Pearl Harbour after disembarkation?

Mocamps

Hi,

We will be doing a Norwegian Jewel cruise from Tahiti to Hawaii in April. On our disembarkation day we have a mid/late afternoon flight (need to be at the airport at around 2pm, possibly 2.30). The ship is due to dock at 6 am and we would really love to pay a short visit to Pearl Harbour, Do you think this is feasible? I've heard the museum is open quite early.

And, if it is feasible then which would be the best way to do it? I've heard that there is somewhere that we can leave luggage at the museum so could we get an Uber/taxi there, leave our luggage, see the monument, pick up our luggage and then get another taxi to the airport? OR sort out a tour where we can leave our luggage in the minibus or whatever we're touring in and then be dropped off at the airport? If the second option, can anyone recommend a tour company where this will work? I thought the cruise company might do something like that but they don't appear to. We don't usually use cruise ship excursions but might make an exception if this worked out to be the only way we could incorporate Pearl Harbour.

All advice much appreciated. This will be our first visit to Hawaii.

There is a baggage storage building located to the right of the visitor center entrance. There is a fee of $5 per bag, no matter the size of the bag. Luggage is also allowed.

Be sure to get reservations in advance. You can get there by bus. Click on the link in my signature.

2 hours ago, denmarks said:

There is a baggage storage building located to the right of the visitor center entrance. There is a fee of $5 per bag, no matter the size of the bag. Luggage is also allowed.

Be sure to get reservations in advance. You can get there by bus. Click on the link in my signature.

By TheBus (Honolulu City Bus)? Not with checked bags. Only carry ons. Taxi would be the better idea.

• 4 weeks later...

Sometimes the early tickets for the Arizona memorial do not go online, but are available for walk up visitors. You only need tickets for the visit to the Arizona memorial. No tickets needed for the museums. 

I had online tickets for the 11:30 boat, but arrived at 9 to visit the museums. When I checked in at the ticket window, they offered me tickets for the 9:10 boat. We just did the museums afterwards.

Two tips: you can bring a clear bag with you without checking it. Similar to the type of bag people use at stadiums and other public venues. And renting the audio guide greatly enhanced the visit to the museums.

The Memorial is worth any amount of effort put in to figuring out the logistics of fitting in the visit. I am still awed by the raw emotion I felt stepping onto the Memorial. And how amazed I was to learn why Japan attacked.

• 4 weeks later...