth and Southern Australia, including NYs in Sydney - would be awesome if you joined us 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Did something happen to the charter? I see cruises are for sale again.  

Journey is available again, but the iteniery has changed.  The original one we had booked for November 8 is no longer there, it was replaced by a longer cruise from Greece to Dubai....